Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Status
Not open for further replies.

tellim

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I just received my latest utilities bill for Oct to Nov. I was surprised the electricity consumption has dropped by half (892 to 384 kWh)! that is after I have installed the MHI inverter aircons.

As per the histogram in Singpower bill, during the mths (before Oct) when I was still using my old aircons, the electricty usage hover around 800 kWh +-.

This came as a surprise to my family as we always pay about $300 for utilities bill but for this mth, it is $170+. we will monitor the bill for next mth and see if the electrcity usage is maintain at 400kWh+-.

Last edited:

PsyNidE

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
I just received my latest utilities bill for Oct to Nov. I was surprised the electricity consumption has dropped by half (892 to 384 kWh)! that is after I have installed the MHI inverter aircons.

As per the histogram in Singpower bill, during the mths (before Oct) when I was still using my old aircons, the electricty usage hover around 800 kWh +-.

This came as a surprise to my family as we always pay about $300 for utilities bill but for this mth, it is $170+. we will monitor the bill for next mth and see if the electrcity usage is maintain at 400kWh+-.
what brand/model of aircon did u install to replace your old ones?

bamzor

Reaction score
gaia888,

It is extremely unlikely for 2 (3 if include panasonic compressor replacement) independent systems to fail one after another. I suspect the problem lies with installation.

gaia888

Reaction score
Hi Chunliang,

I have tested using 22 degree and auto fan speed on Tuesday, and Wednesday using back high fan speed again, but think no improvement. Yesterday heavy rain at my place so not that hot, so may not that accurate.

Hi Terumo,

I also hope that they can be joint inspection, but think their timing quite difficult to match and also think will it be good in this way.

Hi bamzor,

I did ask both agents (Panasonic and Mitsubishi) whether the installation have any problem, both said should be no as their check the gas presure, seem ok, no leaking. I think may be I am really bad luck!!

I already arrange appointment with Mitsubishi on Friday, see what they say first.

sj2six

Reaction score
Hey guys...I'm looking for a Single Split Non-inverter. I have tight budget, but I don't want some un-heard brands. I saw Carrefour selling a Samsung model at ard S$500+, but after adding the power point ($200) + stainless bracket ($150), it all adds up to $900+ close to $1K.

Any better recommendation?

john88

Reaction score
need advise

hi,

if upgrade to G22 pipe and the armaflex insulation, will the installers use both items everywhere or just use for certain area only?

thanks.

terumo

Reaction score
To Gaia888, u try to on all the units @ one time, close the windows and doors and after an hr, see if it's cold.

Yuen08

Reaction score
Per my bro-in-law, low fan works when all doors are closed.
The room is much cooler than putting max fan.
Need not upgrade aircon.
Thanks to Bro chunliang and Bro Terumo advice.

kenzomaz

Reaction score
Guys, on hand I got 2 quotation.. pls help to chip in your advises:

All Best: CU2C18EK @ $1299 c/w 5 yrs warranty including workmanship

Gain City Best: CU2C18JKZ @ $1627 c/w 3 yrs warranty including workmanship

Attach the comparison chart which I total got no ideal which one is better...
Appreciate your kind advices. Thanks

http://panasonic.com.sg/web/products/ProdCompResult.asp

jEFFpiLLow

Reaction score
hi all

will be sourcing out for LG inverter system 4 at imm today or tmr.
any kind advise or recommended shops at imm?
thanks in adv!

jEFFpiLLow

Reaction score
juz to share my quote from hong tar
i feel that they had over-quote cos my total floor area is only 1195sqft.
appreciate any comments. thx!

[1] To supply and install one set of “LG” 29,200 BTU multi split inverter 1 to3 aircon $3,600.00
M/N: A4UQ266/BMNC09/BMNC12/BMNC18
Note: Cooling capacity will be reduced when on 3 aircon together.

[2] To supply and install one set of “LG” 24,000 BTU single split non-inverter aircon $1,600.00
M/N: HSC2465 Location: Living Hall ------------
Total: $5,200.00

dwarfs8

Reaction score
panasonic / mitsubishi

wld like to ask which one is better and more energy saving? both are inverter models, but someone told me tat i nd to take note of the partial load too... for panasonic it's 2.12, which mitsubishi is higher, so is it true tat mit will be less energy saving?

also, i heard tat all inverter models are quiet, true?

someone pls enlight me before i get my first aircon set.

chunlianghere

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
wld like to ask which one is better and more energy saving? both are inverter models, but someone told me tat i nd to take note of the partial load too... for panasonic it's 2.12, which mitsubishi is higher, so is it true tat mit will be less energy saving?

also, i heard tat all inverter models are quiet, true?

someone pls enlight me before i get my first aircon set.
higher COP, higher energy savings.

yup..can like tat say. but also depends whether u can adapt to the quietness.:D

for me, i cannot slp at a totally quiet environment.

V.lee7373

Reaction score
Hong Tar Engineering

Hi, got a rude shock when I called Hong Tar in Enterprise Hub on Wed. Request 4 offer 2 replace my aircon. Quoted $2650 but bcos it concealed piping, the salesgirl inf they hv to make a visit to my plc. If I do not order frm them, they will charge me $30 for the sales call! State this is their policy and best I contact GainCity if I do not want to pay 4 sales visit. Ask to speak to her supervisor but "all r busy". Probably business too good. Contact GanCity - offer price $2140. Sales visit - no obligation. Sign with Gain City aft their salesguy visit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.