Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spongy

Master Member
Reaction score
I have used Daikin (non-inverter) since 10 years ago and they are very good (normal 26C setting). My current inverter is set to about 25C, but I turn on the fan to circulate the air and to speed up the cooling process. My in-laws have used Daikin too and they are also cool enough (25C) and now I am changing them to the newer R410A after the MUP.

sgstab

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Finally order my sys4 r410a mitsubish heavy industry inverter from besttech, which is 32k BTU, bigger than 28k BTU starmex and 26K BTU toshiba, that is main reason i choose mitsubish heavy industry.

1) copper 23

2) k-flex class 0 1/2 inchi which is upgrading cost me 200, each FCU 50;

3) 16mm drainage pipe

4) old aircon dismantling and unlimited piping;

5) 5 yrs extrended warranty labour and parts, total cost 3900, if bracket need to change then 150 more, think still ok for me.

So ur guys any comment on MITSUBISHI heavy industry?

thesingingbard

Master Member
Reaction score
by rite, inverter shld cool faster than non-inverter, since its compressor btu is more powerful than non-inverter. did the 1st 2 cleans its outdoor unit fin? indoor unit filter? these shld be done regularly(at least 2 to 3 weeks for frequent use) to maintain the powerful of aircon..:s12:

hm... one's a newly installed (less than 3 months), maybe it's installation problem,

the 2nd one does maintain his air-con periodically including washing outdoor unit; oh btw he sets it to 26°C.

Mclairs83

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yo singingbard... suprisingly ur outdoor unit up lorry within 4yrs.. MINE ALSO!.. mine is much more serious than urs....

They mentioned AFM, IPM, Compressor and thermister all gone.

repair cost is $900.. CAN U BELIEVE IT? this fujitsu has been giving me headache ever since the first day of installation.

terumo

Reaction score
Non-invertor will cool down faster then invertor as non-invertor will always run @ full load.
Invertor will cool down the room slowly but in terms of temperature comfort, invertor will do a better job.

thesingingbard

Master Member
Reaction score
Yo singingbard... suprisingly ur outdoor unit up lorry within 4yrs.. MINE ALSO!.. mine is much more serious than urs....

They mentioned AFM, IPM, Compressor and thermister all gone.

repair cost is $900.. CAN U BELIEVE IT? this fujitsu has been giving me headache ever since the first day of installation.

actually my thermister failed a couple of months earlier. costs me $80 to replace. now the PCB got problem, and somehow the gas doesn't go to one of my blower. GC estimate $400+ to fix it. So i fed up and went to order a new one instead. =:p

including yours, that makes 3 Fujitsu system that I know which gave problems within 5 years!

so you repaired yours? can share your model? :look:

Mclairs83

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
actually my thermister failed a couple of months earlier. costs me $80 to replace. now the PCB got problem, and somehow the gas doesn't go to one of my blower. GC estimate $400+ to fix it. So i fed up and went to order a new one instead. =:p

including yours, that makes 3 Fujitsu system that I know which gave problems within 5 years!

so you repaired yours? can share your model? :look:

My outdoor unit is exactly the same model as yours. and somehow when i started to use this Fujitsu brand..all my trunking are sweating like nobody business.. Its either the insulation they used is crap or the gas escape like nobody business. :s13:

i didn't repaired mine.. the quotation they gave me was $900!+ :eek: i might as well get a Daikin!

thesingingbard

Master Member
Reaction score
My outdoor unit is exactly the same model as yours. and somehow when i started to use this Fujitsu brand..all my trunking are sweating like nobody business.. Its either the insulation they used is crap or the gas escape like nobody business. :s13:

i didn't repaired mine.. the quotation they gave me was $900!+ :eek: i might as well get a Daikin!

so i see... indeed it is a product issue, too strong a compressor and too small were the blowers that the Cold wasn't efficiently channelled away and so the pipes leading to and away from the blowers are both cold. Condensation on the pipes led to sweating. I was using 1/2 inch insulation yet it didn't help.

so paranonia was i that i asked for 3/4 inch insulation for my next Air-Con to be installed next week.

good thing you didn't repair it... hee =:p

Mclairs83

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
so i see... indeed it is a product issue, too strong a compressor and too small were the blowers that the Cold wasn't efficiently channelled away and so the pipes leading to and away from the blowers are both cold. Condensation on the pipes led to sweating. I was using 1/2 inch insulation yet it didn't help.

so paranonia was i that i asked for 3/4 inch insulation for my next Air-Con to be installed next week.

good thing you didn't repair it... hee =:p

wah u use 1/2 inch arh? sibei kiasu leh.. i bet ur new trunking is smaller now.. anyway my friend commented the MA56EV1 outdoor unit is best linked to 3 FCU.. if 4 FCU on at the same time.. the cooling will suffer by 50% tats if i on all 4 FCU at the same time... i'm not too sure whether its true or not, but getting another inverter Daikin which will cost me $3200 for an R22 refrigerant type. which is more than twice the amount i'm paying for non-inverter.. =\

I guess i haf to suffer this fate.. maybe 10yrs down the road.. i will den get an inverter.

R410 type of refrigerant is too ex to maintain, and outdoor unit is not cheap also! wads more if 1 day lightning strike on my outdoor unit... i will prepare to fork out high amount of cost of repair AGAIN!

thesingingbard

Master Member
Reaction score
wah u use 1/2 inch arh? sibei kiasu leh.. i bet ur new trunking is smaller now.. anyway my friend commented the MA56EV1 outdoor unit is best linked to 3 FCU.. if 4 FCU on at the same time.. the cooling will suffer by 50% tats if i on all 4 FCU at the same time... i'm not too sure whether its true or not, but getting another inverter Daikin which will cost me $3200 for an R22 refrigerant type. which is more than twice the amount i'm paying for non-inverter.. =\

I guess i haf to suffer this fate.. maybe 10yrs down the road.. i will den get an inverter.

R410 type of refrigerant is too ex to maintain, and outdoor unit is not cheap also! wads more if 1 day lightning strike on my outdoor unit... i will prepare to fork out high amount of cost of repair AGAIN!

ai yo... where got so suay one? strike lightning? :s13:

btw, mine new one isn't 1/2 inch hor... it is 3/4 inch! Now that's what i call kia-su lor!

Even then, GC also cannot guarantee that the trunkings won't sweat... i wanted to go 1 inch okay! And the sales person was looking at me with a stunned look! :s13:

I think it's all the same lah... most system-3 and system-4 uses same compressor, so of course if you switch on all 4 rooms, it'll be weaker lah... but i think it's okay one lah. :s7:

chunlianghere

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
yup..MA56EV1 link to 3 is gd. but if link to 4th one than of cos will reduce. but depends the 4th one is 9000btu or 18000btu. for my case, is system 4. 3 x 9k + 1 x 18k. i dont tink ppl will on all la.. cos for mine, 4th one is living room. normally all wil be at the living room, so on all the 3 also no use. so is either on 18k one or 3 x 9k.

but to the thickness of insulation, normally 3/8 works fine for all ba. unless is product problem, than thicker also no use.

aiyo! i never heard b4 outdoor unit wil kana lightning sia!

Mclairs83

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
yup..MA56EV1 link to 3 is gd. but if link to 4th one than of cos will reduce. but depends the 4th one is 9000btu or 18000btu. for my case, is system 4. 3 x 9k + 1 x 18k. i dont tink ppl will on all la.. cos for mine, 4th one is living room. normally all wil be at the living room, so on all the 3 also no use. so is either on 18k one or 3 x 9k.

but to the thickness of insulation, normally 3/8 works fine for all ba. unless is product problem, than thicker also no use.

aiyo! i never heard b4 outdoor unit wil kana lightning sia!

who noes? :s13: our merlion also tio lightning strike.

copp3r

Reaction score
After contemplating for a few weeks, i finally decided to get system-2 Inverter Mitsubishi Electric from Hong Tar. They finished the installation about 3 hrs ago. The 2 guys who did the installation were pleasant and answered all my queries.

So far so good.
They first set it at 23 celcius. Was quite cold. I'm settling with 27 celcius for now. :)

mihoger

Reaction score
juz bought toshiba system 2(RAS3m20SACV) inverter
upgrade Copper 23 to 22 and ARMFLX 1/2"

but cost about S$3078!! from GC..

seems very costly!!

devilrazor

Master Member
Reaction score
juz bought toshiba system 2(RAS3m20SACV) inverter
upgrade Copper 23 to 22 and ARMFLX 1/2"

but cost about S$3078!! from GC..

seems very costly!!

ya man quite ex sia... my mitsubishi heavy industries system 3 inverter cost $2850 only

but i heard toshiba aircon quite good

wanted to buy toshiba one but my dad already bought mitsubishi liao

chunlianghere

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
is becos of installation material ba..tats y so exp. tink the installation can last u forever liao..:s13:

mihoger

Reaction score
ya man quite ex sia... my mitsubishi heavy industries system 3 inverter cost $2850 only

but i heard toshiba aircon quite good

wanted to buy toshiba one but my dad already bought mitsubishi liao

ya actually is $2039.. but they add this add that total $3078!!! :s31:

but i saw afew rave about dakin too..

anyone got anyidea how much a servicing cost each time??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.