Agoda Payments.

swordspirit

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just about $3 more for pay at hotel
could be. pay now could be paid in sgd and protect against fx movement. also potentially more points as compare to pay at hotel. pay at hotel also suffer credit card fee 3.25%? or conversion fee. so differences could be higher

Jeanrc

Reaction score
I did alot of testing and saw agoda pricing can be different even without promotion from dbs or applying discount code.
Yesterday i found out the double bed room of 1 hotel click into agoda from google map is the cheapest compare to dbs 18% discount promotion link as only that double room cannot get the discount but the twin room can get 18% discount.

kaixin18

Reaction score
I realized there are two options, Pay Now or Book Now, Pay Later.

What if I Book Now, Pay Later and say next week, I decide to Pay full amount, can Agoda change the payment mode?

Yes, you can. But the amount may not be the same as what it would be if you have chosen Pay Now.

I have a booking that is pending payment with option to cancel. I have been calling Agoda to check the amount if I want to pay now. Though Yen is depreciating, the room price is going up day by day (I call Agoda almost every other day). I asked why is that so and was told Agoda doesn’t use the international exchange rate but its own system rate which the CS can’t explain or tell me any other information.

Do note also once you pay, you can’t cancel the booking or there is no 100% refund.

Pay now has pros and cons:
Pros: I) Lodging is confirmed at known exchange rate. What u see is what u pay.
II) Slightly cheaper than pay later.

Cons: If anything happen that force u to cancel the trip, u may end up loss all or partial the lodging payment. Some may said can claim for insurance company with valid reasons if u buy the travel insurance.

Pay later mean ur CC will be charge usually less than 1 week before ur actual lodging date. The lodging is confirmed but the payment haven’t executed.
Pros: U can cancel anytime before the charges take effect if unforeseen circumstances happened or u opt for other places due to iterinerary changes.
Cons: I) The final payment amount charge to ur CC will vary due to forex rate at the time of CC payment initiated. This can be a pro too if the forex weaken vs SGD.
II) Pay now slightly cheaper than pay later but not true in some country like Australia where both are same rate during checkout.

I did alot of testing and saw agoda pricing can be different even without promotion from dbs or applying discount code.
Yesterday i found out the double bed room of 1 hotel click into agoda from google map is the cheapest compare to dbs 18% discount promotion link as only that double room cannot get the discount but the twin room can get 18% discount.
I just got off the line with Agoda customer service +442030277900. Pay now is safer than pay later option. If you read elsewhere you will see a number of people whose card was charged twice. They then have to contact the hotel, Agoda and their banks to recfify the problem. Of course you also have equal or majority of people who did not face this problem when they chose the pay later option. I rather be on the safe side. Another thing regarding payments, paypal is only available for flights or hotel bookings on its own. It is not available for flight + hotel bundle.

oceanicmanta

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yes. Don't use mastercard. They got 1% extra and even Agoda fully refund, you will lose another 1% too.

strange, I used DBS Woman n Manhattan cards, both did not have the 1% extra

mayb it depends on the specific Agoda landing site

Sylar22

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anybody managed to receive the Agoda Cashback Rewards ? Directly back to Credit Card ?

oceanicmanta

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anybody managed to receive the Agoda Cashback Rewards ? Directly back to Credit Card ?

yes .. twice recently

once Agoda sends u email that the ** can be claimed, u can request for it to be awarded, and can choose which stored CC to credit to

$ is usually credited next working day

Sylar22

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
yes .. twice recently

once Agoda sends u email that the ** can be claimed, u can request for it to be awarded, and can choose which stored CC to credit to

$ is usually credited next working day
Thanks alot. I took that option , quite worth it if the cashback is true. Did you wait for 60 days >?

oceanicmanta

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks alot. I took that option , quite worth it if the cashback is true. Did you wait for 60 days >?

i m guessing u booked via Agoda App ?

cannot recall the date but the details such as amount & dates stated in your Agoda completed booking details

Cashback will b in USD, but converted to SGD at date of redemption

Sylar22

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i m guessing u booked via Agoda App ?

cannot recall the date but the details such as amount & dates stated in your Agoda completed booking details

Cashback will b in USD, but converted to SGD at date of redemption
Yup booked through app. Rebate about 30USD, really buay pai.

mamboeidos

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
anyone using atome tot pay on Agoda?

recently still have this 12% off if u pay by atome but then now there is no way to input this promo code....

did the promo code expired or some issue with Agoda?

cryn79

Reaction score
I had booked a hotel at HCM from 02 Mar-06 Mar with the "pay at hotel" option.
Upon booking, this was the only option available.
Upon check in, I was requested to pay upfront.
However, I was told that there would be an additional 5% charge for CC payments, I had no choice but to pay with my CC as I had not enough cash and I did not want to sleep on the streets.

When I reached home, after checking with Agoda, they had informed me that the additional 5% should not have charged on top of the total charges indicated on the booking confirmation.
After numerous calls and e-mail correspondence, I had told them I did not the official hotel invoice and only had the hardcopy CC charge slip and bank statement screen shot.

I was shocked when they could tell me the my CC charge slip did not match the property name in their records.
I did ask them, did they check with the hotel to validate the docs provided, the CS team kept repeating that their relevant dept has done their investigations. I told them it was ridiculous, that I had stayed at the wrong hotel the past 4 days at HCM.

Waiting for them to get back to me again.

Lesson learnt: In future, when I encounter there is a price difference upon check in, I would rem to request for a official hotel receipt for dispute resolution.

Update:
Agoda inform that the transaction was done via the " pay at hotel" option. They can only offer USD 2.96 via Agoda cash to be used for next Agoda booking.
I decided to accept the offer and move on as a lesson learnt to pay in cash next time.
I find it is the principle of the matter that any additional CC fee to be charged by the hotel, to be indicated in the booking confirmation as well and not because I of the extra amt of money I had to pay.

Last edited:

cryn79

Reaction score
This was my first time receiving the Agoda Cashback Rewards.
Step 1: wait for 60 days after completion of hotel stay and wait for e-mail notification / App prompt that cashback can be "requested"
Step 2: click "request cashback rewards" -only redeemable via the app only
Step 3: fill in Credit Card details on the form and click "save" CC
Step 4: I waited abt 2 working days for the amt to be credited in my CC.

Sylar22

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
This was my first time receiving the Agoda Cashback Rewards.
Step 1: wait for 60 days after completion of hotel stay and wait for e-mail notification / App prompt that cashback can be "requested"
Step 2: click "request cashback rewards" -only redeemable via the app only
Step 3: fill in Credit Card details on the form and click "save" CC
Step 4: I waited abt 2 working days for the amt to be credited in my CC.
i still got around 40+days to go then can request

oceanicmanta

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Update:
Agoda inform that the transaction was done via the " pay at hotel" option. They can only offer USD 2.96 via Agoda cash to be used for next Agoda booking.
I decided to accept the offer and move on as a lesson learnt to pay in cash next time.

in case u dont know, AgodaCash has a expiry of like 3 months :cry:

Snow_Rain

Reaction score
Citibank has 10mpd on agoda miles credited after stay. Dbs 6mpd miles. Credited every quarter.

Always choose to pay now if available to get bonus miles.

Reaction score
I had booked a hotel at HCM from 02 Mar-06 Mar with the "pay at hotel" option.
Upon booking, this was the only option available.
Upon check in, I was requested to pay upfront.
However, I was told that there would be an additional 5% charge for CC payments, I had no choice but to pay with my CC as I had not enough cash and I did not want to sleep on the streets.

When I reached home, after checking with Agoda, they had informed me that the additional 5% should not have charged on top of the total charges indicated on the booking confirmation.
After numerous calls and e-mail correspondence, I had told them I did not the official hotel invoice and only had the hardcopy CC charge slip and bank statement screen shot.

I was shocked when they could tell me the my CC charge slip did not match the property name in their records.
I did ask them, did they check with the hotel to validate the docs provided, the CS team kept repeating that their relevant dept has done their investigations. I told them it was ridiculous, that I had stayed at the wrong hotel the past 4 days at HCM.

Waiting for them to get back to me again.

Lesson learnt: In future, when I encounter there is a price difference upon check in, I would rem to request for a official hotel receipt for dispute resolution.

Update:
I find it is the principle of the matter that any additional CC fee to be charged by the hotel, to be indicated in the booking confirmation as well and not because I of the extra amt of money I had to pay.
If I were you I won't even stay at that hotel.
I will just goto the next hotel.
So many hotels in hcm.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.