Desktop 2.0 & 2.1 speaker discussion thread VI [consolidated]

Psycovirus

Reaction score
Seems like pretty value for money and no other streaming amplifier at this price range. The nearest competitors are Cabasse Abyss and Nad C700, but they are twice the price.

Your desktop/laptop is essentially a very large streamer, Spotify and Tidal Connect works with it, so to be honest can get just simpler integrated amplifier for desktop use. I saw the demo set for the Missions 770X, looks compact and affordable.
wow, The Cabasse Abyss, Nad C700 all look premium. High quality audiophile amplifiers. I am not ready to splurge that much for desktop use. Before, I was aiming for Bluesound Powernode - $1.3K actually. They also have Bluesound Powernode Edge for $900 with lower power rating. Both are very similar streaming integrated amplifiers with HDMI eARC support too. Mission 778x is pretty affordable at $800 but it does not have HDMI eARC support I am looking for...

dreamaurora

Reaction score
wow, The Cabasse Abyss, Nad C700 all look premium. High quality audiophile amplifiers. I am not ready to splurge that much for desktop use. Before, I was aiming for Bluesound Powernode - $1.3K actually. They also have Bluesound Powernode Edge for $900 with lower power rating. Both are very similar streaming integrated amplifiers with HDMI eARC support too. Mission 778x is pretty affordable at $800 but it does not have HDMI eARC support I am looking for...
Well, if your desktop or monitor can output optical then not necessary to to have HDMI eARC. Then you can can just get a Network Receiver like Marantz MCR612 or even something simpler like NAD D3020.

Anyway, TEAC has a new streaming integrated amplifier just out at the same price range of the SVS above, perhaps even cheaper in Singapore because of their regional pricing.

https://teac.jp/int/product/ai-303/feature

Can consider this one. TEAC's amplifiers are value for money and look very nice.

kaixax555

Honorary Member
Reaction score
Local stores aren't selling it seems.. The black version is on Taobao for SGD70ish (excl. shipping) but also available in both black and white in Malaysia for SGD130ish
Well I ended up ordering the Edifier MR4 from Taobao instead, and use an adapter for the CN plug.

For the size and price it is pretty darn good.

Techno Pride

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I just got the Logitech Z623 after a one plus year of using the Ikea Eneby Portable. Almost forgot speakers are supposed to have bass.

Charles_Chi4

Reaction score
Any 2.1 speaker suggestion to replace my bose companion 3? Bose has already discontinued companion series. Looking for similar bass profile.

poooooo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Any 2.1 speaker suggestion to replace my bose companion 3? Bose has already discontinued companion series. Looking for similar bass profile.
Never heard bose companion 3 before, but edifier s350db is one of the highly recommended 2.1 that you might want to audit.

Charles_Chi4

Reaction score
Never heard bose companion 3 before, but edifier s350db is one of the highly recommended 2.1 that you might want to audit.
Where can I try the demo?

So far I found klipsh demo location in the adelphi. Will go there this weekend.

Charles_Chi4

Reaction score
I think the Harman Kardon Soundsticks are the probably closest in sound to the Bose.
Tried it in Funan, not close at all. I think klipsch promedia 2.1 is closer. Going to The Adelphi now to sample promedia heritage 2.1 and the fives haha. Might go to simlim later to try edifier s350db

dreamaurora

Reaction score
Tried it in Funan, not close at all. I think klipsch promedia 2.1 is closer. Going to The Adelphi now to sample promedia heritage 2.1 and the fives haha. Might go to simlim later to try edifier s350db
Actually I can’t really remember how Bose 3 sounded.

I like the Fives, now got new Sevens and Nines.

Charles_Chi4

Reaction score
Actually I can’t really remember how Bose 3 sounded.

I like the Fives, now got new Sevens and Nines.

I prefer klipsch (promedia heritage 2.1 and the fives) over edifier (s350db).

The fives has better detail, but the bass not punchy enough compared to promedia heritage. It's quite bulky on desk also. Heard from youtuber that the eq setting dun stay after power off. If to add sub, it's quite big at 10".

Promedia heritage 2.1 has more muffled treble but better bass. The size is just nice for pc speaker. No eq (app control), no usb in. The sub only 8".

dreamaurora

Reaction score
I prefer klipsch (promedia heritage 2.1 and the fives) over edifier (s350db).

The fives has better detail, but the bass not punchy enough compared to promedia heritage. It's quite bulky on desk also. Heard from youtuber that the eq setting dun stay after power off. If to add sub, it's quite big at 10".

Promedia heritage 2.1 has more muffled treble but better bass. The size is just nice for pc speaker. No eq (app control), no usb in. The sub only 8".
Heritage 2.1 has a dedicated sub of course got more bass. But I really could not stand the sibilance on that.

dreamaurora

Reaction score
If you dont mind the bulk of the Fives, you can consider Elipson Facet 6B which I think is a better overall speaker than Fives. Sonic Sound sells it at same price as Fives.

Anyway, you don’t have to strictly use Klipsch 10” sub with the Fives, can plug in any brand and size of your choice like Wharfedale, JbL or Yamaha. Saw Lazada got one Tannoy sub at $150.

if you want small footprint then the Elac with sub of your choice would definitely be superior to Promedia Heritage. Call Alpha in advance and ask them to set it up with a sub to hear how it sound in 2.1 configuration.

stoiny

Reaction score
whats the total damage including shipping?
I did the same thing as well, total was about $80. speaker was $70(after cc discounts) shipped to ezbuy warehouse, and ezbuy sea shipping costed about $10.

Charles_Chi4

Reaction score
If you dont mind the bulk of the Fives, you can consider Elipson Facet 6B which I think is a better overall speaker than Fives. Sonic Sound sells it at same price as Fives.

Anyway, you don’t have to strictly use Klipsch 10” sub with the Fives, can plug in any brand and size of your choice like Wharfedale, JbL or Yamaha. Saw Lazada got one Tannoy sub at $150.

if you want small footprint then the Elac with sub of your choice would definitely be superior to Promedia Heritage. Call Alpha in advance and ask them to set it up with a sub to hear how it sound in 2.1 configuration.
Going to adelphi this week to audition svs 3000 micro, may be will try elipson facet 6b.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.