Question about Malacca

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I haven’t go JB after opening, was waiting for my wife new passport and later she fall sick. When she recover will go mount Austin. Was thinking of booking train ticket to JB but return on Sunday later afternoon is hard to find.

Maybe you can call up their office. Their coach experience before covid was good.
This time round I decided not to bother about the trains since tickets are so hot. Just start off early morning and also don't have to worry about train schedule...

Ya, Luxury has been my first choice all these years, just that now sort of busy eating in JB so got delayed. Visit them also to see if their old staff are still there. 😂

Andrew833

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
This time round I decided not to bother about the trains since tickets are so hot. Just start off early morning and also don't have to worry about train schedule...

Ya, Luxury has been my first choice all these years, just that now sort of busy eating in JB so got delayed. Visit them also to see if their old staff are still there. 😂
Got to work on Sat, so no choice but go in during afternoon, usually back on Sunday around 6-7pm.

lowzeewee

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
How often do Luxury Coach and the other companies make pit stops on the way to Melaka ?

Need to go to Melaka by bus, and wife worries to a point of borderline neurosis about needing to pee during the journey...

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
How often do Luxury Coach and the other companies make pit stops on the way to Melaka ?

Need to go to Melaka by bus, and wife worries to a point of borderline neurosis about needing to pee during the journey...
For Luxury, SG>MLK only once in Yong Peng for about 20 mins for toilet and breakfast break. MLK>SG also once only, but at a big carpark for 5 maybe 10 mins depending on crowd, with only food/snack vans around.

If need to, can always tell them in advance and they'll find somewhere to make a quick stop. No worries, they'd rather make that stop (if available) than have passengers pee in their coach.

lowzeewee

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
For Luxury, SG>MLK only once in Yong Peng for about 20 mins for toilet and breakfast break. MLK>SG also once only, but at a big carpark for 5 maybe 10 mins depending on crowd, with only food/snack vans around.

If need to, can always tell them in advance and they'll find somewhere to make a quick stop. No worries, they'd rather make that stop (if available) than have passengers pee in their coach.
I see, thanks.

Are there any with a toilet onboard ? Can't seem to find any info online.

Andrew833

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I see, thanks.

Are there any with a toilet onboard ? Can't seem to find any info online.
No. After crossing the 2nd link, at the Malaysia side, will stop awhile for the guide to come up. That's pre-covid period in 2020 Jan. I don't know they still have guide from this journey.

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
No. After crossing the 2nd link, at the Malaysia side, will stop awhile for the guide to come up. That's pre-covid period in 2020 Jan. I don't know they still have guide from this journey.
It's a requirement that every coach/ tour bus has to have a Malaysian guide on board... That's why especially at the 2nd Link, you'll normally see a bunch of guides standing around the coach bay waiting for their respective ride.

Andrew833

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
It's a requirement that every coach/ tour bus has to have a Malaysian guide on board... That's why especially at the 2nd Link, you'll normally see a bunch of guides standing around the coach bay waiting for their respective ride.
Thanks for the update :)

vofzxy

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hey guys and gals,
Anyone been to aeon bandaraya recently?
I can’t find any store directory online… any “10 min quick cuts” shop there to cut hair?

gamsia gam sia

MightyPigeon

Reaction score
Hey guys and gals,
Anyone been to aeon bandaraya recently?
I can’t find any store directory online… any “10 min quick cuts” shop there to cut hair?

gamsia gam sia
Been to the mall last weekend. Walked thru level 1 and 2 and didn’t notice any quick cuts. Perhaps try searching on google maps to see if a hairdressing saloon or barber pops up in/around the mall?

luckygal

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Hi
Want to make a last min trip to malacca next week. Can I check if we book a coach from like luxury coach, does it mean we have to get down at JB customs and join the longggggggg queue to stamp passport?

Andrew833

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi
Want to make a last min trip to malacca next week. Can I check if we book a coach from like luxury coach, does it mean we have to get down at JB customs and join the longggggggg queue to stamp passport?
Thru 2nd link, usually not much queue.

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi
Coach passengers have to alight at CIQ for immigration and customs clearance. But Luxury goes via 2nd Link so it should be much much better than Woodlands side.

Take note of your coach number. You'll just need your passport at Tuas. After the immigration clearance there, I always have time to make a quick toilet visit. Look up at the digital sign for the location of your coach, otherwise the driver should be within sight somewhere near the immigration exit.

Then over at JB CIQ, just alight and grab your belongings, and join the immigration queue before heading for customs clearance. Once you get out, look out for the Luxury guide (with Luxury sign in hand) then head for the coach, load your luggage back, then board.

I've never had any hiccup over the years of visiting Melaka with Luxury, on and off-peak, so no worries. Just appear on time (normally half hour before departure) at Orchard so that the coach can leave on time to avoid the later heavy traffic. Oh, at Orchard, head for their office to collect your stickers with your passports once you get there. There's a toilet just across the aisle from their office if you need a quick visit (or morning long visit then go earlier).

Andrew833

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Coach passengers have to alight at CIQ for immigration and customs clearance. But Luxury goes via 2nd Link so it should be much much better than Woodlands side.

Take note of your coach number. You'll just need your passport at Tuas. After the immigration clearance there, I always have time to make a quick toilet visit. Look up at the digital sign for the location of your coach, otherwise the driver should be within sight somewhere near the immigration exit.

Then over at JB CIQ, just alight and grab your belongings, and join the immigration queue before heading for customs clearance. Once you get out, look out for the Luxury guide (with Luxury sign in hand) then head for the coach, load your luggage back, then board.

I've never had any hiccup over the years of visiting Melaka with Luxury, on and off-peak, so no worries. Just appear on time (normally half hour before departure) at Orchard so that the coach can leave on time to avoid the later heavy traffic. Oh, at Orchard, head for their office to collect your stickers with your passports once you get there. There's a toilet just across the aisle from their office if you need a quick visit (or morning long visit then go earlier).
Bro, you damn detail, power information for someone new. :love:
Btw after clearing JB CIQ, look for Luxury Coach. The guide may board later after you board the coach.

To add: You can ask the guide for information if you need any.

beanstalk6

Reaction score
It appears that Luxury Coach is viable for my trips to Malacca, though I prefer to disembark at Malacca Sentral rather than their end-points in the city centre.

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Bro, you damn detail, power information for someone new. :love:
Btw after clearing JB CIQ, look for Luxury Coach. The guide may board later after you board the coach.

To add: You can ask the guide for information if you need any.
I've gone there with them so often that it's become like clockwork for me, auto mode. :ROFLMAO:

Be careful not to hop on the wrong Luxury Coach, as their KL-bound one/s may be nearby. And sometimes they may even have more than one coach going to Melaka, like when a religious group organizes a retreat or the likes.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.