[Official] Playstation 5

Elysium87

Reaction score
I just joined the PS5 club. Buy a disc version in Seoul. Playing in the dormitory haha. A quick question, do it matter what region you created your playstation network account? Do you guys get PS plus normally? I heard only use to play online multiplayer that all?
if u playing online games, yes you do need ps plus games. but ps plus extra is good enough if u want free games to play with. e.g. spiderman/MM, yakuza and etc, u can go google for ps plus collection to see what games are available.
region does matter when u create account, cause if u want to play dlc from online store, e.g. if u create asia account, u need r3 disc to buy dlc which is from asia store.

WhiteHunter

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure about Sony SG and I agree that consoles seldom spoil within a year.

But there was some talks here in Jakarta that someone's Japan set PS5 had problems, send in servicing got rejected (due to parts differences - which is corporate talk for sure because I'm certain parts the same) after they do their troubleshoot and charge him for the service somemore lol.
sony sg only repair local sets. not sure if they change their policy.
if spoil buy new one. repair cost will be alot after warranty.

rayban

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
if u playing online games, yes you do need ps plus games. but ps plus extra is good enough if u want free games to play with. e.g. spiderman/MM, yakuza and etc, u can go google for ps plus collection to see what games are available.
region does matter when u create account, cause if u want to play dlc from online store, e.g. if u create asia account, u need r3 disc to buy dlc which is from asia store.
So normally people created USA stores or japan?

Fat_Bastard

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
What are you all using your 10% discount code on?

For me, most likely use it to preorder Street Fighter 6 Ultimate Edition. There is some misunderstanding that discount codes cannot be used for preorders. You can.

VwQgGzu.jpg

xtwis7

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score

For me, most likely use it to preorder Street Fighter 6 Ultimate Edition. There is some misunderstanding that discount codes cannot be used for preorders. You can.

VwQgGzu.jpg
Wow. $130 for a game that's expected to release a next iteration is crazy. I mean yes SF7 is nowhere near but still, the price tag is pretty staggering these days.

Fat_Bastard

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Wow. $130 for a game that's expected to release a next iteration is crazy. I mean yes SF7 is nowhere near but still, the price tag is pretty staggering these days.
It's the ultimate edition and I'm a street fighter fanboy. Tekken fanboy also. Hahaha. When tekken 8 releases I'm going to open wallet 😍😍😍

Normal version is $80.

Last edited:

WestGuy

Banned
Reaction score

VwQgGzu.jpg
Nice. Just preordered the normal edition for $72.94.

I decided to pull the trigger and buy now in case they change the T&C:

• The code cannot be used in in-game store, pre-order content, EA Play and PlayStation®Plus subscription

Deathshadow

Reaction score
Wow, now we can just spam all the ammo on the villagers. How do people even find that out? Read through the codes or discovery of secret by pure chance???
I think its found purely by luck, as there's no clues anywhere for players to go in without any items/weapons. Though there are precedent in the series past. Maybe someone try & test it out, to see whether an empty inventory leads to a bonus/reward.

Its a throwback to the secret Brad Vickers Zombie/Special Key easter egg in OG RE2 (PS1).

Reach the police station without picking up any items or weapons. Go down the stairs to underground tunnel. Killing that Zombie Brad yields a Special Key, for use in the locker of Dark Room to unlock alternate costumes.

Deathshadow

Reaction score

VwQgGzu.jpg
Probably on RE Village: Gold Edition $34. I can't play the base game (or any other first-person games) due to motion sickness.

Still find it strange that the third-person camera is locked behind a paywall/expansion DLC.

Fat_Bastard

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Probably on RE Village: Gold Edition $34. I can't play the base game (or any other first-person games) due to motion sickness.

Still find it strange that the third-person camera is locked behind a paywall/expansion DLC.

You can take comfort in that House Beneviento returns in the dlc and its really nice 👻👻👻

mliolukiye

Reaction score

That's actually a great consideration for spending the 10% discount.

I, too, have motion sickness from playing/trying out fps to riding a boat on choppy waves. It's a bummer that the 3rd person view is not suitable for RE7 as it was designed to be played in 1st person view with a smaller environment else it will be too claustrophobic. The scares were also designed for such an angle to be more immersive. I hope that the future games in the franchise will be designed to cater to both views.

Recce5

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Currently in Japan now. A ps5 disk version with one controller is selling 60000 yen now and with tax. Foreigner can claim tax free another 10% off and imagine how much cheaper to buy there. Basically anyone can buy a ps5 over there now.

VR2 is about 75000 yen

Dualsense is 8200 yen. White wan is even cheaper.

But the problem is. It is very hard to carry it back. Unless u travel light and with a big luggage to check in.
Do you need to declare item for GST at Changi airport?

Recce5

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
PSA: The WD Black SN850X 4TB M.2 SSD I bought at Amazon 2 weeks back for $600 has now dropped to $573 (inclusive of GST & shipping).

No bundled heatsink so have to get it separately.

winningeleven

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Do you need to declare item for GST at Changi airport?
OMG. By law. Yes. Anything more than $400.

I saw a ICA officer stationed at nothing to declare exit. It is always random check like 10 group of travellers. 1 group will ask u to put the luggage into the scanner.

arcturuz

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score

VwQgGzu.jpg
how to get this 10% disc code?

mliolukiye

Reaction score
I think its found purely by luck, as there's no clues anywhere for players to go in without any items/weapons. Though there are precedent in the series past. Maybe someone try & test it out, to see whether an empty inventory leads to a bonus/reward.

Its a throwback to the secret Brad Vickers Zombie/Special Key easter egg in OG RE2 (PS1).

Reach the police station without picking up any items or weapons. Go down the stairs to underground tunnel. Killing that Zombie Brad yields a Special Key, for use in the locker of Dark Room to unlock alternate costumes.

There's also a secret Mad Chainsaw mode that occurs randomly each time you play a new run. However, we can always unlock it by using the cheat code below.

On the DualSense, hold down L1 & R1, then press ⬆️⬅️⬇️➡️🟥🔺⭕❌❌ to unlock this higher difficulty mode, only in this demo, but not in the actual RE4 remake.

Now, embrace aggressiveness. *Chainsaw noise*

Deathshadow

Reaction score
There's also a secret Mad Chainsaw mode that occurs randomly each time you play a new run. However, we can always unlock it by using the cheat code below.

On the DualSense, hold down L1 & R1, then press ⬆️⬅️⬇️➡️🟥🔺⭕❌❌ to unlock this higher difficulty mode, only in this demo, but not in the actual RE4 remake.

Now, embrace aggressiveness. *Chainsaw noise*
Now only the locked drawer remains unsolved. Just like the 2 underground well, that drawer is also not in the original game.

Nobody has been able to open it so far. Requires a key only available in the full game (Unless its hidden somewhere waiting to be discovered).

https://game8.co/games/Resident-Evil-4-Remake/archives/407356
original

Deathshadow

Reaction score
It'll be interesting to see if it can surpass, or at the very least, be on par with the original. Its lengthy as well, for those worried about game length or cut content like RE3.

RE4 Speedrun Trophy is beat the game in under 8 hours. For comparison - RE7 is 4 hours, RE Village is 3 hours, RE3 is 2 hours.

Separate Ways & Assignment Ada, there's no news yet. Though its expected to be paid DLC (While Mercenaries mode & PSVR 2 update are confirmed free).

Off topic - My top 3 PS2 games of all time are Shadow of the Colossus, RE4 & MGS3. SOTC already got a remake & RE4 release next week. Just waiting for the remake of Snake Eater next (which might actually be announce this year if the rumors are true).

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.