Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Status
Not open for further replies.

steven0608

Reaction score
I'm planning to get a Sharp Plasmacluster System 3 inverter for $2399 incl. gst.
Does anyone using this aircon? Is it good?
The SM offer me the blower 12k, 9k & 7k which roughly correspond to my room size.
Normally it is 7k for all 3 blower.

Thanks!

Hi,

I am also searching for sys 3 inverter and doing homework on various brands and model. May I know what is the BTU rating for your condenser unit ? 26000BTU or 28000BTU ?

Please advice.

dkuan88

Reaction score

chunlianghere

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hunting for air-con as well....system 3

look like in term of BTU for system 3 inverter, Mit has the highest 29000+BTU. Daikin, Panasonic, Toshiba around 25000+BTU condenser unit for sub 3k range with 9+9+12 setup.

Sale guy said that it is OK to have gas pipe bigger than specification, but not smaller. Is this true ?

Anyone can comments ?

Hi,

I am also searching for sys 3 inverter and doing homework on various brands and model. May I know what is the BTU rating for your condenser unit ? 26000BTU or 28000BTU ?

Please advice.
so u would like a 9+9+12k fcu setup?? if u wan to on all 3 together, than choose one which is near to 30k BTU..for example, this one is ok. http://coolserve.com.sg/htmdocs/products/products_details.asp?id=2206

n also choose those gd brand. like the one u mention it. little ppl use sharp, so dont recommend tat..

Last edited:

dkuan88

Reaction score
hi chunlianghere,

why little people use Sharp? i think they been around a long time.
I do notice there's no discussion on Sharp in this forum so i guess it's not that popular.
all i want fm my aircon is cool enough liao & not to buy overspec for our rooms.
In fact I've bought over the years Toshiba/Daikin/Panasonic/LG inverter.
I use to go for the highest spec eg system 4 compressor but 3 blowers only.
But we only switch on aircon only on the hottest/hazy months of the year so sayang lor.
we stay at high floor so it is cold during the rainy seasons.
also my kids are sensitive to dust hence the proven plasma feature, too cold then will have running nose.
so much for my ranting... wonder anyone in the same situation as me?

rahul49

Master Member
Reaction score
Generally how long does an aircon last?

I have bought a resale unit with 9year old aircon (same as age of flat).
It has 5 aircon outlets, 3 for each bedroom and 2 for living room. Not sure about BTU. The seller said that its working fine with no leaks. They service it every two years.

Now I am thinking whether I should change the aircon with rest of reno and avoid hassle in future. Or I should continue using till it fails on its own...

What do you suggest?
Do the aircon companies give any discount for "trade in" of existing working aircon.

chunlianghere

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi chunlianghere,

why little people use Sharp? i think they been around a long time.
I do notice there's no discussion on Sharp in this forum so i guess it's not that popular.
all i want fm my aircon is cool enough liao & not to buy overspec for our rooms.
In fact I've bought over the years Toshiba/Daikin/Panasonic/LG inverter.
I use to go for the highest spec eg system 4 compressor but 3 blowers only.
But we only switch on aircon only on the hottest/hazy months of the year so sayang lor.
we stay at high floor so it is cold during the rainy seasons.
also my kids are sensitive to dust hence the proven plasma feature, too cold then will have running nose.
so much for my ranting... wonder anyone in the same situation as me?
actually no need system 4.. as long as the total fcu btu is same as compressor btu, it is enough liao.

IMO, 9000btu for bedroom is jus nice.. is u say 9000btu is abit overspec, than i scare tat later it will take a longer time to cool the room if initial on.

so well, its up to u to decide. :)

Generally how long does an aircon last?

I have bought a resale unit with 9year old aircon (same as age of flat).
It has 5 aircon outlets, 3 for each bedroom and 2 for living room. Not sure about BTU. The seller said that its working fine with no leaks. They service it every two years.

Now I am thinking whether I should change the aircon with rest of reno and avoid hassle in future. Or I should continue using till it fails on its own...

What do you suggest?
Do the aircon companies give any discount for "trade in" of existing working aircon.
wa!! 2 for living room? wat brand? can take pic of everything? i wan c..:D:D

it depends la.. mine previous Fuji Electric system 2 still last for 9 years plus. no problem at all.

since u wan to reno, than change to new one lor. 9 years of age seems a very high chance of failing..

but it still up to u to decide. wait til it spoil than change new one also can.

steven0608

Reaction score
actually no need system 4.. as long as the total fcu btu is same as compressor btu, it is enough liao.

IMO, 9000btu for bedroom is jus nice.. is u say 9000btu is abit overspec, than i scare tat later it will take a longer time to cool the room if initial on.

so well, its up to u to decide. :)

it depends la.. mine previous Fuji Electric system 2 still last for 9 years plus. no problem at all.

since u wan to reno, than change to new one lor. 9 years of age seems a very high chance of failing..

Hi,
Agreed with Chun Liang, better changed together with reno...Dont like me, regret didnt do it during reno, now even wants to install air-con for the living room also have big issue. I have to cut holes here and there to lay piping.

Now, my air con for my 3 rooms have Gone (using for 9 years leow so problem comes), and planning to change a new set. Headache on the piping because to change piping, have to cut holes to lay pipe, very troublesome.

In summary, change NEW set together with piping....I kindest advice.

I have seek advice from bros here whether to change piping or not, and my decision is now clear.......CHANGED.

Thanks

rahul49

Master Member
Reaction score

Yes..the living room quite big. 6.25m x 6m. Last time I checked even 2 were hardly cooling the room. I still havent got possession of house, so cant check fully. Aircon is Fuji brand. Ideally how much BTU needed for this size living room?

rahul49

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi,
Agreed with Chun Liang, better changed together with reno...Dont like me, regret didnt do it during reno, now even wants to install air-con for the living room also have big issue. I have to cut holes here and there to lay piping.

Now, my air con for my 3 rooms have Gone (using for 9 years leow so problem comes), and planning to change a new set. Headache on the piping because to change piping, have to cut holes to lay pipe, very troublesome.

In summary, change NEW set together with piping....I kindest advice.

I have seek advice from bros here whether to change piping or not, and my decision is now clear.......CHANGED.

Thanks

Thanks for the advice. I am also seriously considering changing everything now. Better do it during reno. Dont have to go through hassle again..though it will be an extra cost right now ! Also the old aircon become yellow !! looks dirty. Hopefully can get some trade-in discount for old aircon..

How much extra does it cost to change piping?

chunlianghere

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yes..the living room quite big. 6.25m x 6m. Last time I checked even 2 were hardly cooling the room. I still havent got possession of house, so cant check fully. Aircon is Fuji brand. Ideally how much BTU needed for this size living room?
your new hse is new? or old hdb? which area?

18,000BTU is normally enough for living room.

Thanks for the advice. I am also seriously considering changing everything now. Better do it during reno. Dont have to go through hassle again..though it will be an extra cost right now ! Also the old aircon become yellow !! looks dirty. Hopefully can get some trade-in discount for old aircon..

last time in aug, Daikin got trade in promotion. tink is $300/$400 discount. now not sure.

haha...sure will yellow one ma. use so long liao. so u shld know wat to do after installing new aircon!:D

installation/new piping is included in the price one. go to www.coolserve.com.sg, u can get info there.

rahul49

Master Member
Reaction score
your new hse is new? or old hdb? which area?

18,000BTU is normally enough for living room.

Thanks for the info.
My unit is a 5 room in SengKang. 9 years old.

For my living size...26000BTU is recommended !!!
20ft X 20ft x 65 ......how???

Last edited:

terumo

Reaction score
Yr system 5 shld be Fujistu. 2 compressors. One serving 2 fcu, another serving 3 fcu.

chunlianghere

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info.
My unit is a 5 room in SengKang. 9 years old.

For my living size...26000BTU is recommended !!!
20ft X 20ft x 65 ......how???
i knw mine living room i measured is 18ft x 13.7ft. 18,000BTU for mine cools the living room very fast.

Yr system 5 shld be Fujistu. 2 compressors. One serving 2 fcu, another serving 3 fcu.
wow...wonder wats the 2 compressor btu is. :s8:

donno is there any info on this condenser unit hanging around in internet?

but nowadays very rare got system 5?

Last edited:

steven0608

Reaction score

Did some homework on different makes for your reference on sys 3 inverter:

a) Panasonic sys 3 inverter r410a
CU-3S27JKZ (25600BTU) compressor
CS-S9JKZW X2 (9000btu FAN UNIT)
CS-S12JKZW X1 (12000BTU FAN UNIT)
Cost $3220

b) Daikin sys 3 inverter R22
3MKD75DVM X1 (25590 BTU) compressor
FTKD25DVM X2 (8500 BTU FAN UNIT)
FTKD35DVM X1 (12000 BTU FAN UNIT)
Cost $3025

c) MIT sys 3 inverter r410a
MXY-3A28VA (30366 btu) compressor
MSXY-GA10VA X2 (9500btu FAN UNIT)
MSXY-GA13VA X1 (12000BTU FAN UNIT)
Cost $2963

d) Mit H sys 3 inverter r410a
SCM60ZG-S (25590BTU) compressor
SKM28ZG-S X2 (9553 BTU FAN UNIT)
SKM35ZG-S X1 (12000 BTU FAN UNIT)
Cost $2782

e) Toshiba sys 3 inverter r410a
RAS-3M20SACV (24000 BTU) compressor
RAS-M10SKCV X2 (9000 BTU FAN UNIT)
RAS-M13SKCV X1 (12000 BTU FAN UNIT)
Cost $2792

My opinion:
- Look like Panasonic and Daikin are among the most expensive still compressor btu only 25600BTU
- Mit sys 3 looks attractive

Any opinion please ?

chunlianghere

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Cost $3220

Cost $3025

Cost $2963

Cost $2782

Cost $2792

My opinion:
- Look like Panasonic and Daikin are among the most expensive still compressor btu only 25600BTU

Any opinion please ?
the above Daikin uses R22, thus cheaper, yet lesser maintenance n problem. now R410 still very exp in terms of gas itself. so would recommend using R22 system now.. although the total price is abit exp, but i tink its worth it. Daikin only makes aircon, i believe it shld be better than other manufacturer. not sure wats others opinion..

rahul49

Master Member
Reaction score

Cost $3220

Cost $3025

Cost $2963

Cost $2782

Cost $2792

My opinion:

Any opinion please ?

Thanks for digging out this info. Mitsubishi Electric looks good. I want super powerful blower in living. This model got much more power than others at similar price. Its also inverter type so should be electricity saving. Got any other catch?

Can you also tell me where you got this quote from? Includes installation?

steven0608

Reaction score
Thanks for digging out this info. Mitsubishi Electric looks good. I want super powerful blower in living. This model got much more power than others at similar price. Its also inverter type so should be electricity saving. Got any other catch?

Can you also tell me where you got this quote from? Includes installation?

Hi,
Go to web search under "coolserve"...it is a air-con company. All the quotes are for reference. In fact, you can get cheaper by $200+ outside BUT not sure what constraint they have. Treat it as a guildline for price between models and makes.

I did ask them to service my air con before, and their service is "very very good". I will buy my air-con from them if their prices are lower BUT, with all the additional cost eg. $100 to remove my old air-con etc. all-in-all, i need to pay an additional $300+ as compared to G...C..., so I go toward G...C.

Hope this help.

chunlianghere

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Living room photo on my reno blog...
wow...wat a BIG living room!

as u said tat recommended is 26,000btu for your living room. but from the above reference, tat is 12,000btu only. normally 12,000btu is for bigger bedroom.

actually i got a few suggestion to let u choose.

1) install back wit 2 fcu in living room. each 12,000btu, so total is 24,000btu. tink shld be able to cool the living room.

2) install only 1 fcu. since the living is big, tink u need 2.5Hp to 3Hp fcu..if u scare not able to cool the room fast, than get 3Hp.. but make sure the compressor able to provide the 3Hp fcu..(look at the btu)

3) install wit 2 condenser unit(provided enough space for 2 condenser unit). system4 for bedroom, system1 for living room. in this case, if u wan to whole hse to on aircon at same time, no problem one. for above 1 n 2, u only can on living room or bedroom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.