Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Status
Not open for further replies.

terumo

Reaction score
Did u tilt the cooling coil and take down the whole rotor and motor? For the ft25dvm...

To Bro Yuen08, ur previous post mentioned 13 degrees coming from the fancoil. Daikin product shld be no problem. It's more likely undersized...

chunlianghere

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Did u tilt the cooling coil and take down the whole rotor and motor? For the ft25dvm...

To Bro Yuen08, ur previous post mentioned 13 degrees coming from the fancoil. Daikin product shld be no problem. It's more likely undersized...
u mean to tilt the cooling coil than would be able to take out the fan motor? so to tilt at wat angle?

or does it require to take down the whole fcu?

or if didnt take down, need to remove the cooling coil b4 able to remove the fan motor?

so i was wondering wat was obstructing it ?

actually Yuen08 bro said "I dun think the air blow out is 13 degrees."

buzzmario

Reaction score
hi my hdb block has not been provided with higher electrical loading, thus when i chose the brand and type of air con unit, does it have a affect on it? like certain brand of air con too high power for my blk electrical loading etc?

thanks

chunlianghere

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi my hdb block has not been provided with higher electrical loading, thus when i chose the brand and type of air con unit, does it have a affect on it? like certain brand of air con too high power for my blk electrical loading etc?

thanks
u no need to worry about this.

u only need higher electrical loading when u r installing 2nd condenser unit.

terumo

Reaction score
U have to tilt the coil, unable to tell via words, hahaha. Diffcult to explain. Only know how to do.

buzzmario

Reaction score
u no need to worry about this.

u only need higher electrical loading when u r installing 2nd condenser unit.

hi, my flat is 30 year old and check in hbd web site, my blk is running at 8.5 A, so for panasonic system 3, it require a 11A, thus am i right to say even i install the panasonic, it will not attend this 8,530 x 3 Btu/hr as my blk max cap at 8.5 A?

Yuen08

Reaction score
Installation problem? Then how should we go about resolving this?
Change the piping? How much will that be and who is bearing this cost?

chunlianghere

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Installation problem? Then how should we go about resolving this?
Change the piping? How much will that be and who is bearing this cost?
yes...the problem shld be installation problem.

to resolve it, u hav to ask Natural Cool abt it. did u paid for installation(copper pipe, drainage pipe, insulation) the last time u made payment? if u hav paid for tat, n they didnt change to new one n use back old one, than they shld be responsible for this.

chunlianghere

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi, my flat is 30 year old and check in hbd web site, my blk is running at 8.5 A, so for panasonic system 3, it require a 11A, thus am i right to say even i install the panasonic, it will not attend this 8,530 x 3 Btu/hr as my blk max cap at 8.5 A?
tink for this, u hav to either has HDB abt it. or choose one which doesnt exceed 8.5A.

Daikin non-inverter, MA56EV1 is one example which uses max 7.6A.

terumo

Reaction score
He stated he reuse old piping, so he got to make additional payment. If your previous fancoil is ctk45 x 2 plus 3mk75fven. Then the piping size that ctk45 uses is 1 size smaller then Ft50. You got to change and upsize your pipe size, if not the Ft50 will be performing @ 12k btu not 16k btu cos of the smaller pipe size.

chunlianghere

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
He stated he reuse old piping, so he got to make additional payment. If your previous fancoil is ctk45 x 2 plus 3mk75fven. Then the piping size that ctk45 uses is 1 size smaller then Ft50. You got to change and upsize your pipe size, if not the Ft50 will be performing @ 12k btu not 16k btu cos of the smaller pipe size.
err...FT50 is 18K.. :D

Yuen08

Reaction score
My previous fancoil is an inverter but cannot remember what model.
Can the slightly smaller pipe size affect the performance significantly?
Anyone know the market price to redo the pipe? Worth doing it?
Have 2 babies at home so hacking can be quite tedious thing to do now.
The salesman from Natural Cool didn't tell me about the incorrect pipe size matter to performance.

bamzor

Reaction score
just replaced my 15 year old daikin aircon with panasonic system 3 inverter.

Cools the room much faster than before.. And blower is also much stronger. Very satisfied!

chunlianghere

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My previous fancoil is an inverter but cannot remember what model.
Can the slightly smaller pipe size affect the performance significantly?
Anyone know the market price to redo the pipe? Worth doing it?
Have 2 babies at home so hacking can be quite tedious thing to do now.
The salesman from Natural Cool didn't tell me about the incorrect pipe size matter to performance.
yes...it will affect the performance alot.

as the liquid going to the FCU will be slower due to the smaller diameter of gas return.. it can also means lesser colder provided to the FCU.

doesnt mean the saleman working at the aircon shop will know everything on aircon. n i tink he also didnt bother to ask about your old aircon n piping.. mayb he jus wan the money earned. tats all.:D

anyway, dont tink there wil be any hacking as the existing trucking/hole can be reused.

Yuen08

Reaction score
This is the piping to the compressor or to the units?
Who can do the re-piping? Natural Cool or Daikin or outside contractor?
How much i need to spend?

chunlianghere

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
This is the piping to the compressor or to the units?
Who can do the re-piping? Natural Cool or Daikin or outside contractor?
How much i need to spend?
from the compressor all the way to the unit..

to who can do the piping, Natural cool, Daikin's dealer, Coolserve.. they all can do the installation. but mayb u wan to call someone called "hockwang". he is the guy in the other thread which do cleaning of aircon. he also does installation too. really got alot of positive feedback.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.