TCL TV discussion thread IV [consolidated]

MoyoCase

Banned
Reaction score
X8500 is the Sony TV model and the Sony soundbar was connected to the ARC port.

It sounded soft and the bass was non existence.

Now when connected to the TCL C935, it sounded like a new soundbar altogether.
There is no reason the tv will enhance bass ect unless u using analog connection. Since it's HDMI all digital . The only explaination is that now the tv is passing lossless sound through the earc in the form of Dolby true hd . Anyway what content u watch, issit Blu ray? True hd sound can only be found on blue rays

TVhunter

Reaction score
There is no reason the tv will enhance bass ect unless u using analog connection. Since it's HDMI all digital . The only explaination is that now the tv is passing lossless sound through the earc in the form of Dolby true hd . Anyway what content u watch, issit Blu ray? True hd sound can only be found on blue rays
Not Blu ray. The only difference is that the same sound bar was connected via ARC to the previous Sony TV and now via eARC to the TCL C935.

The sound quality is much improved.

Anyway I have replaced the sound bar with the Samsung Q990b and the sound quality is again many folds up.

MoyoCase

Banned
Reaction score
Not Blu ray. The only difference is that the same sound bar was connected via ARC to the previous Sony TV and now via eARC to the TCL C935.

The sound quality is much improved.

Anyway I have replaced the sound bar with the Samsung Q990b and the sound quality is again many folds up.

Are u using pass through or bitstream

Rong626

Reaction score
My p715 is still going strong. But it can get sluggish from weak cpu. Still tolerable

coktky

Reaction score
Anyone know the deal for the end of season sales?? I think they have birthday sales coming 8dec

stasio

Reaction score
New TCL T615T03 Google TV Update available in V474.
MT9615 Platform ....C735 & C835/C935.......(C728 & C825)
V8-T615T03-LF1V474.000418

V474 OTA

LINK

build date= Nov 23 2022
build= 1669174746
security_patch= 2022-06-05
gmsversion= Android_11_GTV
product.build.fingerprint= TCL/G05_4K_GB/G05:11/AR2101/AR19:user/release-keys
revision= 000418
OTA size= 1.734 GB

Raj1969

Reaction score
These new mini LED TVs are marketed as having deep black levels as OLED and brighter than some OLED screens. When you go and see these TVs on display at roadshows/tech shows, they do look impressive with vibrant colors. But has anyone viewed them in room with no lights on? To truly test black levels, it has to be seen in a dark setting.

C835/C935 owners - Can you do a simple test like playing Black or "Deep Black" HDR youtube videos to see if the hype on black levels is comparable to OLED? Is there any back light bleeding thru? Does the local dimming actually work? Walk from left to right when these videos are playing and see if backlight bleeds thru when playing such black videos.

moron+genius

Reaction score
These new mini LED TVs are marketed as having deep black levels as OLED and brighter than some OLED screens. When you go and see these TVs on display at roadshows/tech shows, they do look impressive with vibrant colors. But has anyone viewed them in room with no lights on? To truly test black levels, it has to be seen in a dark setting.

C835/C935 owners - Can you do a simple test like playing Black or "Deep Black" HDR youtube videos to see if the hype on black levels is comparable to OLED? Is there any back light bleeding thru? Does the local dimming actually work? Walk from left to right when these videos are playing and see if backlight bleeds thru when playing such black videos.
You can watch those tv reviews on YouTube for comparison between these 2 tech, miniled have better black n contrast compared to qled but still not to oled level but it’s close. If you don’t watch in dark environment miniled can look very impressive, depends on your needs.

Raj1969

Reaction score
You can watch those tv reviews on YouTube for comparison between these 2 tech, miniled have better black n contrast compared to qled but still not to oled level but it’s close. If you don’t watch in dark environment miniled can look very impressive, depends on your needs.

The reason why I am asking independent review of TCL MiniLED TV is because someone I know mentioned that there is a lot of backlight in HDR content in black areas when viewing it the dark setting. Its actually worse than a normal LED TV. Its as if there is no local dimming. I have watched those reviews from HDTVTest and Darko and other reviewers a few weeks back. They have given rave reviews which are supposedly better than Samsung and Sony. Just wondering if the panel used in this region is the same as the one in USA.

I will try to get some images for comparison maybe tomorrow. In the meantime, it would be good if other owners can post their independent reviews of the C835/C935 in a dark room setting with lights off.

MoyoCase

Banned
Reaction score
:cautious:
Imo better to pay extra for additional warranty. Mine had issue after the 1 year lol but manage to diy repair haha
how much extra warranty. Like.that buy Phillips tv give u 3 years warranty no extra cost

chaiscool

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
:cautious:

how much extra warranty. Like.that buy Phillips tv give u 3 years warranty no extra cost
Not sure as I didn’t get it but iirc there’s a difference if you buy it from giant vs online official store vs exporters. They all offer different warranty iirc

chaiscool

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
So buy where is best
Wherever cheapest for me haha. Depend on individual, if buy from giant can physically see tv, compare PQ and test. Online like lazada got voucher and sale period like 12/12 sale. Exporters got some tv models that you can’t find locally so if want those model can get from them.

MoyoCase

Banned
Reaction score
Wherever cheapest for me haha. Depend on individual, if buy from giant can physically see tv, compare PQ and test. Online like lazada got voucher and sale period like 12/12 sale. Exporters got some tv models that you can’t find locally so if want those model can get from them.
which giant location can see and test?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.