Question about Malacca

Andrew833

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I've gone there with them so often that it's become like clockwork for me, auto mode. :ROFLMAO:

Be careful not to hop on the wrong Luxury Coach, as their KL-bound one/s may be nearby. And sometimes they may even have more than one coach going to Melaka, like when a religious group organizes a retreat or the likes.
Usually I will take picture of the coach for the plate number.
Starting point already got few similar coach.

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Usually I will take picture of the coach for the plate number.
Starting point already got few similar coach.
IIRC pre-Covid, they changed their coaches and they'd running numbers... But since I knew their drivers I knew who to follow. 😁

Oh, now you've made me keen to make a trip there soon. 😅

Andrew833

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
IIRC pre-Covid, they changed their coaches and they'd running numbers... But since I knew their drivers I knew who to follow. 😁

Oh, now you've made me keen to make a trip there soon. 😅
I enjoy the trip there but my wife prefer Ipoh, got hot spring :LOL:
No idea where to go yet, now Taiwan must apply visa.

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I enjoy the trip there but my wife prefer Ipoh, got hot spring :LOL:
No idea where to go yet, now Taiwan must apply visa.
Oh ya, read about the visa requirement for Taiwan as well. Such a pity, as I'd choose Taiwan for hotsprings too.

Andrew833

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Oh ya, read about the visa requirement for Taiwan as well. Such a pity, as I'd choose Taiwan for hotsprings too.
Yea, stupid decision.
Pre-covid (in Jan-Feb 2020), I want to do a cross border trip. From Melaka, KL, Ipoh, Hatyai. Too bad have to cancel the end part to Hatyai due to covid number getting more there, so end at Penang.
should be a interesting cross border.

Last edited:

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Is there any bus company that does Melaka to KL? Just one way.
Definitely. I did one of such trip to run an errand in KL, overnight in KL then back to Melaka.

Back then I bought my KL>MLK ticket only when I reached there.

I can't remember the details but I bought the MLK>KL ticket from Melaka Sentral. Then on the day of travel, I headed back to Melaka Sentral for my ride. Reached TBS and I went to buy my KL>MLK ticket for the next day's travel.

luckygal

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Definitely. I did one of such trip to run an errand in KL, overnight in KL then back to Melaka.

Back then I bought my KL>MLK ticket only when I reached there.

I can't remember the details but I bought the MLK>KL ticket from Melaka Sentral. Then on the day of travel, I headed back to Melaka Sentral for my ride. Reached TBS and I went to buy my KL>MLK ticket for the next day's travel.
Melaka Sentral like their bus terminal right. I check with luxury coach. They only have point to point. So we decide to book their Sg to Melaka and KL to Sg. Then Melaka to KL buy from Melaka bus station.

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Melaka Sentral like their bus terminal right. I check with luxury coach. They only have point to point. So we decide to book their Sg to Melaka and KL to Sg. Then Melaka to KL buy from Melaka bus station.
Yup, "Melaka Sentral is the largest public transportation terminal in Malacca, Malaysia" (Wikipedia). That's where you can go to get your MLK>KUL tickets. (y)

luckygal

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yup, "Melaka Sentral is the largest public transportation terminal in Malacca, Malaysia" (Wikipedia). That's where you can go to get your MLK>KUL tickets. (y)
But we can’t book in advance right. As in have to buy from counter.

Andrew833

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Luxury Coach don't do Melaka to KL route.
As Habrosus said, take bus 17 or grab to Melaka Sentral buy ticket there or advance booking through easybook.com. I did advance booking for almost every things :LOL: but if you miss 1, you will miss all. That's why I very strict on timing.
I book Mayang Sari, the journey is about 2 hours non-stop, reach TBS.

Note that TBS is about 10Km to the south of Kuala Lumpur city centre. To get to the city centre, use one of these options:
1. KLIA Ekspres high-speed train (the non-stop airport metro line) to KL Sentral. 15 to 20 minutes interval.
2. KTMB's ETS trains. There are only 4 services a day running at fixed schedules from Bandar Tasik Selatan Railway Station (just beside TBS) to KL Sentral or Kuala Lumpur Station. These are northbound trains from Gemas to Butterworth or Padang Besar (on the Thailand-Malaysia border).
3. KTMB's older Komuter trains will also service between Bandar Tasik Selatan Railway Station and KL Sentral/Kuala Lumpur Station but at hourly interval.
4. Rapid KL's LRT networks covering Kuala Lumpur. Get to Bandar Tasik Selatan LRT Station (beside the railway station) and use the monorail to get to your destination. Changing of monorails may be required.
(The LRT station @ TBS is known as Bandar Tasik Selatan (SP15 Station).

I take LRT to Chinatown (Jalan Petaling).

luckygal

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Luxury Coach don't do Melaka to KL route.
As Habrosus said, take bus 17 or grab to Melaka Sentral buy ticket there or advance booking through easybook.com. I did advance booking for almost every things :LOL: but if you miss 1, you will miss all. That's why I very strict on timing.
I book Mayang Sari, the journey is about 2 hours non-stop, reach TBS.

Note that TBS is about 10Km to the south of Kuala Lumpur city centre. To get to the city centre, use one of these options:
1. KLIA Ekspres high-speed train (the non-stop airport metro line) to KL Sentral. 15 to 20 minutes interval.
2. KTMB's ETS trains. There are only 4 services a day running at fixed schedules from Bandar Tasik Selatan Railway Station (just beside TBS) to KL Sentral or Kuala Lumpur Station. These are northbound trains from Gemas to Butterworth or Padang Besar (on the Thailand-Malaysia border).
3. KTMB's older Komuter trains will also service between Bandar Tasik Selatan Railway Station and KL Sentral/Kuala Lumpur Station but at hourly interval.
4. Rapid KL's LRT networks covering Kuala Lumpur. Get to Bandar Tasik Selatan LRT Station (beside the railway station) and use the monorail to get to your destination. Changing of monorails may be required.
(The LRT station @ TBS is known as Bandar Tasik Selatan (SP15 Station).

I take LRT to Chinatown (Jalan Petaling).
Ya so we decided to book with luxury their Sg to Melaka and the KL to Sg only. Middle part we will get from bus terminal. Actually when I was young (that was ages ago) I rem taking train to KL. Very comfy. Now no matter how I search, can’t find the train service to KL. I don’t mind the train service from JB to KL too but don’t have also.

Andrew833

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ya so we decided to book with luxury their Sg to Melaka and the KL to Sg only. Middle part we will get from bus terminal. Actually when I was young (that was ages ago) I rem taking train to KL. Very comfy. Now no matter how I search, can’t find the train service to KL. I don’t mind the train service from JB to KL too but don’t have also.
During my planning before my trip, I also can't find Melaka train station. I read online, no more Melaka train station maybe remove from the train route.
I take train from KL to Ipoh, Ipoh to Penang (Butterworth). I take ETS, more ex but more comfortable.
Fly back from Penang.

beanstalk6

Reaction score
Unfortunately, all buses from Malacca now terminate at TBS whereas years ago you could still find the odd service that takes you to Puduraya. Some direct services from Singapore terminate at Times Square or Imbi. There is at least one that takes you to KL Sentral. Aeroliner takes you to KLCC.

The nearest train station for Malacca is at Tampin, 40km away. There is now the ETS which takes you from Tampin to KL Sentral in 2 hours. Don't know how you searched, because the ticketing link is the same as that for the Tebrau Shuttle. https://online.ktmb.com.my/

beanstalk6

Reaction score
During my planning before my trip, I also can't find Melaka train station. I read online, no more Melaka train station maybe remove from the train route.
I take train from KL to Ipoh, Ipoh to Penang (Butterworth). I take ETS, more ex but more comfortable.
Fly back from Penang.
The train station for Malacca has always been Tampin/Pulai Sebang, which is frankly inconvenient for Malacca. Nothing has changed for decades. The temporary snag is that for journeys from JB Sentral, one has to change from the old type of trains to the ETS at Gemas, until the electrification project is completed for the JB-Gemas leg.

luckygal

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately, all buses from Malacca now terminate at TBS whereas years ago you could still find the odd service that takes you to Puduraya. Some direct services from Singapore terminate at Times Square or Imbi. There is at least one that takes you to KL Sentral. Aeroliner takes you to KLCC.

The nearest train station for Malacca is at Tampin, 40km away. There is now the ETS which takes you from Tampin to KL Sentral in 2 hours. Don't know how you searched, because the ticketing link is the same as that for the Tebrau Shuttle. https://online.ktmb.com.my/
I am not looking for train to Melaka. Only train to KL. But nvm. We will book luxury coach. Seems faster too. Thanks a lot

Andrew833

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Yes, the new TBS change every things.
Yes, I found this "nearest train station for Malacca is at Tampin, 40km away.", result is take bus easier and more direct to KL.

luckygal

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Fly back from Penang.
We will just book coach though I am not a fan of coach. But day time coach should be safer. Thanks

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.