PRISM+ TV Discussion Thread

petetherock

Reaction score
Their "other brands" comparison are the Korean and Japanese brands, which in terms of price Prism+ definitely wins them. :o Previously they did send review sets to online reviewers like this YouTuber:

Bro
Even that is not the case..
Eg their 86” is 2990
But a LG with the same size and IPS panel is cheaper.
they are comparing their sale prices to SRP from other brands
It’s a bit like those ABC stores - always 50%

amazingone

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Bro
Even that is not the case..
Eg their 86” is 2990
But a LG with the same size and IPS panel is cheaper.
they are comparing their sale prices to SRP from other brands
It’s a bit like those ABC stores - always 50%
Yes by comparing to the SRP of their rivals so that can show their price is indeed heavily lower. Their SRP is also a "fake" as they never sold at that price, it's just to make their "sale price" look nice. :o

Zetrio2006

Master Member
Reaction score
Their "other brands" comparison are the Korean and Japanese brands, which in terms of price Prism+ definitely wins them. :o Previously they did send review sets to online reviewers like this YouTuber:

This is Chio bu's review

Prism's TV always dim.

M_16

Master Member
Reaction score
If the price is right for you and you’re not so anal about brightness, colour and sound, PRISM+ TVs are okay.

If you’re willing to pay premium for more reputable brands, go for it.

If you want to watch HDR contents, at least go for the OLED series. The Q or Q PRO series really cannot make it. I have one but it’s only for Viu contents which have no HDR stuff (correct me if I’m wrong). I don’t want to pay premium price just to watch K-Dramas. You do you, me do me.

Oh, the chio bu’s video did help in my purchase decision.
Prism actually worse value than TCL and Hisense, not really that cheap. Those brands got even better specs and with global reviews.

Really hope our local brand can step up.

amazingone

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Prism actually worse value than TCL and Hisense, not really that cheap. Those brands got even better specs and with global reviews.

Really hope our local brand can step up.
Maybe if they get their OEM TV from TCL then probably could get similar quality, now they are getting from Skyworth.

Zetrio2006

Master Member
Reaction score
Yeah if I were to choose small TV for bedroom/table TV, I would take this Google TV from Hisense.

Has Dolby Vision, Atmos, HDR10. Also has MEMC, VRR and Auto low latency mode. Somemore, it's a VA panel.

https://hisense.sg/product/e7h-43-4k-uhd-google-tv/

amazingone

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Technically speaking, I would agree with you. And I have no loyalty to local or overseas brands.

So far, only PRISM+ collaborate with meWATCH and Viu in the budget range market. Since I’m the target audience, it works out fine for me. I have two key criteria i.e. cost and Viu compatible. If any so-called market experts here can find me a 55" that meets my requirements at under $680 and is better quality than what I have, feel free put up the brand and model in this thread. I’m sure it will benefit others looking for something better. And please don’t suggest to me to buy a TV and a separate Apple TV 4K.

Again, you buy what suits you. BTW, I’m only interested in the final price. Not SRP with ‘big’ discount. Only so-called market experts think this way.
TCL now collaborates with meWATCH and Viu as well.

samuelk

Reaction score
Technically speaking, I would agree with you. And I have no loyalty to local or overseas brands.

So far, only PRISM+ collaborate with meWATCH and Viu in the budget range market. Since I’m the target audience, it works out fine for me. I have two key criteria i.e. cost and Viu compatible. If any so-called market experts here can find me a 55" that meets my requirements at under $680 and is better quality than what I have, feel free put up the brand and model in this thread. I’m sure it will benefit others looking for something better. And please don’t suggest to me to buy a TV and a separate Apple TV 4K.

Again, you buy what suits you. BTW, I’m only interested in the final price. Not SRP with ‘big’ discount. Only so-called market experts think this way.
I suppose the market watch dog needs to come in and look at the claims . Just like certain shop all year round fire sale and closing down but never closed

Last edited:

petetherock

Reaction score
In a sense they are not wrong
But the comparison is to SRP which isn’t clear
Eg one can say I’m the tallest .. but in a Pygmy tribe…

samuelk

Reaction score
In a sense they are not wrong
But the comparison is to SRP which isn’t clear
Eg one can say I’m the tallest .. but in a Pygmy tribe…
letting them speak to you via the belly button like a Mic needs some getting used to I guess...

M_16

Master Member
Reaction score

Comparing TCL discounted price is cheaper than Prism+ ones, both Google TV so I assume OS and app availability is the same.

This is why I say Prism+ is not always having the cheapest prices or providing best value.

M_16

Master Member
Reaction score
Too many things to filter. Sometimes I do miss out a good deal.
Just enjoy whatever you got, it's the best at that time.

Now, it's just got more competitive with the presence of these 2 budget global brands.

I'm still rooting for Prism+ to reach that level.

M_16

Master Member
Reaction score
@M_16 That’s what I have been saying all along. Buy what’s comfortable.

In future, I will go for UST projector for own use. If PRISM+ comes up with one, I will look into it.
Good that you have brand loyalty and consider Prism+ !

lulu92

Reaction score
I've just bought a 65AL. I noticed screen tearing when watching movies on Netflix and Disney. Very specific genre like anime and namely spirited away. Not sure if anyone has the same issues. All advanced settings are set to medium.

samuelk

Reaction score
I've just bought a 65AL. I noticed screen tearing when watching movies on Netflix and Disney. Very specific genre like anime and namely spirited away. Not sure if anyone has the same issues. All advanced settings are set to medium.
I just received mine last weekend..
if u still experiencing it n have a video or picture, u can have a one to one replacement

samuelk

Reaction score
Ok my turn to have problems.. the tv turn on but have Safe mode displayed at the bottom left. Did a reset but will monitor my 65AL. Turn on for the 3rd time thru out the ownership.. let’s see if it’s a one time situation

zeroflame

Master Member
Reaction score
fNNFmrB.jpg

Read HWZ Forum Rules!

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.