Visa to Australia

abcde83

Reaction score
i dont know.
do they state the reason?
they just send automated email informing me to apply manually and provide additional documents...

after spending 30min filling up Visitor Visa (600), processing fees are AUD 150.
ok change of plans.

anyone else had their app ETA application rejected?
how long before u got the request to submit for more info?
I submitted since 15 June till now no sound no picture.

bladez87

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
how long before u got the request to submit for more info?
I submitted since 15 June till now no sound no picture.
i have not paid for the AUD 150 yet.
have you paid?
seeing so many of you experiencing same thing, i was thinking of abandoning the visa application since i have not booked tickets yet.

gravityz3r0

Reaction score
Just to chip in,

Submitted via ETA app for my entire family, 1 spouse + 2 kids ( all SG) except myself who is MY. All of them got instant approval, whereas i got a notification to provide additional supporting documents. Have to go Immi online website to follow up, submit bunch of stuff like your employment status, financial doc, itinerary, flight tix, etc etc.

No need to pay anything extra when submitting supporting documents. Submitted everything on the spot, with exception of flight tix because not yet buy and travel date still 3 months ahead. Will update if i get any response.

My advice is, don't duplicate and apply your visa again especially for the subclass 600 which cost AUD 150 unless you are clearly rejected.

There is no reason to pay anything more beyond the AUD20 ETA fee because malaysia is clearly eligible for one.

ekardo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Visa application is valid for 1 year from application date, so if i should apply 2 weeks before my trip is it enough time?

The DPD can only submit 7 days before travel, does it means I have to get another updated copy from notarise?

bladez87

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just to chip in,

Submitted via ETA app for my entire family, 1 spouse + 2 kids ( all SG) except myself who is MY. All of them got instant approval, whereas i got a notification to provide additional supporting documents. Have to go Immi online website to follow up, submit bunch of stuff like your employment status, financial doc, itinerary, flight tix, etc etc.

No need to pay anything extra when submitting supporting documents. Submitted everything on the spot, with exception of flight tix because not yet buy and travel date still 3 months ahead. Will update if i get any response.

My advice is, don't duplicate and apply your visa again especially for the subclass 600 which cost AUD 150 unless you are clearly rejected.

There is no reason to pay anything more beyond the AUD20 ETA fee because malaysia is clearly eligible for one.
how to submit the supporting documents without applying for subclass 600?

gravityz3r0

Reaction score
how to submit the supporting documents without applying for subclass 600?
Register an account under Immi online. Then look for your email ETA result, under the instruction there is a direct link to subclass 601 application, which cannot be found if you try to find it manually. I am not sure why.

For reference, i'll paste the link here : https://online.immi.gov.au/elp/app?action=new&formId=ETA-AP-601
This one takes you directly to subclass 601 to submit your supporting doc. You will need your pending ETA reference number while filling up the form. No further payment is needed if you apply via this link.

You also need to fill up the following PDF file and attach it along with other docs.
https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/form-listing/forms/1554.pdf

If not sure, always refer back to your email correspondence.

bladez87

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Register an account under Immi online. Then look for your email ETA result, under the instruction there is a direct link to subclass 601 application, which cannot be found if you try to find it manually. I am not sure why.

For reference, i'll paste the link here : https://online.immi.gov.au/elp/app?action=new&formId=ETA-AP-601
This one takes you directly to subclass 601 to submit your supporting doc. You will need your pending ETA reference number while filling up the form. No further payment is needed if you apply via this link.

You also need to fill up the following PDF file and attach it along with other docs.
https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/form-listing/forms/1554.pdf

Thanks
i started a new application under 600. no wonder.

beano

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Visa application is valid for 1 year from application date, so if i should apply 2 weeks before my trip is it enough time?

The DPD can only submit 7 days before travel, does it means I have to get another updated copy from notarise?
FYI,

From 6 July 2022, the way you travel to and from Australia is changing. All travellers need to be aware that: People entering Australia do not need to provide evidence of vaccination status.

beano

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

No harm applying early, unless you are planning to travel to Aust this time next year again.

ekardo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
thanks..this is good news...

anyone have experience with car rental in perth?

got toll ? and need to prepare cash for toll ? and how to pay for street side parking in the city?

beano

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
thanks..this is good news...

anyone have experience with car rental in perth?

got toll ? and need to prepare cash for toll ? and how to pay for street side parking in the city

no toll in Perth, street parking can pay at machine or use app.

gravityz3r0

Reaction score
Just to chip in,

An update as promised, after submitting the supporting documents (pretty much everything except for flight tix as that was not purchased yet) on 3 JUL 22.

Finally getting a reply on 18 JUL (15days) that that ETA was granted. No extra payment or fee incurred beyond the original AUD20 paid via the app.

Hope this helps! Cheers!

megaweb

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
What is the latest update for VISA application ?

via ETA only ? How much ?

Thanks.

ek2022

Reaction score

For reference, i'll paste the link here :

Hey, I really appreciate some help here. I have applied ETA using the app and I received the same email about submitting an online form as well as form 1554. However, i couldn't find the specific segment in immiaccount to do so and I believe I had re-applied a new ETA under the ImmiAccount, which now directs to the payment page of AUD150. Just wondering, how do I really get the link to submit the form 1554 without incurring the payment?

I clicked on your link provided but it directs me straight to only immiAccount. I tried searching for all the links in my email correspondence about the ETA status, none of the link actually brought me to submit the supporting docs.

How did you find the link to submit the form 1554? or is there a need to really pay the AUD150 after the $20?

ek2022

Reaction score
I went thru the Australian ETA app as well as the ImmiAccount. For Australian ETA App, there’s no option for document attachment submission. The email I received upon first submission cannot he replied to. For ImmiAccount, there could be only attachment submission upon applying a new ETA (subclass600) which currently I’m trying to get my subclass601 being approved. I understand from earlier post there’s a direct link to just submit the supportive documents which I have challenge finding. Could it be just the app’s temp technical glitch or am I missing something somewhere :(

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.