Lastest S$ Deposit updates - Part 3

~sabaisabai~

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
So both party need to download RHB Mobile SG app and register an Account. After this is done, need to create a Joint FD account. To do this, one party(either one) select APPLY FOR A NEW ACCOUNT, then choose JOINT. And the joint NRIC can be entered. After that the other party go into the app and jus follow the instructions.
Once done, takes 1 working day for RHB to approve.

Thereafter, you can do more FD placement by clicking on the top left hand corner, select FIXED DEPOSIT PLACEMENT. DO this repeatedly for different placement. This FD placement is effectively immediately.
FD is better than tbill at least won't waste few days loss of interest :p

storm913

Master Member
Reaction score
to confirm, for CIMB , i can do multiple times of the FD for 12 and 18months right?
like 50k 12months
40k 18months
50k 18months etc

I don't have much, so only placed 1 x FD, curious to learn the need to split for multiple placement. is the only reason for this so that if u need some cash, u can cancel somemplacement instead of the full sum?

slang

Master Member
Reaction score
RHB 4.1% 24mths promo allows multiple Fixed Deposit?

like 20K, 20K, 25K , etc....so emergency no need withdraw 1 lump sum...

btw, if I do not have a RHB account, i got to visit any of the branch to start first then use the app to do the fixed deposit?

limjohnny

Reaction score
Msia boleh ah. CIMB can backdated your FD some more so now nothing is new to me. Learn how they operate and think and anything also can except cannot infringe on law. Grey area hehe
Good question we wait for readers here to share can or not. Backdate first I hear come from CIMB.
I tot u r the one who experience it based on ur 1st response above.

bberry

Reaction score
RHB 4.1% 24mths promo allows multiple Fixed Deposit?

like 20K, 20K, 25K , etc....so emergency no need withdraw 1 lump sum...

btw, if I do not have a RHB account, i got to visit any of the branch to start first then use the app to do the fixed deposit?
you can open a RHB account using RHB Mobile SG app. Once done, you can place FD using the app then.
You can place multiple placement, eg 25k for 24mths, 40k for 24mths, 50k for 12mths, etc, at anytime

slang

Master Member
Reaction score
you can open a RHB account using RHB Mobile SG app. Once done, you can place FD using the app then.
You can place multiple placement, eg 25k for 24mths, 40k for 24mths, 50k for 12mths, etc, at anytime
thank you so much!

do they provide any terms and conditions to read through before we click on the "submit" or "confirmation" for starting the fixed deposit?

bberry

Reaction score
thank you so much!

do they provide any terms and conditions to read through before we click on the "submit" or "confirmation" for starting the fixed deposit?
need to read one meh? T&C is always in banks favour, no?

just click click click only ma....hahahaa

anyway, for their FD early termination, get back your capital, no penalty, no interests

Last edited:

magicming

Reaction score
thank you so much!

Terms are on website. At the branch I asked for printed copy. One important term is zero interest if withdraw early.

bargin

Reaction score
Was at RHB Cecil branch this morning alot of staff ready to spring into action taken to a room and filled up the form out of branch less than 20 minutes after tat can see people start coming to the bank

limjohnny

Reaction score
Was at RHB Cecil branch this morning alot of staff ready to spring into action taken to a room and filled up the form out of branch less than 20 minutes after tat can see people start coming to the bank
U went to open FD? So how long u spent there?

Tacky667

Reaction score
Does anyone have the link for that search thing with highest FD rates compilation? I lost the link..

maumu

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Not sure if the FD rates for Bangkok Bank still valid?

12mths 4.4%, 18mth 4.5%.

Anyone to placed?
heard need $200k..
lack of banking app/online + only one branch in Singapore... makes some consider if it's worth the extra 0.3% compared to CIMB/RHB/SIF..
mlml..

EveMuffins

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
for Bangkok bank website, why is the currency in baht when I selected Singapore? coz I wanna look at the website for more info on fixed deposit.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.