Thread all abt ROLEX - Part 2

Damienic

Master Member
Reaction score
tudor royal is one of the most shitty watches i seen... :x
Haha I got a friend who is a big Tudor fan (and no, he wasn’t able to use it to build profile for Rolex) and has at least about 10 Tudor watches. He always says that he don’t think Tudor Royal are that ugly. He says if Tudor Royal is ugly, then Datejust is ugly too (he feels there are similarities between both models). I don’t agree with him of course. Tudor Royal is indeed ugly and shitty to me but I wasn’t going to argue with him about it 😆

intervuurt

Reaction score
I don't think it's anyone's place to judge another person's taste...however the way ADs encourage a culture of "purchase with purchase" can force the less disciplined among us to buy a bunch of crap. A friend recently acquired a RO 50th anniversary without purchase history and told of the SA pushing Codes as a first purchase, unsuccessfully. If everyone learned to hold firm, the industry would not be what it is today.

Damienic

Master Member
Reaction score
I don't think it's anyone's place to judge another person's taste...however the way ADs encourage a culture of "purchase with purchase" can force the less disciplined among us to buy a bunch of crap. A friend recently acquired a RO 50th anniversary without purchase history and told of the SA pushing Codes as a first purchase, unsuccessfully. If everyone learned to hold firm, the industry would not be what it is today.
Agree, that’s why I didn’t argue with him that I think it’s ugly. Just let the conversation progress to what we both think about that watch and it ends there.
Your point about the “discipline“ makes perfect sense, however it won’t happen because of the human nature to want to own something which is highly desirable to them. Only if the entire consumer market has that discipline, then only would the AD not been able to instil the purchase with purchase culture. For eg I can be perfectly taking my time to meet the min profile building requirements and not take the bait, however, the situation is evolving with time and not static. When the high profile buyers starts adding more and more purchases in a bid to get their hands on that coveted piece in shortest time possible, the AD will tighten the criteria for those particular models and the customers who has expressed an earlier interest in that coveted model would have been told that they need to make another purchase if they wish to get into the waitlist for allocation. The AD market and Grey market is totally different and what happens in the grey market doesn’t necessarily translate the same to the retail market.
Your friend’s experience with that AP purchase is more extraordinary and less of the typical situation. There maybe certain reasons behind it that you are not aware of.

C4l3b

Reaction score
Wa.. ur friend is good!

official_t_atelier

Reaction score
Quite Unbelievable. It is common to buy at least a code and a ROO before allocate 50th anniversary 15510st..
Or else at best is a ROO without any purchase history..unless your friend manage to jio jio Bennahmias before he leave..

Last edited:

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
rare rare case. in SG, all AP SA greedy one.
were you there when he said he push the code away? maybe he BS you to show you he satki.
from what i know, all 50th anniversary pieces are allocated when the announcement was done early this year.

only heard of AP houses giving out 50th anniversary without bundle.

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Quite Unbelievable. It is common to buy at least a code and a ROO before allocate 50th anniversary 15510st..
Or else at best is a ROO without any purchase history..unless your friend manage to jio jio Bennahmias before he leave..
i don't believe that either. My friend who wanted the baby blue 50th anniversary 37mm for herself, was ask to buy a code chronograph (she was tempted) and she was introduced by a good client of AP which previously purchased 6 figures within 4 months. Even he has to buy the code if he wants the baby blue 37mm
so yea..
his previous purchase were Rose Gold Camo Offshore, 34mm Diamond Blue Royal Oak and 15500st blue dial. he didn't get to buy the jumbo.
back then there wasn't any Code yet

Superspeso

Reaction score
Was casually walking at orchard road. Pop my head into ad such as wp, emporor etc etc. I saw and was offered DJ 36 2 tone, ladies dj WG roman, DJ 36 2 tone rose gold, ladies dj ss. The market suddenly alot of stocks??

spurman

Reaction score
Was casually walking at orchard road. Pop my head into ad such as wp, emporor etc etc. I saw and was offered DJ 36 2 tone, ladies dj WG roman, DJ 36 2 tone rose gold, ladies dj ss. The market suddenly alot of stocks??
Err. U no buy. Hee. Got stk leh

rlskyline

Master Member
Reaction score
looks like the demand for these DJ disappeared totally

o0KelviN0o

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

The 2 ladies DJ is 28mm?

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Kelvin sir, is it a ruling that every year (from first watch to last watch), you can only purchase max 4 Rolexes?
no hard fast rules
if you spend enough, you can get full set of rolex sports collection in a year.
buy 5million worth of goods from the AD lor

Pegasus05

Reaction score
no hard fast rules
if you spend enough, you can get full set of rolex sports collection in a year.
buy 5million worth of goods from the AD lor
I see, so there’s no “max 4 pieces in one year window”….

ya, what you said actually make sense. If I spent $5million on other watches, I think AD will open arms and welcome me…
Hahaha

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.