China Tablets to recommend

Remless

Master Member
Reaction score
I'm confused now. So if I need a Lenovo tablet that supports Google Play AND future firmware updates, my only option is to buy global models?

No reason to be confused.

There had been no discussion on the support of google play so I am not sure where does this confusion came from. Only Huawei tablets have the issue of not supporting google play. For china versions, it’s just a matter of installing google play app yourself.

And as for future firmware updates, as long as it’s the original, authentic and real manufacturer rom, there is no issue on updates. Just note their EOL dates and avoid fake roms.

Remless

Master Member
Reaction score
for around $150 which tablet can fit my budget?

saw qoo10 a7 lite at $175 but i went to view at challenger screen is bluish tinted.

the huawei tablet 2gb version very lag n picture not sharp

p11 no more at $180 went up to $280...

pls recommend me , thks

iPad 6th gen. This beats any tablets in the $100-$200 price range, even the latest xiaoxin pad 2022, if you are open to iPadOS.

https://qoo.tn/BRW8BY/Q108560280

https://qoo.tn/BiV8BY/Q108560280
For some reasons, this shop has 2 listings. More than 100 sets had been sold. It’s 95% brand new and comes with 3 months warranty.

If you want to be safe, I will advise to go down to their shop at Sim Lim Square and pick a set for yourself. To be even more safe, bring a laptop with IMazing program installed. This program is able to check the battery health and charge cycles the iPad had gone through.

blue00

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
iPad 6th gen. This beats any tablets in the $100-$200 price range, even the latest xiaoxin pad 2022, if you are open to iPadOS.

https://qoo.tn/BRW8BY/Q108560280

https://qoo.tn/BiV8BY/Q108560280
For some reasons, this shop has 2 listings. More than 100 sets had been sold. It’s 95% brand new and comes with 3 months warranty.

If you want to be safe, I will advise to go down to their shop at Sim Lim Square and pick a set for yourself. To be even more safe, bring a laptop with IMazing program installed. This program is able to check the battery health and charge cycles the iPad had gone through.
thanks

l have never own apple products

how do i know if the screen/ battery etc have been replace?

Remless

Master Member
Reaction score
thanks

l have never own apple products

how do i know if the screen/ battery etc have been replace?

Looks like the offer is over (for now).

They are lightly used demo sets, not refurbished. So the screen and battery had not been replaced.

If you are keen, it’s better to go down to the shop and view the sets yourself and ask the staff there any questions u might have.

justln

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
How bad is China ROM on tablets? Never used one before.

Still considering whether should get cheaper Tab Pro 2021 or Tab Pro 2022, 90hz screen vs 120hz, price difference can get keyboard tho. On that note, is the Lenovo keyboard good?

bbcccc

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Still considering whether should get cheaper Tab Pro 2021 or Tab Pro 2022, 90hz screen vs 120hz, price difference can get keyboard tho. On that note, is the Lenovo keyboard good?
using xiaoxin pad pro 2021 on original china rom, so far everything oki.
can install the gms on the lenovo store and everything wrks.

Remless

Master Member
Reaction score

I think there is a lot of misunderstanding that the china rom is bad. From my experience of using it as a main driver, I think the china zui rom is far superior than the global rom.

Pros:
1. Fantastic battery life. The cn rom is optimised for the battery life
2. Much more features
3. Way better productivity mode than the global rom

Cons:
These are the reasons why people don’t like the cn rom.

1. Defaulted to Chinese. Just change in the settings to English
2. Quite a bit of bloatware. Just uninstall them. Zui can be fully debloated.
3. You have to diy to install play store, change the keyboard, search engines, browser, etc. You also have to manually set the default apps
4. Battery life is over optimised that lots of background processes are killed upon exiting. There is a security app in the rom which u can tinker the settings. For my time in using the zui, I still cannot get the notifications to work.

So essentially, the cn rom needs more manual work to prepare, change the defaults and install the necessary stuff, unlike global roms which is already prepared for use out of the box.

But once you get through these, the rom is nice to use and I really find it to be superior.

justln

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I think there is a lot of misunderstanding that the china rom is bad. From my experience of using it as a main driver, I think the china zui rom is far superior than the global rom.

Pros:
2. Much more features

Cons:

3. You have to diy to install play store, change the keyboard, search engines, browser, etc. You also have to manually set the default apps
4. Battery life is over optimised that lots of background processes are killed upon exiting. There is a security app in the rom which u can tinker the settings. For my time in using the zui, I still cannot get the notifications to work.

So essentially, the cn rom needs more manual work to prepare, change the defaults and install the necessary stuff, unlike global roms which is already prepared for use out of the box.

But once you get through these, the rom is nice to use and I really find it to be superior.
Thanks for the feedback! Now to consider Mediatek vs Snapdragon 870, whether the savings is worth it. :s13: Probably gonna get Pro 2022 due to the better screen.

divinepotato

Reaction score
The Pad Pro 2021 which i bought a couple of months ago was on China Rom (ZUI) but didn't require DIY installation of Google Play. It was available in the tablet's inbuilt app store. Super simple to install.

chenaz

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
No one considering Huawei MatePad pro snapdragon 870 at $498 only ?
Google App Store is no big deal and apkpure and app gallery provides most of the apps

Nuclear Boy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
No one considering Huawei MatePad pro snapdragon 870 at $498 only ?
Google App Store is no big deal and apkpure and app gallery provides most of the apps
There are some apps with functions that require Google Play services to fully work properly.

limyeewee

Reaction score

Pros:
2. Much more features

Cons:

May I know if the CN rom have Widevine 1, meaning allowing apps like Netflix to be watched in HD resolution.

firebrand83

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Do note the differences between the different models. The difference between the mediatek version and sd870 is not only the processor. It also lacks a fingerprint scanner among other things.

IMHO, this year's upgrade is not that big from the 2021 version. From what I gathered, although the 2022 OLED is better than 2021's OLED, it seems that it still adopt pentile arrangements and text will still look a bit fuzzier than lcd panels. This is certainly not the same as the much superior 120hz AMOLED panel found in the Lenovo p12 pro/12.6 which do not have pentile arrangements with text looking as sharp as the lcd panels.

The price of the 2021 pad pro had dropped to around $400 these days. Do consider if it's worth the price for the upgrade.

Hi which reputable seller for 2021 pad pro with global rom?

meatballs

Reaction score
The Pad Pro 2021 which i bought a couple of months ago was on China Rom (ZUI) but didn't require DIY installation of Google Play. It was available in the tablet's inbuilt app store. Super simple to install.
Which seller did you buy the china ROM from?

cosycatus

Reaction score
Wah dilemma

Xiaoxin pad pro 2021 with Snapdragon 870 361 on shoppe Vs xiaoxin pad pro 2022 with mediatek 1300t is 411.
The 2022 version with Snapdragon 870 is 530, so 170 difference.

Which one will u all go for?
Use mainly for reading.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.