Financially - How bad it is to justify increase of 2% GST but yet can declare 1.1x bonus

Linguist

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Wah
1.1+13th mth+dec salary

Total bank in 3.1mth
CS can hav 大肥年 next cny
If year end can declare 1.1x, imagine next year march the rates for "performance bonus"...

And that bonus scale according to positions/ranks/titles and grading

Hafi

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
GST revenue = goes where?
CS bonus = from where?

If depends on statutory board/organisation/company profitability then all staff under HDB should not get any bonus, right?
I dunno why are you even starting such a thread, since when CS doesn't collect bonus? Even at the worst scenario also got 13th month.

Go Fly Kite

Master Member
Reaction score
maybe civil servants made up a fraction mah, thus up gst and then rise their pay/bonus helps for election mah.. :mad:

Linguist

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I dunno why are you even starting such a thread, since when CS doesn't collect bonus? Even at the worst scenario also got 13th month.
13th month is not bonus.
Its kind of contract obligation.

In CS there is a component within salary called "variable". If country really really really in great distress or financially unstable, they can alter this variable component number.

But not on the 13th month if I'm not mistaken.
Usually those jelly of civil servants are those who CMI in both sectors.
Yeah, I'm very jelly since I'm not in CS and I have to take the brute hit from GST increases...

Have not touched on other topics like rising HDB prices and rising basic cost of living in this thread... so stressed in life...

Guojing88

Master Member
Reaction score
13th month is not bonus.

In CS there is a component within salary called "variable". If country really really really in great distress or financially unstable, they can alter this variable component number.

Yeah, I'm very jelly since I'm not in CS and I have to take the brute hit from GST increases...

Have not touched on other topics like rising HDB prices and rising basic cost of living in this thread... so stressed in life...

AVC is the June and Dec bonus
NPVP is the 13th month

NPVP, being variable, can also be cut, but of course only at the very last resort, due to the signal it will send that Singapore economy is really in trouble.

kyokoto

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
All our blardy tax payers $ where most civil servants just slack, take two breaks a day and do the minimum
I pay tax too but people like you who say such things usually pay the least tax or worse, take handouts more than they pay tax. Blow trumpet 📯 as though you earn a lot pay a lot of tax but actually cui.

Hafi

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
13th month is not bonus.

you are so disillusioned... you are implying Singapore in great distress or financially unstable? We are not even smelling recession yet.

How old are you or how many adult working years do you have?

Linguist

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
AVC is the June and Dec bonus
NPVP is the 13th month

NPVP, being variable, can also be cut, but of course only at the very last resort, due to the signal it will send that Singapore economy is really in trouble.
June is mid year, dec is year end, mar is performance.

Sep is when they need to do adjustment if needed to align with market rates or so...

But the salary itself, also have fixed and variable component... if u have friend in CS can check with them. But most probably not bothered since like u mentioned the variable is unlikely to be touched, cuz they will touch the jun, dec, mar bonuses first.

Linguist

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
you are so disillusioned... you are implying Singapore in great distress or financially unstable?

How old are you or how many adult working years do you have?
Er.. u either misunderstood or u took the understanding to a greater level.

If really in distress or unstable financially won't even declare 1.1x bonus. Duh.

Talking about why the need to increase GST if can declare 1.1x bonus. Since can declare 1.1x then might as well don't declare and don't raise GST. Remains status quo, right... like that also dont have to come up with GST vouchers for relief and etc...

Creating unnecessary workload due to the increase in GST... its the lower spectrum of white collar workers and the blue collars suffer with the additional workload..

Linguist

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

veryhonestguy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
GST revenue = goes where?
CS bonus = from where?

If depends on statutory board/organisation/company profitability then all staff under HDB should not get any bonus, right?
Cs are also just salaried worker leh
If your wife or friends work in hdb also need bonus ma

CantStopWhining

Reaction score
I think civil servants should be all volunteers from here. Then no more jlb le, since all free labour. Non civil servants citizens will benefit. Do your part, volunteer yourself for nation building.

Sarcastic remarks aside, I think if the govt sector don't pay more when more people leave service (Google about what cotton mentioned awhile back), how to retain staff? No one left for us all to kpkb lei.

Johnpierpontmorgan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Need to pay civil servants well mah so of course the private sector have to pay their salary loh if not who else pay....

Now need to increase pay for civil servants so of course tax everyone to pay them loh....
If not who maintain their votes
maintain 60% need to make feminist, public servant and new citizen happy

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.