SIM UOL students lip lais! - Part 10

studentintheday

Reaction score
Hello, I'm a year 1 SIM UOL student. Just want to find out how's Lee Chin Choo's Intro to Econs lecture like?

Didnt manage to attend her first lecture, is there anyone here that is in it and can give me some info as to what she went through or given out during the lecture?

maverickdrone

Reaction score
Hello, I'm a year 1 SIM UOL student. Just want to find out how's Lee Chin Choo's Intro to Econs lecture like?

Didnt manage to attend her first lecture, is there anyone here that is in it and can give me some info as to what she went through or given out during the lecture?
Hey! I think we might be in the same lecture/class (year 1 here too). She only went through block 1, she did upload whatever notes she wrote on her slides via padlet, do check your mymail because she did send out some email.

Last edited:

Vin1234

Reaction score
so i have to take another year to complete 1 mod? thats sad....
Hi man, I did bridging too. But I think we are allowed to fail 1 and still graduate? I think, since the modules we were exempted from are counted as a passed module.
If I’m not wrong. Will be quite sad to repeat one year cuz of one module. I’m so scared too..

marcus933

Reaction score
Hi guys, anyone received email from UOL for plagiarism for VSA 2022? Find it kind of weird that they accuse me of plagiarism when the exam was conducted entirely closed book :/

Last edited:

maverickdrone

Reaction score
hi is there a way to pay UOL fees using bank loan?
Paying via bank loan too, theres a payment guide for Flywire from UOL, you have to pay via bank transfer with their bank details given. If you are not too sure you can head down to student services or email student services for the guide. (or you can DM me)

Bleuus

Reaction score
Hey just asking with the recent result release, does asking for a recheck really help with anything?

Ilovecocacola

Reaction score
Hey just asking with the recent result release, does asking for a recheck really help with anything?
I posted this a while back:
Apparently the stats are not high. From their website, only 5 out of 1126 got a mark change(went up or down) in 2019. 2020 was even less according to them.
In 2019, 1126 administrative rechecks were completed. 99.1% of those cases had no error detected. Only 0.4% (5 cases) of all rechecks resulted in a change to the mark awarded. Please be aware that the likelihood of an administrative error being identified is extremely low.
For online timed assessments, most marking processes are also conducted online through the VLE, or by other electronic means. As the totalling of marks is largely automated under these systems, the potential for error is further reduced when compared to written examinations marked by hand
Honestly, if i wanted the peace of mind l would go for it any way.
it's like a lottery.
if we enter, we have a small chance of winning.
if we don't enter, we don't have a chance of winning at all.

Bleuus

Reaction score
I posted this a while back:
Apparently the stats are not high. From their website, only 5 out of 1126 got a mark change(went up or down) in 2019. 2020 was even less according to them.

Honestly, if i wanted the peace of mind l would go for it any way.
it's like a lottery.
if we enter, we have a small chance of winning.
if we don't enter, we don't have a chance of winning at all.
Ahh, I see! The thing is because it was online in the system I wasn't even able to see what I did wrong. So I guess I'll just resit

XiXiPee

Banned
Reaction score
Took the same papers, found them tougher too :”) PYPs were more doable. Abit worried about results
How's your result? I only managed to get a upper 2nd class for first year. Math 1 drag the average down because it was much difficult

Last edited:

xxxibgdrgn

Reaction score
Ho'ws your result? I only managed to get a upper 2nd class for first year. Math 1 drag the average down because it was much difficult
Got upper 2nd class too. Math 1 was tough, dragged the average down for me as well. Nevertheless, good job to getting through that tough period :) I was so anxious haha

Ilovecocacola

Reaction score
Anyone here are Y2,Y3, how difficult are 200/300 subjects compare to 100 subjects?
it depends on the subject. Certain subjects are easier such as management science methods (my opinion).
For subjects like macroeconomics or stuff like stats 2, the difficulty is apparently on another level. I didn't take either, but have heard the passing rates and stuff about it.
Personally took microecons(which is supposed to be easy compared to macroecons), but didn't do very well for it.

XiXiPee

Banned
Reaction score
it depends on the subject. Certain subjects are easier such as management science methods (my opinion).
For subjects like macroeconomics or stuff like stats 2, the difficulty is apparently on another level. I didn't take either, but have heard the passing rates and stuff about it.
Personally took microecons(which is supposed to be easy compared to macroecons), but didn't do very well for it.
I'm taking micro this year. Is the 2022 exam more difficult than 2021?

Ilovecocacola

Reaction score
I'm taking micro this year. Is the 2022 exam more difficult than 2021?
I dk. I took microecons in 2021, when they first changed to the new format of the exam. It was pretty hard then. But it could just be me. I am an average student only. So that maybe why. It's more of the understanding of the concepts that is hard imo

-Mech-

Reaction score
Hello folks, does anyone know the tutors we have for the following subjects:
IR3026 - International Political Economy
IS3167 - Management and Innovation of E-Business
IS2184 - Information Systems Management
FN1024 - Principles of Banking and Finance
Not really sure about IR3026 and IS3167, but I need two 300 subjects from Group E and Group M respectively.
As always, I've heard E-Business is relatively easy to pass, just difficult to A.

Has anyone done the subjects this year/last year and can give me recommendations on their current difficulties?
Otherwise, if you feel any other 300 modules from E/M I would really love a recommendation.

I failed both Microecons and Macroecons :(
Going to try and resit both during this Oct/Nov period, maybe a miracle happens and I still grad in three years. Really tempted to stretch it to four years though, so I'll be doing three subjects a year and I won't have any excuse to slack off.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.