M2 Mac mini

kelvinsin

Reaction score
if online ordered with unidays edu plan and collect from store, do i need to show student pass when collect?

junk610

Reaction score
This LG still on sale meh? Anyway i recall price was quite close to apple display. Dunno about the upcoming 5K samsung but for me if it exceeds $1k i might as well top up a bit and get apple display.

Initially thought could spend under $700 for Dell S2722QC which seems to be a decent monitor for someone NOT into gaming, photography & the like. But turned out there’s the issue of HiDPI scaling on macOS so…… back to the drawing board.

Yes i know of BetterDisplay but different folks seem to have different luck with it. Not sure of its due to the settings or the monitor or both. Some say its great & solves all scaling issues. Others had less luck.

You're thinking of the LG 32UL950, which looks exactly the same as mine and retails for $2.1k.
Mine's the LG32UN650, which LG released a year later and retails for $609.

Both are 32" 4k IPS monitors, but the 32UL950 has Thunderbolt on top of the HDMI/DP ports I have.
It is also brighter (450 vs 350nits), and is 98% DCI-P3 vs 95% DCI-P3.

Must be lucky cuz BetterDisplay worked perfectly for me.
Very crisp and clear in real life conditions, even at different resolutions.

A 32" Pro Display's definitely nice, but I agree with Parka that there's no longer a compelling reason to go that route, unless you make a living as a professional photographer.

junk610

Reaction score
How’s the heat dissipation? The plastic/rubber paddings may obstruct
It's a heat-resistant polyethylene drawer mat. It actually has more space than it looks cuz I folded the mat to take the pic.

My Mac Mini vent protrudes out of the cable organiser unit, with my external SSD and my Time Machine placed far apart on opposite ends, so no issues with ventilation.

Tested for over a week with no appreciable difference in temperature with the whole setup either inside or outside the unit.

VodkaPear

Master Member
Reaction score
Anyone can help? Edu price for m2 16gb 512gb.
intending to ask my friend help to get but wanna know the price before approaching him.

Singrish

Reaction score
You're thinking of the LG 32UL950, which looks exactly the same as mine and retails for $2.1k.
Mine's the LG32UN650, which LG released a year later and retails for $609.

Both are 32" 4k IPS monitors, but the 32UL950 has Thunderbolt on top of the HDMI/DP ports I have.
It is also brighter (450 vs 350nits), and is 98% DCI-P3 vs 95% DCI-P3.

Must be lucky cuz BetterDisplay worked perfectly for me.
Very crisp and clear in real life conditions, even at different resolutions.

A 32" Pro Display's definitely nice, but I agree with Parka that there's no longer a compelling reason to go that route, unless you make a living as a professional photographer.
Wow no budget for 32” pro display lah. 27” Apple display already must consider many times 😅 Its either that or see how much Samsung 5K 27” costs.

junk610

Reaction score
Wow no budget for 32” pro display lah. 27” Apple display already must consider many times 😅 Its either that or see how much Samsung 5K 27” costs.
The 27" 5k Samsung looks beautiful with those Apple design elements.
From the pics it actually looks better than the Studio Display.

It would be interesting when they eventually come out with an aluminum 32" version.

trd2970

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The 27" 5k Samsung looks beautiful with those Apple design elements.
From the pics it actually looks better than the Studio Display.

It would be interesting when they eventually come out with an aluminum 32" version.
yea I was literally drooling on that 5K s9... any idea when it would be released in SG?
there's supposedly a 32" but in 4k

iCubes

Master Member
Reaction score
yea I was literally drooling on that 5K s9... any idea when it would be released in SG?
I'm guessing June, since that was the month the S8 was released. If the price is affordable i will get the monitor + mini m2 if not I'll just wait for iMac M3 already

Singrish

Reaction score
I'm guessing June, since that was the month the S8 was released. If the price is affordable i will get the monitor + mini m2 if not I'll just wait for iMac M3 already
But that’s 24” apparently. Seems like no more 27” imac.

junk610

Reaction score
Looks like the lot of us are still waiting for the elusive bigger iMac lol.

They finally upgraded the smaller iMac from 21.5" to the current 23.5"...after 8.5 years.
I'm hoping they'll at least upgrade the bigger iMac from 27" to a proper 32" after 10 years!

What's taking so long ah Ah Cook!:rolleyes:

junk610

Reaction score
No idea when it'll be released, but the model number is the Samsung S90PC.
Just keep refreshing and it'll probably show up sometime soon lol.

Singrish

Reaction score
Looks like the lot of us are still waiting for the elusive bigger iMac lol.

They finally upgraded the smaller iMac from 21.5" to the current 23.5"...after 8.5 years.
I'm hoping they'll at least upgrade the bigger iMac from 27" to a proper 32" after 10 years!

What's taking so long ah Ah Cook!:rolleyes:
IMO 32” is a bit overkill but 27” is so common that forcing us to accept a 24” imac makes zero sense!

junk610

Reaction score
IMO 32” is a bit overkill but 27” is so common that forcing us to accept a 24” imac makes zero sense!

But they've already upgraded the smaller iMac from 21.5" to 23.5".
It's only right that they do the same for the discontinued 27" iMac.
The next step up from 27" is typically 32", so if they should decide to go that route, who am I to say no?:p

junk610

Reaction score
What's everybody using to enable split-view on their Macs?
There's the built in Split View function on MacOS, but that's really limited to left/right screens.

Anybody using something more customisable?
I'm using Divvy, which works pretty well, but am curious as to what everybody else is using.

Also, are there apps that combines the scaling function of BetterDisplay + the split view function of Divvy?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.