Live 4rm hdb with 2 kids need how much household income?

niefeng80

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Need at least $10k-$12k.

Renovation loan, Study loan, Education fund, kids child care, tuition fee, piano, violin, drums, gymnastics, wushu, taekwando etc.

peaceheart

Banned
Reaction score
Pls don't raise them like prince or queen... My sis daughter alr wanted iPhone 14 Pro... Not expensive she don't like...
Of cos. I dun advocate excessive pampering them either. Some parents may argue that their children shouldn't miss out or suffer like they did in the past so must give them the best now.

The iPhone 14 Pro case is excessive imo but how old is your niece?

hachi

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Of cos. I dun advocate excessive pampering them either. Some parents may argue that their children shouldn't miss out or suffer like they did in the past so must give them the best now.

The iPhone 14 Pro case is excessive imo but how old is your niece?
13 yo forgot to type it in... My son wanted s22 if he get into the school he wanted... I said why do a 13 yo need a 2k phone?

I think the best thing parents can give is their time... Not money... Now parents just leave it to tuitions... They rather play with their phone than guiding their kids.... With the education levels of current gen... Not that hard to guide them....

If course many would say they rather leave it to professional....

Synchron

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Pls don't raise them like prince or queen... My sis daughter alr wanted iPhone 14 Pro... Not expensive she don't like...
Your sister spoilt her. Giving her the best is only harming her in longer term.

I always teach them to calculate value in a metric and encourage them to use it. So far the older one able to think before buying something.

hachi

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Your sister spoilt her. Giving her the best is only harming her in longer term.

I always teach them to calculate value in a metric and encourage them to use it. So far the older one able to think before buying something.
I use cai png.... Like I said... Your phone cost me 140 plates of cai png.... One cai png $5 or so... Hahahaha

hachi

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I think guide the kid yourself is one of the best bonding and you know which part of the subject he is weak in... Many I observed... Know which subject their kid is weak in... Which part they are clueless....

Synchron

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I use cai png.... Like I said... Your phone cost me 140 plates of cai png.... One cai png $5 or so... Hahahaha

Hahahahaha also can lah. They have a sense of value that's what is important.

peaceheart

Banned
Reaction score
13 yo forgot to type it in... My son wanted s22 if he get into the school he wanted... I said why do a 13 yo need a 2k phone?

I think the best thing parents can give is their time... Not money... Now parents just leave it to tuitions... They rather play with their phone than guiding their kids.... With the education levels of current gen... Not that hard to guide them....

If course many would say they rather leave it to professional....
Indeed a bit too young for such expensive phone. I myself dun use flagship anymore lol

Maybe just guide them on the whys and hows. Eg why we study and how is that impt rather go into the teachings itself

Synchron

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I think guide the kid yourself is one of the best bonding and you know which part of the subject he is weak in... Many I observed... Know which subject their kid is weak in... Which part they are clueless....
I only focus on science and math with them. Do simple science experiments tricks to get them intrigued to spur their interest. Language my wife can settle. Next time they get vnb or siambu gf can learn more on their own hehehe

hachi

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Indeed a bit too young for such expensive phone. I myself dun use flagship anymore lol

Maybe just guide them on the whys and hows. Eg why we study and how is that impt rather go into the teachings itself
I have seen my frd become useless... 40 plus still wait.. For people to give him things... Coz his low income parents spoil him when he was young... Coz I know him for more than 30 y... During sec days.. When a reinstall of win 98 will solve his com issue... His dad brought a new com for him... Give him excess amount of money... Giving too much will kill a kid motivation... I will not let this happen to my kid...

Synchron

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Because they don't know the value of money...i hate them saying... This thing $100 only.... Nowadays kids have too much....
That's why I make them work for money. I always teach them about basic economy. Once there is a pool of liquidity then they will think like wah this is $xx maybe look for alternative.

hachi

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I only focus on science and math with them. Do simple science experiments tricks to get them intrigued to spur their interest. Language my wife can settle. Next time they get vnb or siambu gf can learn more on their own hehehe
I take English and science... My wife math and Chinese... Worked well... His science improved from his usual AL5 to AL1 last year and go the sec school he wanted... Bought ozobot and snap circuit when they are quite young...

hachi

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
That's why I make them work for money. I always teach them about basic economy. Once there is a pool of liquidity then they will think like wah this is $xx maybe look for alternative.
Good also... I also thought them about saving and investing.. I put his saving into ssb and show him the interests rate...

Mystyque

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
3k bah... Wife not working with 2 toddlers... No issue... With the cheapest 4 rm bto... Been there done that....

Must see which era you did it in. 1 year ago, basic necessities were like 30% cheaper for one thing :(

Synchron

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Good also... I also thought them about saving and investing.. I put his saving into ssb and show him the interests rate...
Haha I give my own interest rate for them, let them choose if they want to spend it or "re-invest" 4months "bond"

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.