Liverpool Forum (Anfield) - Part 28

papa71

I watch the second half . In fact Salah and TAA play ok.

Salah nearly got an assist if Darwin score and he thread back inside the penalty area to get the ball back.

Salah also hit the crossbar by a deflected shot which lead to the corner that Mapit score.

Overall a well deserved win and an improvement after the loss of Napoli game.

bwaysaibi

Actually I start to worry for Nunez liao

we nv have luck with “target man” strikers

no point worrying also.
There will always be more important things to worry about in life anyway, haha.

not blind optimism but I can see he offers a different type of threat, and has a knack to ghosts into good positions in the box to shoot. He needs to use his fiery character in the right way. Can see he is suppressing himself now, not going fully hard into physical battles for 2nd balls etc. he needs to find the right approach but potential is there.

If we have once again a stable team that create plenty of chances , he will score loads. His Liverpool career has been stop start so far, also coincides with the team dip in form which does not help.

The team need to settle fundamental issues. Keeping clean sheets will be a good foundation to work on. That’s primarily the work of the defence and midfield. We need to find that balance and control in that area of the pitch again first. Hope thiago and Fabinho stays fit and hendo to come back to his old self after his injury lay-off.

also this season will be a good bedding in season for the 3 youngsters and I hope they develop to their full potential by next season.

begintoend

Actually I start to worry for Nunez liao

we nv have luck with “target man” strikers

Nunez is a euro type striker
A bit of sit back type and depends a lot on "GOOD" service.
He has not learnt to make his own space.
Confidence wise he has not shown any. Sadly. :frown:

A typical confident striker who wanna make his mark would have took many shots.
Even half chances they also try... volleys, long range, bulldozing all the way to goal....
Shots blocked or ballooned is ok de... selfish a bit
need to do all these to make the opponents worry and overthink.:s42:

He is like a young boy listening to orders, playing the build up game as told.
which is not ideal for his growth imo. ;)

bwaysaibi

Nunez is a euro type striker
A bit of sit back type and depends a lot on "GOOD" service.
He has not learnt to make his own space.
Confidence wise he has not shown any. Sadly. :frown:

A typical confident striker who wanna make his mark would have took many shots.
Even half chances they also try... volleys, long range, bulldozing all the way to goal....
Shots blocked or ballooned is ok de... selfish a bit
need to do all these to make the opponents worry and overthink.:s42:

He is like a young boy listening to orders, playing the build up game as told.
which is not ideal for his growth imo. ;)
I remember vividly when he played against us, he took a first time volley from a direct cross, luckily Alisson reacted quick enough to smother it. I’m like wow this guy is audacious and confident to volley it first time, which I didn’t expect him to. And to have the technique to keep it low and hard towards the post. The posture and timing of the shot to me proves it was no fluke. And also the first time curling chip over Alisson. That for me was the impression I had of him. Not afraid of the occasion or opponent. I love players like that.
As I mentioned I think he is suppressing himself to play according to the teams needs but he needs to find his moment where he can utilise his spark to be the game changer.

curo

https://www.empireofthekop.com/2022...ource=rsn&utm_medium=rsn&utm_campaign=gac0021
To all those that keep talking Salah not scoring.. I know he is a striker and scoring is his job but scoring is also everyone job the same as defend.. The effort he put in to create and help the team, it's like what Henderson and Firmino is doing. Now he is doing it coz he know as long as the team win, it doesn't matter if he score or not

begintoend

https://www.empireofthekop.com/2022...ource=rsn&utm_medium=rsn&utm_campaign=gac0021
To all those that keep talking Salah not scoring.. I know he is a striker and scoring is his job but scoring is also everyone job the same as defend.. The effort he put in to create and help the team, it's like what Henderson and Firmino is doing. Now he is doing it coz he know as long as the team win, it doesn't matter if he score or not
Salah has done this upteen times. Jus as much as any other. He puts in his shift when required. Runs to open defence for others. Runs back to cover when opponents counter. Runs to join attack again.

But of course, he is better remembered not dribbling past, losing balls, selfish and high salary. :s13:

bwaysaibi

Salah has done this upteen times. Jus as much as any other. He puts in his shift when required. Runs to open defence for others. Runs back to cover when opponents counter. Runs to join attack again.

But of course, he is better remembered not dribbling past, losing balls, selfish and high salary. :s13:
Cos that’s his job!
:s13:
Victim of his own high standards I mentioned before.

curo

Cos that’s his job!
:s13:
Victim of his own high standards I mentioned before.
lol some fans are so hard to please.. They themselves cannot even run 2.4 but except others to do be Messi all the time..

I feel his salary is not high enough.. He is underpay. As long as he put keep on assisting and help out with defence then its fine with me. The goals will come and I don't want him to be the top scorer for the club. Its time someone like Diaz, Jota or Nunez step up and be the top scorer. To rely on a 30+ to have high assist and be club top scorer again just show how bad the whole team is. This also mean opponents just have to mark him tightly and prevent him from scoring and we will be toothless club

melankholy

Got some weird rumour going around Arthur loan gonna get terminated just after 2 weeks. Most likely rubbish but no smoke without fire

Velton

Sudden termination. Unless all our sick bay personnel all come back. Haha

bwaysaibi

lol some fans are so hard to please.. They themselves cannot even run 2.4 but except others to do be Messi all the time..

I feel his salary is not high enough.. He is underpay. As long as he put keep on assisting and help out with defence then its fine with me. The goals will come and I don't want him to be the top scorer for the club. Its time someone like Diaz, Jota or Nunez step up and be the top scorer. To rely on a 30+ to have high assist and be club top scorer again just show how bad the whole team is. This also mean opponents just have to mark him tightly and prevent him from scoring and we will be toothless club
agreed expectations are unfair but not just from people who can’t run 2.4 but also people who can’t pass a ball straight or control/receive a long ball with 1 touch etc.
So many unqualified opinion floating around right.

But if anyone is paid that kind of top money it’s because he has proven time n again with top performances that he is worth it, because of his track record and continued ability and dedication to do so. If any fans can do that then any fan can demand that money even if they can’t run 2.4. Elite performance however creates elite expectations because these athletes are special and does what no ordinary ppl like us can do in their realm of profession all sports, which is a form of entertainment watched around the world. the best of the best thrive on that pressure and are driven to succeed. If they don’t they might as well get a 9-5 job it’s so much easier but pays less of course. It’s unfair to expect anyone to be Messi but it’s also unfair to expect people not to have any expectations. Of cos fans shd do so with clarity of mind and be realistic.

To rely on a 30+ to have high G+A shows how bad a team is<< well he’s an attacker, he’s the highest paid player in the club. The club bent over broke the wage structure to give him what he wanted, what fans wanted him to get.

Even with that, The expectation on Salah is no diff from that of Diaz Nunez Bobby. And I firmly agree the goals will come.
Not just that, we also rely on 30+ ** pairing. To help keep clean sheet. 30+ midfielders to boss the midfield. So they should all be not relied upon cos all are over 30?

Comparing him to Messi << many people did, Thou many more probably didnt. Certainly similarities aplenty but they have different weapons and strengths.

Opponents have been marking him tightly not just this season. That didn’t change. The only thing I can say there is a role adjustment because he is creating more chances than finishing them. Make no mistake 30+ or not, he puts his shift , does the tracking back or not he is still one of the crucial top performers in the team offensively. But ultimately he will be judged as effective or not based on offensive contributions.

That’s why he’s marked out every game and that’s why every touch every chance he gets now is crucial cos the team as a whole creates less and he has to shoulder that even more.
It’s also a fact that didn’t change, he does blow hot and cold. But when he is hot he was red hot. Also a fact that we created so much more clear chances and keeps clean sheets more often before we can afford misses more than now. Appreciate the tracking back and all but that’s part of the job requirement in this team. Salah is not the only one doing it. Diaz does it too. Whatever expected of Salah is not less on Diaz just because he’s newer. But Salah has Responsibility as one of the leaders in the squad. And most of them have fallen short of their usual standard, Van Dijk, Robbo, Fabinho also dropped a little. Trent Duneed to say.

It’s clearly a transition period. Also besides the glaring obvious that players are underperforming. To me there are many more wrongs and difference from how our club operates. For example our transfer strategy. The u-turns we had this summer. Edwards leaving is also a red flag for me, it’s like almost everyone at the club is feeling drained.

If I wanna be abit of a nit picker and this is personal opinion feel free to disagree because it’s fine.
additionally I can’t help but feel we have the loudest most high profile assistant manager in the league. no Asst manager in most of the PL / UCL clubs get that much press time and even publish a book in the middle of his tenure exposing some details of the dressing room. great effort to commemorate Klopp era but certainly not when it’s still going on, it kinda undermines the legacy of the tenure and I mentioned before, it’s presents a feeling we have arrived and I’m not saying it does affect the players but collectively the way we performed half heartedly aligns to that. I dun recall any more successful top coaches publish any book about their success and methods while still at the club and on their own initiative too. Maybe Klopp is preparing him for the hot seat. Maybe Klopp forgot he said before, the day the club records his dressing room talks for documentary tv then he will leave. Well, this feels close enough to it, albeit in written form. Anyway our pep gives me the slippery PR craving Brendan Rodgers vibe. just felt the need to say it out. Unpopular opinion from outside observer and I hope I’m wrong.

that said.
I still believe in the bigger picture and vision of the manager and the club that we will turn it around. It’s important to appreciate all the good that was and is still happening. But there’s always work to do and things to improve. I find it contradicting when fans expect the club to compete yet all ok with a significant drop of output/performance of players.

feel free to disagree, everyone is entitled to their opinion and most times we are wrong because we don’t know the inner workings and the personnel personally. Let’s be clear with that. It’s jus opinion. I said my piece and felt much better that’s what the forum is for .
and for the club I hope we improve, it will be great if we do. Millions around the world will be happier so let’s keep supporting and believing , I do.

melankholy

agreed expectations are unfair but not just from people who can’t run 2.4 but also people who can’t pass a ball straight or control/receive a long ball with 1 touch etc.
So many unqualified opinion floating around right.

But if anyone is paid that kind of top money it’s because he has proven time n again with top performances that he is worth it, because of his track record and continued ability and dedication to do so. If any fans can do that then any fan can demand that money even if they can’t run 2.4. Elite performance however creates elite expectations because these athletes are special and does what no ordinary ppl like us can do in their realm of profession all sports, which is a form of entertainment watched around the world. the best of the best thrive on that pressure and are driven to succeed. If they don’t they might as well get a 9-5 job it’s so much easier but pays less of course. It’s unfair to expect anyone to be Messi but it’s also unfair to expect people not to have any expectations. Of cos fans shd do so with clarity of mind and be realistic.

To rely on a 30+ to have high G+A shows how bad a team is<< well he’s an attacker, he’s the highest paid player in the club. The club bent over broke the wage structure to give him what he wanted, what fans wanted him to get.

Even with that, The expectation on Salah is no diff from that of Diaz Nunez Bobby. And I firmly agree the goals will come.
Not just that, we also rely on 30+ ** pairing. To help keep clean sheet. 30+ midfielders to boss the midfield. So they should all be not relied upon cos all are over 30?

Comparing him to Messi << many people did, Thou many more probably didnt. Certainly similarities aplenty but they have different weapons and strengths.

Opponents have been marking him tightly not just this season. That didn’t change. The only thing I can say there is a role adjustment because he is creating more chances than finishing them. Make no mistake 30+ or not, he puts his shift , does the tracking back or not he is still one of the crucial top performers in the team offensively. But ultimately he will be judged as effective or not based on offensive contributions.

That’s why he’s marked out every game and that’s why every touch every chance he gets now is crucial cos the team as a whole creates less and he has to shoulder that even more.
It’s also a fact that didn’t change, he does blow hot and cold. But when he is hot he was red hot. Also a fact that we created so much more clear chances and keeps clean sheets more often before we can afford misses more than now. Appreciate the tracking back and all but that’s part of the job requirement in this team. Salah is not the only one doing it. Diaz does it too. Whatever expected of Salah is not less on Diaz just because he’s newer. But Salah has Responsibility as one of the leaders in the squad. And most of them have fallen short of their usual standard, Van Dijk, Robbo, Fabinho also dropped a little. Trent Duneed to say.

It’s clearly a transition period. Also besides the glaring obvious that players are underperforming. To me there are many more wrongs and difference from how our club operates. For example our transfer strategy. The u-turns we had this summer. Edwards leaving is also a red flag for me, it’s like almost everyone at the club is feeling drained.

If I wanna be abit of a nit picker and this is personal opinion feel free to disagree because it’s fine.
additionally I can’t help but feel we have the loudest most high profile assistant manager in the league. no Asst manager in most of the PL / UCL clubs get that much press time and even publish a book in the middle of his tenure exposing some details of the dressing room. great effort to commemorate Klopp era but certainly not when it’s still going on, it kinda undermines the legacy of the tenure and I mentioned before, it’s presents a feeling we have arrived and I’m not saying it does affect the players but collectively the way we performed half heartedly aligns to that. I dun recall any more successful top coaches publish any book about their success and methods while still at the club and on their own initiative too. Maybe Klopp is preparing him for the hot seat. Maybe Klopp forgot he said before, the day the club records his dressing room talks for documentary tv then he will leave. Well, this feels close enough to it, albeit in written form. Anyway our pep gives me the slippery PR craving Brendan Rodgers vibe. just felt the need to say it out. Unpopular opinion from outside observer and I hope I’m wrong.

that said.
I still believe in the bigger picture and vision of the manager and the club that we will turn it around. It’s important to appreciate all the good that was and is still happening. But there’s always work to do and things to improve. I find it contradicting when fans expect the club to compete yet all ok with a significant drop of output/performance of players.

feel free to disagree, everyone is entitled to their opinion and most times we are wrong because we don’t know the inner workings and the personnel personally. Let’s be clear with that. It’s jus opinion. I said my piece and felt much better that’s what the forum is for .
and for the club I hope we improve, it will be great if we do. Millions around the world will be happier so let’s keep supporting and believing , I do.

I like pep tbh. Great to see him running the boys and handling most of the grunt work. He compliments klopp well. But I don't think he can be manager. Some men just exude that aura and pep is very mild, and to a certain extent Rodgers esque. Only diff is I always felt Rodgers had some agenda like some power hungry snake..

Henabi

Hearsay arthur is forfeiting his off days and choose to stay back for extra training to up his fitness

thats professional

silent_espy

Hearsay arthur is forfeiting his off days and choose to stay back for extra training to up his fitness

thats professional
There's a chance we might exercise our option to buy if he turns out decent because news are out we are priced out of a move for bellingham. Guess we kena played by dortmund and bellingham.

This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.