Eczema

evilerniex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i ish also undst the pain that you are going thru when bathing.
my is quite extensive too.

now seeing skin center.
u guys tried the uv light therapy le mahz? it does not work for me though.... =(
now the doc is giving me blood test to see if i can take oral medicine or notch.

cos the medicine i taking now is prednisolone (dunch noe spell correctly or notch) which will have worse side effects.

so see how it goes. Going TTSH xray tml...

haish...

we are living in an environment which not everyone will undst our situation... if u noe wat i mean.

the light treatment doesnt work for me also. in fact, the nite after a session of light treatment, my face got so itchy, i rub until jialat jialat. had to hid at home for the next few days coz face looks really scary :sad:

after tt i switched over to dr loke and never looked back

CanT_Make_IT

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Can i join in :o....

Those member with dark spot is call chronic ezcema. This type of ezcema cant be cure. I have it on my neck. Sian :(. I ask doctor regarding my neck he say this cant be cure cus is already too late when he found out i have this. So live with it lor..LLST :(

I also got go hospital before during sec 3. My face swollen like HELL. Every where red and swollen and yellowish liquid coming out from my face. Doctor give me eat 12 pills of prednisolne and some creams to apply. Next day, my face get better and it help.

For my case , i go for check up at NUH every 6 months. I think i heng lah to meet this professor. He seeing me since 14 yr old ? now i 20 i still seeing him. He help me alot of my skin.

Normally what he give me for cream and medicine is :
- chlorhexidine ( blue colour solution. Apply on the red patch ) Price : not sure
- Elomet ( body, kneel, arm, elbow..etc ) Price : $ 11 plus
- Protopic ( ONLY for face..) Price : $50 plus...and is only 10g !! :s16:
- Atarax ( Eat only at night ) Price : less than $10. Eat only 1 pill
- Prednisolne ( eat only when necessary cus got side effect )Price : Super cheap forget price

And one thing that is FREE and helpful to the skin is go swimming regularly. My doctor recommend me to go soak in swimming pool for 10 MINS and after u bath apply lotion on ur body. This is wad i done lah..but i only got once only sat.
And one condition is try to go when there is no sun and also less ppl lah..best time is go morning ? For me is morning i go bo lang de..:D

Eating Prednisolne can help to get rid of those red patch. I only eat when my face have serious red patch if not i WONT touch it..I never eat so quite along time.

maggoth

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
mine is induced by stress. used to not know why is it like that when i was in secondary school. imagine during exam i can scratch my leg until bleed.

now working already and know my condition thoroughly, once im stressed, i will start to itch. ALOT of discipline is needed to resist scratching, normally i will just try to calm myself down so i wont feel so stressed.

last time my mom used to ask me to use this method. use hair dryer and blow at the itchy part. of course try to control but the heat will kill the itch. trust me, it is really effective and feels damn shiok. no joke but this is just a temporary method.

the most impt is still to find the root of ur eczema and eliminate it.

oh ya forgot to add, personally i feel, try to avoid taking pills to stop the itch like zyrtec and similar pills. i believe in the long run, this kind of pills will stay in our body and will do harm. just my 2cents. try to use external applications instead like creams and lotions.

Last edited:

deathan9el

Senior Mentor
Reaction score
still find this very funny :s13: :s13:~
how can it be shiok~ very painful de :crazy: :sad:

aiyoh realli raa ..u neh got dis kinda feelin mehh ..
like got itch dat u cant reach .. then u smhw managed to scratch it .. feels like a relief .

kinda shiok rite .. :o

of 'cos after me had scratched it for too long .. it starts to hurts & bleeds . :(

l3golas82

Reaction score
Seriously speaking, how severe is your eczema?

Prednisolone is a steroid which is not meant to take long term. It is meant to take short term only.

If I am not mistaken, your doctor is going to give a more potent drug. I suspect that the doctor might be putting you on a course of azathioprine. This one needs to take blood test every few months to ensure everything inside your body is ok.

mine quite severe and they are controling my intake f the prednisolone.
yes they are trying out on azathiaprine and methotsexate... i tink..
doc did mention that he will have to control the dosage i eat and have to constantly monitor my body

Yunnnn

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Threw up both your posts in the first post~! :crazy:
Very informative...

Yunnnn

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
like got itch dat u cant reach .. then u smhw managed to scratch it .. feels like a relief .

of 'cos after me had scratched it for too long .. it starts to hurts & bleeds . :(
very pain~ not shiok de :crazy:~

l3golas82

Reaction score
the light treatment doesnt work for me also. in fact, the nite after a session of light treatment, my face got so itchy, i rub until jialat jialat. had to hid at home for the next few days coz face looks really scary :sad:

after tt i switched over to dr loke and never looked back

icic. dr loke gootch mahz?
i saw it in the first pages of this thread ahz. i undst how it feels. sometimes this kinda problem cannot go out and mix around.

what medicine dr loke gib chiu? share share reh. ish it expensive mahz 45 dollars consultation, wat abt the medicine??

l3golas82

Reaction score

still scratch not gootch ahz.
will incur more infection. do take care buttie

Jian19

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
now my kkj balls also gotch riaos :s22:

scratch le damn song :s34:

deathan9el

Senior Mentor
Reaction score
still scratch not gootch ahz.
will incur more infection. do take care buttie

thx bro

haizz .. but dunno rehh .. after awhile it dried up ..
then hafta scrape off de flakes .. then it wud be moist agn ..

then it wud get smhw gets abit itch . :o

so how u tahan de itch rehh ? :s11:

l3golas82

Reaction score
thx bro

haizz .. but dunno rehh .. after awhile it dried up ..
then hafta scrape off de flakes .. then it wud be moist agn ..

then it wud get smhw gets abit itch . :o

so how u tahan de itch rehh ? :s11:

i use to be like chiu. scratch->blood->dry up->p_u_s appears->squeeze the puzz->bleed again
end less loop

so now i try to apply as much mosturizer as i possibly can.
try not to shower too long.
the soap u use, have to be skin friendly. I am currently using centaphil de.
dunch use those with ph5.5, it gets dried even quicker.

try to mosturize ur skin. skin moist, will tend to be less itchy.

how i control my itch? I scratch sometime, but i try to make myself recall the thousand and one pain when i step into the bathroom with my open wound.

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.