Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Status
Not open for further replies.

chunlianghere

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi, would like to check with 'old bird' here. Is there any limitation or i can install any multi spilt air cons that i want.
eg: AMPS not enough to power the air con
only private hse can ba. but if u live in hdb than max is 2 outdoor unit if yr hse is installed 40amp. normally those wit 40amp, their blk is under Main Upgrading Programme (MUP). those not, only max is 1.

u can check yrs here: http://www.hdb.gov.sg/bn25/isos119p.nsf/Search?OpenForm

sunshade

Reaction score
My Fujitusu aircon sucks!! The single split AOAR18JCC inverter in my bedroom broke down 2 times within the 1st yr. It was installed 1 and half yr ago. Now the mulit-split ASAA12JACM inverter in my other 2 rooms broke them last Friday. They are less than 2 yrs old. The service of the agent - Winfinity is real
disappointing. I'm always put on hold on the phone and they always say will call back and in the end i've
to keep calling to get to talk to their person in charge. Upon checking yesterday,the technician said both the PCB and 2 EEV coils need to be replaced....Sian.. It will cost me almost $600 including $80 transport. There is only 3 months' waranty after the replacement. I questioned them how can the air-con can break down so soon. They say other customers have no such problem. Last time my Toshiba air-cons lasted for more than 10 yrs without giving me much problem. I regret v. much changing to Fujitusu inverter thinking i can save on the electricity bill. I wonder if inverter air-cons are really less reliable or it all depends on the brand??? Should i get the replacement done ? Don't know how many months they can last and get another replacement again. I would rather change the whole air-con set. When air-con breaks down, it's not just money, but time to wait for them to come, this and that, and causing us such inconvenience - for the whole week my daughters have to sleep in my room, sian....
My Fujitsu aircon also sucks. PCB gone after 4 years. I've been unhappy with this aircon since day one.

vee4044

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yesterday I signed up the Mit Electric sys 3, at Expo Gain City fair, very crowded that U
Need to Q for saleman to serve U. total cost $3463.

Sys 3 wf 9x 9 x 18 BTU $2963/-

Sis Bracket $150/-

5yrs Extension warranty FOC

Dismentle Sys 3 $150

Trade in Sys 3 -$150

Upgrade Armaflex Sys 3 FOC

2yrs five times sys 3 servicing Contract $350/-

just for U guys info. Offer today last day in Sin Expo.

islandFanR

Reaction score
Yesterday I signed up the Mit Electric sys 3, at Expo Gain City fair, very crowded that U
Need to Q for saleman to serve U. total cost $3463.

Sys 3 wf 9x 9 x 18 BTU $2963/-

Sis Bracket $150/-

5yrs Extension warranty FOC

Dismentle Sys 3 $150

Trade in Sys 3 -$150

Upgrade Armaflex Sys 3 FOC

2yrs five times sys 3 servicing Contract $350/-

just for U guys info. Offer today last day in Sin Expo.

what is in the Armaflex Sys 3? armaflex 1/2 + 22 gauge copper?

mikezuper

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I got myself Daikin Sys-3 Non-inverter
Total $2358 with 5yrs Warranty

Non-inverter is enough for me as my usage is not that high :)

Will post pict of old and new aircon after installation is done!!
No more noise, no more not-cold, no-more leak in 3 weeks time, YEAH!

abba77

Reaction score
thks everyone here for good info & advise :)

finally got the toshiba sys-3 non-inverter installed last week.. installing aircon with so many furniture inside was really no joke, like a war zone.. :p

so far so good, the 9k BTU unit is okay for my small 3room flat living room. for the FCU in living room, due to the low ceiling and high door, the gas and water pipe is separated into different trunk - the gas trunk goes upwards above the door, the water trunk goes downwards around the room.

one observation so far is that when the MBR FCU is running on 'quiet' mode, i can hear very soft 'whoo whoo' sound coming out from the trunk (can hear it better when i press my ear to the trunk). has anyone experience this before? :s11:

chunlianghere

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

finally got the toshiba sys-3 non-inverter installed last week.. installing aircon with so many furniture inside was really no joke, like a war zone.. :p

so far so good, the 9k BTU unit is okay for my small 3room flat living room. for the FCU in living room, due to the low ceiling and high door, the gas and water pipe is separated into different trunk - the gas trunk goes upwards above the door, the water trunk goes downwards around the room.

one observation so far is that when the MBR FCU is running on 'quiet' mode, i can hear very soft 'whoo whoo' sound coming out from the trunk (can hear it better when i press my ear to the trunk). has anyone experience this before? :s11:
is it when u jus on the aircon? does it last very long?

i tink mayb it could be the vibration sound coming from the compressor unit.

anscla

Reaction score
Courts Aircon?

Hi all,

Seems like nobody is talking about COURTS aircon? Does anyone buy from Courts? They also have free 5 yrs warranty and some, NTUC vouchers.

Anyone has experience with COURTS aircon installation standard?

For those with existing aircon and upgrading to new aircon, do you let the contractors re-run all the trunking? or keep it as it is in order to "preserve" the wall paint colour/hidden in false ceiling problem etc?

Pls advise.. thanks!

chunlianghere

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

Seems like nobody is talking about COURTS aircon? Does anyone buy from Courts? They also have free 5 yrs warranty and some, NTUC vouchers.

Anyone has experience with COURTS aircon installation standard?

For those with existing aircon and upgrading to new aircon, do you let the contractors re-run all the trunking? or keep it as it is in order to "preserve" the wall paint colour/hidden in false ceiling problem etc?

Pls advise.. thanks!
actually it is recommended to change new piping after changing to new aircon..

U can ONLY use back if yr current aircon is using the same refrigerant as the new aircon. example, old one is using R22, so if the new aircon tat u brought is also R22, than can. if the new one is using R410A, than cannot.

as R22 is lower pressure, R410A uses more higher pressure, thus needed thicker copper pipe to withstand the pressure. or else wil hav leak.

so do u mean tat yr current piping is hidden?

anscla

Reaction score
actually it is recommended to change new piping after changing to new aircon..

U can ONLY use back if yr current aircon is using the same refrigerant as the new aircon. example, old one is using R22, so if the new aircon tat u brought is also R22, than can. if the new one is using R410A, than cannot.

as R22 is lower pressure, R410A uses more higher pressure, thus needed thicker copper pipe to withstand the pressure. or else wil hav leak.

so do u mean tat yr current piping is hidden?

Hi Chunliang, thks for the advise! Previously I was using Samsung inverter (done by GC). My ID arranged for one pipping to run from MBR toilet across the small passageway direct across to the 2nd bedroom. The pipping was then concealed using one short length of false ceiling (at bedroom hallway entrance) only.

So now we have ordered from COURTS (earlier GC no free 5 yrs warranty and courts has, so cheaper, ordered liao.. now GC has free 5 yrs also, too late) sigh..

Still waiting for COURTS installation comments... very apprehensive.

abba77

Reaction score
is it when u jus on the aircon? does it last very long?

i think mayb it could be the vibration sound coming from the compressor unit.

chun liang, ya, suspect the sound is from compressor.. the sound comes out when the aircon is running. sometime stop for a while, guess it is when the compressor stops when the room temperature has reached the preset temperature.

is it due to poor installation or concealing? :s11: didnt hear such noise in the old aircon.. maybe the 'Quiet' mode is too quiet and cause this sound to be audible now.

to fellow toshiba fans, do you guys have any similar noise problem? :s12:

mypj_88

Reaction score
due to the low ceiling and high door, the gas and water pipe is separated into different trunk - the gas trunk goes upwards above the door, the water trunk goes downwards around the room.

Hi Mike, thanks for your sms over weekend. Looking forward to you new aircon :yawn:.

Hi abba77, may i know, the water trunk run at low level, do you face problem when placing your furniture?

chunlianghere

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi Chunliang, thks for the advise! Previously I was using Samsung inverter (done by GC). My ID arranged for one pipping to run from MBR toilet across the small passageway direct across to the 2nd bedroom. The pipping was then concealed using one short length of false ceiling (at bedroom hallway entrance) only.

So now we have ordered from COURTS (earlier GC no free 5 yrs warranty and courts has, so cheaper, ordered liao.. now GC has free 5 yrs also, too late) sigh..

Still waiting for COURTS installation comments... very apprehensive.

Wat aircon u buy from COURTS? Same model?

mikezuper

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi Mike, thanks for your sms over weekend. Looking forward to you new aircon :yawn:.

Hi abba77, may i know, the water trunk run at low level, do you face problem when placing your furniture?
Np bro mypj_88, did you get anything over the weekend? :)

chunlianghere

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
chun liang, ya, suspect the sound is from compressor.. the sound comes out when the aircon is running. sometime stop for a while, guess it is when the compressor stops when the room temperature has reached the preset temperature.

is it due to poor installation or concealing? :s11: didnt hear such noise in the old aircon.. maybe the 'Quiet' mode is too quiet and cause this sound to be audible now.

to fellow toshiba fans, do you guys have any similar noise problem? :s12:
Is the sound like "hmmmm"?

mine also got this sound too when I lie on my bed. Than it wil also stop for some time n got the sound again. But this is normal ba. Cos copper pipe is rigid,so vibration wil travel ba.

My fan speed is auto speed,but the sound is very soft,so don tink wil affect yr slp ba.

Last edited:

terumo

Reaction score
The sound might be gas rushing through.
Sometimes, copper pipe slightly bent also will have this sound and will lead to condensation in future.
Condensation (sweating) is with the copper piping and not insulation as many people think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.