How to tell we are charged right vol of petrol pumped into car

LocalRider

Reaction score
EF938F1F-6B34-4CE0-A13F-8991EA4CD264.jpeg
This is second time, but the liters of petrol charged when I go to the petrol station for refill seems to be more than I expected…

latest puzzle - My car model the standard petrol tank capacity is 50L.

how is it when I have a quarter left on the car fuel meter, and haven’t reached the refill red line, that the petrol station charged me 49.1L for the petrol?

is there any easy way for drivers to verify whether petrol station is charging us the right volume of petrol put into the car tank?

Last edited:

reddevil0728

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
EF938F1F-6B34-4CE0-A13F-8991EA4CD264.jpeg
This is second time, but the liters of petrol charged when I go to the petrol station for refill seems to be more than I expected…

latest puzzle - VW golf standard petrol tank capacity is 50L.

how is it when I have a quarter left on the car fuel meter, and haven’t reached the refill red line, that the petrol station charged me 49.1L for the petrol?

is there any easy way for drivers to verify whether petrol station is charging us the right volume of petrol put into the car tank?
I’m pretty sure they have to go through regular audits. Maybe your expectations might just be off?

kebinu

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
haha, if you are trying to troll, try harder. if you are for real, relax and drive or don't drive.

LocalRider

Reaction score
haha, if you are trying to troll, try harder. if you are for real, relax and drive or don't drive.
This is not a troll

Why you so suspicious? You already insinuate I am either not cool or a troll. No upside for me right? Already do character assassination. Why you attack people with no basis? Shiok ah?

How many receipt or photo do I need to show , to show this is genuine question?

Last edited:

LocalRider

Reaction score
I’m pretty sure they have to go through regular audits. Maybe your expectations might just be off?

happened before

“https://mothership.sg/2019/04/caltex-dispenser-meter-running-upper-serangoon/“

Anyway if there is anyway which fuel into car tank can be measured separately pls let me know

Last edited:

reddevil0728

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
happened before

“https://mothership.sg/2019/04/caltex-dispenser-meter-running-upper-serangoon/“

Anyway if there is anyway which fuel into car tabnk can be measured separately pls let me know
why don't feedback to the station ask them to investigate?

Sauron

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The attendant sui sui pump until 144 dollar.

After the pump auto stop liao, the attendant still squeeze some moar.

For my entry level conti, can pump 6 more litters than the official published tank size for low level mark to auto stop

sinistral

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
1) Fuel gauge meter may be inaccurate (displaying more than what is really inside the fuel tank)

2) Fuel tank usually have reserves, spec sheet may state 50l fuel tank but it may actually hold like 53-55l

3) if you don't inform fuel attendants, they will usually try to fill up to the nearest whole number. This may damage your car's EVAP system so please be mindful and inform them to not to continue filling when the fuel-cut for the pump is automatically triggered

TBH fuel pumps are extremely accurate, that's how people use to calculate their fuel consumption over refills

yoongf

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I am convinced the fuel meter guage is non linear. The 1/4 1/2 3/4 full is more of a phychological mark rather thsn actual volume.

U can test out yourself. 3/4 mark go topup, 1/2 mark go topup, 1/4 mark go topup. E .. go top up. The maths dun add up.

E is also not truly empty. Even when distance left says 0, i could drive 30km more and still cant squeeze in full tank volume.

Sauron

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I am convinced the fuel meter guage is non linear. The 1/4 1/2 3/4 full is more of a phychological mark rather thsn actual volume.

U can test out yourself. 3/4 mark go topup, 1/2 mark go topup, 1/4 mark go topup. E .. go top up. The maths dun add up.

E is also not truly empty. Even when distance left says 0, i could drive 30km more and still cant squeeze in full tank volume.
My entry level conti 3/4 marks is actually half tank

Mclairs83

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

drove my previous mz3 on 0KM remaining for almost 30km. still can run. top up 50l worth of petrol.

LoUsyGamER

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Ts, this^
If your car does not have computer to calculate for you.

You add 1 litre at a time and see the gauge.

blackestvoid

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
drive until car petrol empty then tow car to petrol station to pump 50.01l
if 0.01l never overflow out means they cheating
if 49.9l and already overflow means car manufacturer cheating you

reddevil0728

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
drive until car petrol empty then tow car to petrol station to pump 50.01l
if 0.01l never overflow out means they cheating
if 49.9l and already overflow means car manufacturer cheating you
might as well just make a bighooha on social media, tag that petrol company, then they forced to check cause of public scrutiny and likely authority scrutiny. save yourself the trouble and extra cost.

Infinite

Reaction score
whats your car model? Golf? Guess only golf owners can answer you.
mine is a 44L car and I have nvr pumped more than 40L before. Your question is valid..

blackestvoid

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
might as well just make a bighooha on social media, tag that petrol company, then they forced to check cause of public scrutiny and likely authority scrutiny. save yourself the trouble and extra cost.
no proof make big hooha these companies no $ to sue?
quite sure the petrol company is already aware of ts post and looking at next course of action

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.