Singtel 1 Gbps Fibre

starbugs

Master Member
Reaction score
I also just managed to recontract 1Gbps at $34.90 with a pair of Askey WiFi Mesh. Whew...I thought I might have missed the 28 Nov deadline, but the signup page still works.

darkmage06

Reaction score
I also just managed to recontract 1Gbps at $34.90 with a pair of Askey WiFi Mesh. Whew...I thought I might have missed the 28 Nov deadline, but the signup page still works.
Can I check is there any difference between the Wi-Fi 5 and Wi-Fi 6 broadband plan? Is it just that the router they gave is different generation of Wi-Fi.

So if I were to get $34.90 one I can buy a Wi-Fi 6 router and it would still work?

kashix

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Can I check is there any difference between the Wi-Fi 5 and Wi-Fi 6 broadband plan? Is it just that the router they gave is different generation of Wi-Fi.

So if I were to get $34.90 one I can buy a Wi-Fi 6 router and it would still work?

Wifi 5 and 6 no link to the plan that you’re subscribing, all is 1gbps, the router hardware you’re using control whether is wifi 5 or 6. Yes just get a wifi 6 router, can work already. There is no such thing as wifi 5 and 6 broadband plan. If the person tell you that, just ask him fk off.

TanKianW

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Okay I just signed up with Singtel on the 1Gbps Fiber Plan, and the installation was done yesterday.
Everything fine so far. Bundled with a rubbish Askey WiFi Mesh, a rubbish IPTV Set top box (not even 4K, anyway for free), ONR is Nokia.

Self set-up with 2.5Gbps GPON stick (replace the Nokia G-240-G ONR as no one wants TR-069) and speed test no issue.
The result suggests that Singtel 1Gbps plan comes with bandwidth redundancy at about 1100Mbps (Download)/1010Mbps (Upload).

The following speed test result are taken from PC (2.5Gbps port), first one directly DHCP from NLT to PC, second one from a router with SFP+ port, and 2.5Gbps LAN to PC.

370s2pn.jpg

KKa4PFJ.jpg

The reasonable hypothesis is that 2Gbps plan will hit >2100Mbps (Download) and >2010Mbps (Upload).

Router a MikroTik? RB5009?

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Okay I just signed up with Singtel on the 1Gbps Fiber Plan, and the installation was done yesterday.
Everything fine so far. Bundled with a rubbish Askey WiFi Mesh, a rubbish IPTV Set top box (not even 4K, anyway for free), ONR is Nokia.

Self set-up with 2.5Gbps GPON stick (replace the Nokia G-240-G ONR as no one wants TR-069) and speed test no issue.
The result suggests that Singtel 1Gbps plan comes with bandwidth redundancy at about 1100Mbps (Download)/1010Mbps (Upload).

The following speed test result are taken from PC (2.5Gbps port), first one directly DHCP from NLT to PC, second one from a router with SFP+ port, and 2.5Gbps LAN to PC.

The reasonable hypothesis is that 2Gbps plan will hit >2100Mbps (Download) and >2010Mbps (Upload).

It is awesome that you can use 2.5Gbps GPON stick to replace the Singtel Nokia G-240-G ONR.

Did you test with Singtel TV ON? I tend to think Singtel reserves about 100Mbps for that. So probably 1100Mbps for Internet and 100Mbps for Singtel TV. Turning on Singtel TV does not affect SpeedTest based on my previous testing.

Last edited:

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Never test that, I throw away the TV box right when I see it is only HD.
Anyhow it won't affect your internet speed as it is tagged with different VLAN for multiplexing.

Maybe I will try to pull those IPTV m3u8 multicast addresses from Singtel so it can be streamed in any IPTV software in the future, when I am too bored with other entertainments.

Haha, you can not throw the Singtel TV box away as it belongs to Singtel (just the rent is free for the HD box). Better keep it because you need to return the box once contract expires.

As for IPTV m3u8 thingy, I do not think it will work as the contents are probanly encrypted.

therat

Master Member
Reaction score
good for you.
I miss the deal. The page no longer there.

Today rx Singtel letter, recontract offer 1 GBPS Enhanced plan + Wifi6 @ $42.90
thinking.. should I take up this offer or not

eddief4

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi bros, if just sign up for Singtel fibre but want to cancel or change plan before installation, anyone knows if it's allowed?

Ody_2004

Reaction score
Need some help.. i trying to connect my TP link Ax5400 to the Singtel ONT.. but i get "No internet connection" error? i thot is plug n play.. anything i missed out?

If i connect to the Singtel Ac9000 modem then the Tp-router work.. mmmm...

lilycll

Reaction score
Need some help.. i trying to connect my TP link Ax5400 to the Singtel ONT.. but i get "No internet connection" error? i thot is plug n play.. anything i missed out?

If i connect to the Singtel Ac9000 modem then the Tp-router work.. mmmm...

Check this video. You need to choose SingTel as your ISP Profile.

Haman

Reaction score
good for you.

I had just re-contract Fibre n TV via their WA chat and choose the cheaper one. Going to get myself a new router to replace my RT-AC68U.
Here's the list of recontract offer:
* 24 mths 1GBPS FHB with Askey Mesh @ $39.90 mthly - $15 bill rebate for 24 mths (UP @ $54.90/mth)
* 24 mths 1GBPS Enhance (WiFi 6) @ $42.90 mthly - $10 bill rebate for 24 mths (UP @ $52.90/mth)

Here's the offer for TV service since you're currently on Action variety Plus
* 12 mths Contract - 50% Discount for 12 mths for Starter of Trio Pack

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
good for you.

That is the normal offer -- I think it is okay if you have no issues with Singtel.

If you have your own good Wifi 6 router, you can choose the other offer with Askey Mesh.

* 24 mths 1GBPS FHB with Askey Mesh @ $39.90 mthly - $15 bill rebate for 24 mths (UP @ $54.90/mth)
* 24 mths 1GBPS Enhance (WiFi 6) @ $42.90 mthly - $10 bill rebate for 24 mths (UP @ $52.90/mth)

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I had just re-contract Fibre n TV via their WA chat and choose the cheaper one. Going to get myself a new router to replace my RT-AC68U.
Here's the list of recontract offer:

Here's the offer for TV service since you're currently on Action variety Plus
* 12 mths Contract - 50% Discount for 12 mths for Starter of Trio Pack

Yes this is the normal recontract offer now.

Rrecently there was a superb recontract offer at S$34.90 but I already recontracted before the offer.

And for your case it is good to go with the cheaper S$39.90 plan as you want to upgrade to a better WiFi 6 router from the RT-AC68U.

Depending on your budget, you can go with RT-AX58U/82U/86U/88U or GT-AX6000 as the upgrade for your RT-AC68U. GT-AX6000 is a better buy than RT-AX88U on the higher end since you can get BNIB unit from Carousell (dumped by M1 users).

If you just care for Wireless performance, RT-AX82U is already good enough.

Haman

Reaction score
Yes this is the normal recontract offer now.

Rrecently there was a superb recontract offer at S$34.90 but I already recontracted before the offer.

And for your case it is good to go with the cheaper S$39.90 plan as you want to upgrade to a better WiFi 6 router from the RT-AC68U.

Depending on your budget, you can go with RT-AX58U/82U/86U/88U or GT-AX6000 as the upgrade for your RT-AC68U. GT-AX6000 is a better buy than RT-AX88U on the higher end since you can get BNIB unit from Carousell (dumped by M1 users).

If you just care for Wireless performance, RT-AX82U is already good enough.
Thanks for informing. Why would this M1 users dump the GT-AX6000 if it is good? To make a quick buck?

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks for informing. Why would this M1 users dump the GT-AX6000 if it is good? To make a quick buck?

Yes they want to make a quick buck.

Retail price without promotion -- S$699
M1 1Gbps sign-up top-up price -- S$13 x 24 = S$312
M1 existing users purchase price -- S$379
Carousell price -- S$450 to S$500

Ref: M1 GT-AX6000
https://www.m1.com.sg/home-broadband/devices/asus-rog-rapture-gt-ax6000
Ref: DongKnows Asus GT-AX6000 review (he rated GT-AX6000 as the overall best Wifi 6 router now, previously RT-AX86U was the best).
https://dongknows.com/asus-rog-rapture-gt-ax6000-gaming-router-review/
But you can choose RT-AX86U as well from Singtel at S$17 x 24 = S$408. It is also very good. I remember sometimes Singtel got offer at S$15 x 24 = S$360 but I think there are no such offer now. They now offer RT-AX86U for the 1Gbps Gamer Pro plan (S$54.90 per month) and 1+1Gbps Gamer Bundle plan (S$72.90 per month with 4 months free).
https://www.singtel.com/personal/products-services/broadband/premiums

Last edited:

therat

Master Member
Reaction score
That is the normal offer -- I think it is okay if you have no issues with Singtel.

If you have your own good Wifi 6 router, you can choose the other offer with Askey Mesh.

so far I'm okay with Singtel. with them since dialup time.

Currently I on 1G at 39.90 and my contract has end. and I still paying the same price.
Will Singtel suddenly charge me the retail price. or now $39.90 is retail price.

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
so far I'm okay with Singtel. with them since dialup time.

Currently I on 1G at 39.90 and my contract has end. and I still paying the same price.
Will Singtel suddenly charge me the retail price. or now $39.90 is retail price.

You need to check your contract. Usually the price will go up to S$49.9 (so-called usual price) -- at least that is my contract terms and conditions. S$39.90 per month is so-called promotional price. But your contract may be different.

Last edited:

kelvin_99

Reaction score
I am replacing my Singtel 2 Gbps fibre plan for the Singtel 1 Gbps Plus plan. My internet use is only mainly for surfing and Youtube. No games or Singtel TV. The feedback I got was that the 2 Gbps plan was overkill. I am paying about $60 per month and contract due to end next month. I am considering the 1Gbps Plus plan $47.90 pm. The general feedback I am also getting is that it is worth paying the extra of $2 pm over the 1 Gbps Enhanced plan.

My question pertains more to the setup. Currently this is my setup.

Optical point --> [fiber] --> Nokia ONR --> [ethernet] --> 2 AirTies. The other 2 remaining LAN ports from ONR are to wired to PCs.

From earlier discussions I understood that with the my existing Singtel ONR, I cannot use a third party Router (like ASUS or Linksys) without doing config change to the Singtel ONR. And if I want to use a 3rd party router the easiest way is via an ONT. So now since my contract is ending, I am considering changing the setup.

This 1 Gbps Plus package comes with a Singtel GPON ONR + Linkysys E9450 Wi-Fi 6 Router. I can only guess the setup will be something like this?

Optical point --> [fibre] --> GPON ONR --> [ethernet] --> Linkysys E9450. And I can connect my 2 Airties through the Linksys router LAN ports.

In other words,
- the GPON ONR now functions very much like an "ONT"?
- 1 of the 4 LAN ports of GPON ONR will connect to the Linksys router
- There will still be 3 free LAN port for the GPON ONR? Can I use these 3 free LAN ports as well? i.e. instead of connecting the Airties though the Linksys router, I connect it through the ethernet ports here?

Any advice is appreciated. Thanks!

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.