HLE - need to produce 6 months of bank statement to show built up of savings

halfnode

Reaction score
just received a call from HDB after i wrote to them why they need bank statement despite being a fixed salaried employee.

the CSO clarified that my employment income letter did not state full time or part time, so the retainer fee i received from the 2nd job was thought to be a part time pay, that's why i'm required to produce bank statements, credit report and tax statements.

i have to resubmit the employment income letter to state i'm full-time for both, and i wont need to furnish the bank statements, credit report and tax statements
Really that’s why should have a standardised pay / employment letter. Save a lot of ppl time and trouble

Laneige

Honorary Member
Reaction score
okay thanks.

looks like it's my low retainer fee that is causing the trouble
What is retainer fees
Insurance premium isn’t savings plan
Savings in banks can take out anytime to pay loans
Insurance cannot mah

ashethen

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
What is retainer fees
Insurance premium isn’t savings plan
Savings in banks can take out anytime to pay loans
Insurance cannot mah
Those liquid savings plan like singlife.

Don't know why my company want to split my pay and give me retainer fee. I think last time want to hit ft quota or what. Anyway I've requested for consolidation of my salary to one company already

tmnycc

Reaction score
Those liquid savings plan like singlife.

Don't know why my company want to split my pay and give me retainer fee. I think last time want to hit ft quota or what. Anyway I've requested for consolidation of my salary to one company already
omg in the same boat as you rn. wondering if your last submission went through? i also had to request for another employment letter from my previous company due to the 2 pay slip/2 subsidiary company issue! hope all goes through

ashethen

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
omg in the same boat as you rn. wondering if your last submission went through? i also had to request for another employment letter from my previous company due to the 2 pay slip/2 subsidiary company issue! hope all goes through
Submitted my income letters plus the additional income tax statements and payslips. Now awaiting their review.

The cso wanted me to submit bank statements and credit report too even though my income letters already stated full time for both employment, because her supervising officer, the hdb officer reviewing the documents, wanted it because of my few hundred bucks salary from the secondary employment. I told her I don't want to submit credit report and bank statement, so she said she'll let the hdb officer know and let me submit only the tax and payslips.

It's as though my few hundred bucks fixed full time salary is a huge liability like that :rolleyes::rolleyes:. I told her just only take my primary employment that I get few thousand bucks salary into consideration for the loan also cannot, because I got 2 cpf contribution so have to take both into consideration. Damn rubbish, that additional small fixed income treated like a liability by hdb

How's your salary split like?

Last edited:

tmnycc

Reaction score
Submitted my income letters plus the additional income tax statements and payslips. Now awaiting their review.

The cso wanted me to submit bank statements and credit report too even though my income letters already stated full time for both employment, because her supervising officer, the hdb officer reviewing the documents, wanted it because of my few hundred bucks salary from the secondary employment. I told her I don't want to submit credit report and bank statement, so she said she'll let the hdb officer know and let me submit only the tax and payslips.

It's as though my few hundred bucks fixed full time salary is a huge liability like that :rolleyes::rolleyes:. I told her just only take my primary employment that I get few thousand bucks salary into consideration for the loan also cannot, because I got 2 cpf contribution so have to take both into consideration. Damn rubbish, that additional small fixed income treated like a liability by hdb

How's your salary split like?
i thought in your previous message you said the CSO said you just needed to state full time employment...
my cso told me to use the hdb sample to get my previous company to indicate that the 2 companies paying me are related so that's what i did. my salary split was like 50% HAHAHAHA. im hoping mine goes through because i think its really stupid to have to submit all the other additional documents as well. not to mention i am already in new employment so idk if that counts for anything on their end.

i only submitted the additional pay slips they requested, new revised employment letter frommy ex company, employee release & waiver (to prove im no longer working there lol), and all my new employment payslips + contract. i left out the bank statements and credit report (and i didnt even know u have to pay for this lol)

did they call you right after you submitted your documents? this is truly so troublesome and cant wait for it to be done and over with smh

oh and btw are you applying for bto as well or?? hahaha just curious

ashethen

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i thought in your previous message you said the CSO said you just needed to state full time employment...
my cso told me to use the hdb sample to get my previous company to indicate that the 2 companies paying me are related so that's what i did. my salary split was like 50% HAHAHAHA. im hoping mine goes through because i think its really stupid to have to submit all the other additional documents as well. not to mention i am already in new employment so idk if that counts for anything on their end.

btw did they call you right after you submitted your documents? this is truly so troublesome and cant wait for it to be done and over with smh
Ya it was a substitute cso who said that. My assigned cso was on leave that day :s22:

They only called me because I sent an enquiry from the hdb portal.

I'm applying for singles bto

Last edited:

tmnycc

Reaction score
Ya it was a substitute cso who said that. My assigned cso was on leave that day :s22:
thats so misleading....... well hopefully our document submissions go through! do update if they do and thanks for sharing!! :)

ashethen

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
thats so misleading....... well hopefully our document submissions go through! do update if they do and thanks for sharing!! :)
just got my HLE letter, after 1+ week since i submitted the documents.

loan eligibility amount is consistent with the HDB budget calculator estimate

Last edited:

todomachi

Reaction score

HDB budget calculator as you said is an estimate where they cannot take into other consideration like your bank savings, credit rating, etc.

ashethen

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
HDB budget calculator as you said is an estimate where they cannot take into other consideration like your bank savings, credit rating, etc.
you mean HDB will give a higher eligibility amount than the calculator estimate if i furnish my credit report and bank statement to them?

3G SAINT

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

How much loan HDB give you?
What is your income?

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.