Google Pixel 7 series

What upgrade would you most like to see on the Pixel 7 series?

• Total voters

beano

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I found a bug on my phone, maybe only isolated to me.

When i set the phone to silent, usually an icon will appear on the top right, in this case, didn't appear, but when i tested, the phone was indeed in silent. Happened a few times now.. but once i restart the phone, the silent icon will appear.

cqdpii9.png

KeYoKe

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I found a bug on my phone, maybe only isolated to me.

When i set the phone to silent, usually an icon will appear on the top right, in this case, didn't appear, but when i tested, the phone was indeed in silent. Happened a few times now.. but once i restart the phone, the silent icon will appear.

cqdpii9.png
Go to Settings > Sound > Always show icon in vibrate mode

Toggle it on

jeremysv

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I have been reading up on the recent posts and wanted to clarify which platform has the best deal for Pixel7?
E.g. Amazon.sg is selling Pixel 7 (128GB) at $919, Google SG online store is $999 but comes with free series A buds, Shopee has $15 voucher, etc

On another note, the $250 voucher is not valid for purchases after 16 Oct 2022?

Thanks!

crow_nest

Reaction score
Been using the spigen align master tempered glass on my P7 over the past few days and its been great so far. The olephobic coating feels nice, as good as the original screen. FP sensor still works as well, just re-enroll them for best effectiveness. The included screen alignment tool works fine for the most part, but mine seems to shift the tempered glass a bit more to the right. Not really that big of a deal fortunately. Works perfectly fine with my ringke fusion case, the edges are completely lift free

Speaking of FP, its been wildly inconsistent for me. even when I had my ringke film protector on, there will be instances where all my registered fingerprints will just never work. But If i were to go into settings and delete the FP, then redo them on the spot, it somehow enrolls the new FP just fine! I'm suspecting its a software issue for now, because if its really a case of the protectors interfering with the scanner, it technically shouldnt allow me to enroll my prints reliably in the first place.

FatalethaL

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I have been reading up on the recent posts and wanted to clarify which platform has the best deal for Pixel7?
E.g. Amazon.sg is selling Pixel 7 (128GB) at $919, Google SG online store is $999 but comes with free series A buds, Shopee has $15 voucher, etc

Thanks!
It is difficult to point a finger to a preferred platform that gives the best deal/value. My advise is to monitor respective platforms regularly for their in-house promotion or vouchers.

As for the S$250 google voucher - it was an introductory aka pre-order pre launch promotion if one places an order by 16 Oct 2022.

Last edited:

Synchron

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

Thanks!
I guess so, that was the perk for early adopters

anthonygreenisreal

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I guess so, that was the perk for early adopters
The early adopters for pixel 6a kind of kenna screwed when they only got a free fitbit watch while they paid like full price of $750 or something. On 11.11 the price dropped to $399 while some bros there got it for around $350.

Synchron

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
if you can and willing to wait for 7a to enjoy the price reduction of 7 and 7p? That make sense I guess.

KeYoKe

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks if you never shared this I would have known. I wonder which software engineer thought this warranted an on/off toggle ? 😒 Maybe they will make an on/off toggle for network icon in Android 14 🤪
:s13: i also dont get it why need a toggle for this thing.... Is not that they allow us to tweak all the icons at the status bar to hide or show... It is just that 1 pathetic icon :s22:

Well, who knows what google is thinking :s13:

KeYoKe

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The early adopters for pixel 6a kind of kenna screwed when they only got a free fitbit watch while they paid like full price of $750 or something. On 11.11 the price dropped to $399 while some bros there got it for around $350.
No choice la bruh... Technology stuffs depreciate over time.... Now tensor 2 is out... And they are clearing stocks for p7a?

anthonygreenisreal

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
No choice la bruh... Technology stuffs depreciate over time.... Now tensor 2 is out... And they are clearing stocks for p7a?
yeah man, but to be able to get it for more than 50% discount in a quarter or 2 is pretty crazy haha. Lesson learnt from the past few pixel release is I will wait for at least a quarter and never to pay full price even if got google credit or freebies or you know.

Synchron

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
yeah man, but to be able to get it for more than 50% discount in a quarter or 2 is pretty crazy haha. Lesson learnt from the past few pixel release is I will wait for at least a quarter and never to pay full price even if got google credit or freebies or you know.
one man's meat is another man's poison

smallboi09

Reaction score
Hi all,

Thanks!
Btw, just to let you know the $919 set you are referring to is by Expansys and not the official Amazon SG store. Expansys is Japanese set which means no local warranty (and camera has fixed shutter sound that cannot be muted according to bros here).

Also Shopee (and all authorized retailers - Courts, Challenger) have the same promo of free pixel buds A-series (or nest hub/ $80 Google store voucher). Can head to Shopee Google store and check the poster.

Best bet is to wait for Black Friday or 12.12 Shopee vouchers

KeYoKe

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Actually all android same same... Just Samsung don't drop as much

xonix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyways, I submitted a feedback form on this stupid toggle. See what Google will do in future updates. It really doesn't make sense, what if the user didn't realise phone set to vibration mode and missed notifications ?

ThinkMe

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyways, I submitted a feedback form on this stupid toggle. See what Google will do in future updates. It really doesn't make sense, what if the user didn't realise phone set to vibration mode and missed notifications ?

One of the updates back then remove the icon suddenly and didnt include the toggle. I think it was A13 that added in the toggle.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.