ChiangMai

ApeTruelove

Master Member
Reaction score
Sorry not quite sure if I got you.
Means even when at Changi Airport we inform check in luggage through CNX, we still need to clear custom leave arrival hall then take escalator up to departure hall and check in again at Thai Smile Airways counter?
Bascially You should receive your boarding pass of BKK and CNX together at the same time and your luggage should tag directly to CNX. When you arrive in BKK, just follow the signboard that say transit to the dosmetic CNX,CEI,HKT,USM etc. You need to walk quite a distance since the transit is at the other end. You will go thru immigration there but also need to go thru customs for your luggage in chiang mai

Andrew833

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ah ya you go thailand more often than me sia. I planning to go on roadtrip likely next year also.

Yeah been to khao yai national park before too,. Got those antelope, deer, elephant, cobra in open area one sia. A bit dangerous.

Its like a blog site + pictures can go and see. No need to read anything as all is in thai language.
those random private small zoo lo. recently went one around khao yai there, got one like got endanger species or something one..
got bird, tiger/lion, this and that..

Ah ya you go thailand more often than me sia. I planning to go on roadtrip likely next year also.

Yeah been to khao yai national park before too,. Got those antelope, deer, elephant, cobra in open area one sia. A bit dangerous.

Its like a blog site + pictures can go and see. No need to read anything as all is in thai language.
I went Khao Yai saw lots of monkeys and few deer. Know got elephant one but where got tiger and lion one :LOL:
If got strong legs, Khao Yai is the best, too bad wife legs not good.

Andrew833

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
May plan to Chiangmai maybe early next year.
How the weather there on Jan and Feb? I think Jan still cool season.
Any 5 days itinerary to share?
I know Sunday market is a must. :giggle:

AuraKUPO

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
May plan to Chiangmai maybe early next year.
How the weather there on Jan and Feb? I think Jan still cool season.
Any 5 days itinerary to share?
I know Sunday market is a must. :giggle:
First time to CM?

Jan this year was turning from cool to warm. If first time go, must see things are doi suthep, golden triangle 1 day tour, walk old city, hunt for Michelin star restaurants, 3 kings monument, wat prha Singh, university night market, cabaret show at anusarn market, doi inthanon hike...

For night life, loy kroh Rd, syt hj massage, piak piak massage, warm up, sound up, Zoe yellow...

These are the basic places where tourist go to. Chiang Mai is big and many things to do. It's not just a small city around the old city.

linda22123

Banned
Reaction score
Posting Comment with Inappropriate Language / Insulted Other(s)
First time to CM?

Jan this year was turning from cool to warm. If first time go, must see things are doi suthep, golden triangle 1 day tour, walk old city, hunt for Michelin star restaurants, 3 kings monument, wat prha Singh, university night market, cabaret show at anusarn market, doi inthanon hike...

For night life, loy kroh Rd, syt hj massage, piak piak massage, warm up, sound up, Zoe yellow...

These are the basic places where tourist go to. Chiang Mai is big and many things to do. It's not just a small city around the old city.
only poor people like you go CM
so sad

When you rich liao den talk to me

Andrew833

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
First time to CM?

Thanks for the reply.
Yes, first time, planning to go. Now just browsing stage, haven't start planning yet. Been Thailand many times.

Andrew833

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
SIN to CNX
2 main flights
Scoot direct to CNX. (320)
Thai Smile 1 stop at BKK. (320)
I thought to CNX got Thai airway, just find out is Thai Smile also budget airplane but with premium 20kg luggage.
Wonder which one should I book. Scoot price is rising alot.

ApeTruelove

Master Member
Reaction score
SIN to CNX
2 main flights
I thought to CNX got Thai airway, just find out is Thai Smile also budget airplane but with premium 20kg luggage.

Take scoot ba since the timing better and no need to transit in BKK. Now TG use WE for dosmetic flights...

rrr2015

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
SIN to CNX
2 main flights
why so difficult to make this choice?
how long is the stopover?
how much saving compared to scoot?

roborovsky

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
SIN to CNX
2 main flights
We booked Thai Airways, transit in BKK to CNX on Thai Smile, extended in BKK staying a few nights before back to Sg on Thai Airways.

rrr2015

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
We booked Thai Airways, transit in BKK to CNX on Thai Smile, extended in BKK staying a few nights before back to Sg on Thai Airways.
was that a single flight booking or 2 separate bookings (i.e thai airways & smile). wonder if possible extend the stopover, but can't seems to find a way to do from online booking

Andrew833

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Take scoot ba since the timing better and no need to transit in BKK. Now TG use WE for dosmetic flights...
Yea, scoot more direct.
why so difficult to make this choice?
how long is the stopover?
how much saving compared to scoot?

Stop over is 1hr 30 min minimum
Problem is my wife got air sickness, she is better with bigger plane like Thai air or SIA. Actually I wanted to book Thai Air since direct to CNX but now they use Thai Smile which is same as Scoot 320 flight.
Roborovsky, not going stay in BKK. This time main target is Chiang Mai and Chiang Rai.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.