Samsung Galaxy S22 series: News and Discussions (LOCAL SET USING SNAPDRAGON)

watzup_ken

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Do you guys take all your photos with ExpertRaw?
I feel very few people will use the RAW file when using a smart phone to take pictiures. The people that uses RAW files are usually photographers which accounts for a very small percentage of users. Most average users like me will just want to have a "nicely" processed JPEG that can easily be shared or used, rather than sit down and tweak the RAW files to our liking. I do some photo editing occasionally, but generally I just take what is processed by the phone. Also, you need a lot of storage space for RAW files, which is generally lacking in high end phones since they tend to omit the SD card expansion.

Last edited:

human_shieldz

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I feel very few people will use the RAW file when using a smart phone to take pictiures. The people that uses RAW files are usually photographers which accounts for a very small percentage of users. Most average users like me will just want to have a "nicely" processed JPEG that can easily be shared or used, rather than sit down and tweak the RAW files to our liking. I do some photo editing occasionally, but generally I just take what is processed by the phone. Also, you need a lot of storage space for RAW files, which is generally lacking in high end phones since they tend to omit the SD card expansion.

I take ALL my photos with it except special cases like portrait or zooming behind 20x lol

human_shieldz

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
only when I want to make sure it's using 10x, not the stupid auto digital zoomed 10x, I will use expertRaw.
You'll have to click on the 10x then you won't kenna the digital zoom. Really can't wait for continuous periscope zoom to make its debut. Now when taking video need to pre-zoom just to get the 3x or 10x optical zoom else manually zoom in during recording, it's so pixelated.

I seem to remember I did it once before that I get the 10x optical zoom while recording or I remember wrongly?!

StationA

Reaction score
You'll have to click on the 10x then you won't kenna the digital zoom. Really can't wait for continuous periscope zoom to make its debut. Now when taking video need to pre-zoom just to get the 3x or 10x optical zoom else manually zoom in during recording, it's so pixelated.

I seem to remember I did it once before that I get the 10x optical zoom while recording or I remember wrongly?!
default Samsung camera app has a stupid logic that if it feel the light not good enough it will give you the digital zoom, although you click the 10x. you can check your photo details, not all 10x give you the 27.00mm lens.

Blueberrytea

Reaction score

Already out on the xperia 1 iv...3.5x to 5X continous optical zoom

human_shieldz

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
default Samsung camera app has a stupid logic that if it feel the light not good enough it will give you the digital zoom, although you click the 10x. you can check your photo details, not all 10x give you the 27.00mm lens.
So far clicking directly all gives me 3x or 10x optical, even when I take at night Marina area. I thought sometimes it's not cos its quite bad but I check the details and it was lol. The periscope is pretty bad at night, maybe cos the aperture is so damm small.

human_shieldz

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Already out on the xperia 1 iv...3.5x to 5X continous optical zoom
Yeah I know but the zoom distance is too short and any digital zoom nowadays in that short distance is comparable I think. I like more for portrait shot at any distance that's all 😁 but I wonder if it zoom well in video

kelvinti

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Megapixel gurus,

For S22. What is the Megapixel between 1:1, 9:16, Full Screen when taking photos?

If I don't zoom. What is the best one to use (Does not include the 1:1)?

human_shieldz

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Megapixel gurus,

For S22. What is the Megapixel between 1:1, 9:16, Full Screen when taking photos?

If I don't zoom. What is the best one to use (Does not include the 1:1)?

I'm not sure what are the megapixel but if i'm not wrong i tested last time on my other phones before, the default 4:3 or 3:4 gives the optimal megapixel so if you wanna "zoom" just take it at the default one then crop to 1:1 which may either end up being the same if you had taken it at 1:1 but at least you have the option of choosing where you wanna crop.

Not sure of the 9:16 one though but i think it's the same cos all they do is actually just crop before you take also so it just save you the post production haha.

BUT..i could be wrong

kelvinti

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure what are the megapixel but if i'm not wrong i tested last time on my other phones before, the default 4:3 or 3:4 gives the optimal megapixel so if you wanna "zoom" just take it at the default one then crop to 1:1 which may either end up being the same if you had taken it at 1:1 but at least you have the option of choosing where you wanna crop.

Not sure of the 9:16 one though but i think it's the same cos all they do is actually just crop before you take also so it just save you the post production haha.

BUT..i could be wrong
Okay Okay! (Correction: I mean 4:3 when I said 1:1)

Okay. Same spot, in term of file size only:

4:3 produces a image file size of 2.56MB.
9:16 produces a image file size of 1.86MB.
FULL SCREEN produces a image file size of 1.31MB.

human_shieldz

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Okay Okay! (Correction: I mean 4:3 when I said 1:1)

Okay. Same spot, in term of file size only:

4:3 produces a image file size of 2.56MB.
9:16 produces a image file size of 1.86MB.
FULL SCREEN produces a image file size of 1.31MB.

Ya hahaha. Just like burst shot also all spit out lower quality photos so i seldom use it.

That's why just shoot it at 4:3 and then crop it later on to your liking. You go compare the 16:9 resolution vs the 4:3 resolution based on what i noticed last time, even though 16:9 is longer it actually captures about the same amount of details horizontally but just that they cut out the top and bottom to make it looks long, which means still cheat us lol.

We've been living in an aspect ratio lie :p

Blueberrytea

Reaction score
Yeah I know but the zoom distance is too short and any digital zoom nowadays in that short distance is comparable I think. I like more for portrait shot at any distance that's all 😁 but I wonder if it zoom well in video
Digital vs optical zoom
If like zooming the s22u is probably the best option currently with class leading 10X optical zoom ba though not continuous zoom but u can try pinching in and out gradually to simulate continuous feel🤣

human_shieldz

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Digital vs optical zoom
If like zooming the s22u is probably the best option currently with class leading 10X optical zoom ba though not continuous zoom but u can try pinching in and out gradually to simulate continuous feel🤣
I don't have Pixel but I think their digital zoom is the best in the business so far? I really wish Samsung and Google would collab to make a Galaxy Pixel Ultra, the Ultra of Samsung hardware, stock android then both work together in the software part.

I want the continuous zoom cos currently all the zooms are pretty much step zoom and its annoying when you wanna zoom in video, everything just jump in so quickly.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.