Sony Xperia IV

wolvie77

Reaction score
Hi! all. just got my set. i tried to charge it with my existing 3rd party usb C cable and powerbank. but it doesn't seem to work. does Xperia 1iv require a specific model?

Toader

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi! all. just got my set. i tried to charge it with my existing 3rd party usb C cable and powerbank. but it doesn't seem to work. does Xperia 1iv require a specific model?
Shouldn't. Think its either your cable is defective / power bank defective.

OR,

try restart your phone after you setup so many settings updates and applications.

Last edited:

viperx

Reaction score
Currently using xperia 5 ii(export set) but green line appeared on screen so looking around for options.. The 5G, VoLTE dont work on my 5 II. Even on Singtel network before switching to MVNOs. Now we are at a stage of don't know if a certain phone's 5G or VoLTE will work or not.

rssd21

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Currently using xperia 5 ii(export set) but green line appeared on screen so looking around for options.. The 5G, VoLTE dont work on my 5 II. Even on Singtel network before switching to MVNOs. Now we are at a stage of don't know if a certain phone's 5G or VoLTE will work or not.

And I thought it is bad news that some countries with telcos that sell phones which are locked to their individual network. It is already 2022 with 5G networks still not fully developed and our telcos are no better that a 4G/5G capable phone cannot use 5G or VoLTE on local networks. What a shame.

viperx

Reaction score
And I thought it is bad news that some countries with telcos that sell phones which are locked to their individual network. It is already 2022 with 5G networks still not fully developed and our telcos are no better that a 4G/5G capable phone cannot use 5G or VoLTE on local networks. What a shame.
Exactly, after spending so much on getting the phone u like, still have to depend on whether telcos like your phone or not.

chooyoshi

Reaction score
1. 5G is still a big gimmick in 2022, no killer app I can think of that can use the theoratical speed difference over 4G. Also greater battery hog.

2. Luckily we are not like the US in this regard, where the 3 carriers shut down 3G networks this year. So this means unless you have a phone whitelisted for their VOLTE you are basically screwed. At least we don't have any intentions here to shut down 3G for the foreseeable future, which I reckon will happen long after the useful lifespan of a 2022 phone. Hopefully by then if Sony still sells phones here they will work with the carriers to do the necessary certifications

Toader

Master Member
Reaction score
Nice! Wanted to try last night but scared battery not enough. How did u trigger shutter? Bluetooth remote?
Yes cheap Bluetooth remote. Then go menu set volume button as shutter. During this mode when you connect your Bluetooth you likely unable to bring up keyboard to type.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.