CFA Level 1 Preparation: Kaplan vs CFA Singapore vs Self-Study

revenant

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If you're discipline, self study.
If you have relevant background, self study.
If you're not discipline but have relevant background and they are still fresh, self-study.

There can be lots more combination which you need to tell us before we can narrow it down for you.

One general comment is that if you have finance background, almost 50% of the level 1 materials are just refresher.

ckone

Reaction score
thanks.. hmmm... sounds like level 1 self-study ok but so far see like many failed...

was thinking in terms of materials, lessons and time management.. like schweser vs stalla, frequency of classes, etc.

anyway have just signed up with cfa singapore, lessons mostly on sat mornings, more manageable for me.

tofuguy

Master Member
Reaction score
i have a degree in finance/ postgrad in relevant field. i did self-study for level 1 while doing my degree. No problem but must be disciplined.

Gambler.

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
is it true that for level 1 CFA, you don't need a degree to take the course right?

Unfairy

Reaction score
Hi, i have registered for this coming dec CFA lvl 1. Is it suffice just to rely on those books from the package of exam registration? Or is it wise to buy those study material from schweser, stalla those sort of study material?

revenant

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi, i have registered for this coming dec CFA lvl 1. Is it suffice just to rely on those books from the package of exam registration? Or is it wise to buy those study material from schweser, stalla those sort of study material?

Condensed notes are sufficient for level 1.

Gambler.

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
cant seem to find the dates, anyone knows when's the latest date to enroll for the dec lvl 1?

friendlyguy

Master Member
Reaction score
May I know how many pages of textbooks from CFAI level 1 textbook, book 1-5?? since it stated difference e book and printed around $60?

22 September
$405
+ $630 + eBook only $995
+ print only $1,055
+ eBook and print $1,085

revenant

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Order close liaoz, Actually was wondering if anyone got Schweser "Chiong" notes...

Theres no such thing as order close liao (For Schweser and Stalla notes)

May I know how many pages of textbooks from CFAI level 1 textbook, book 1-5?? since it stated difference e book and printed around $60?

22 September
$405
+ $630 + eBook only $995
+ print only $1,055
+ eBook and print $1,085

What you mean? Anyway, no need to be concern about the pages. Just study the notes for Level 1, they are enough.

friendlyguy

Master Member
Reaction score
Theres no such thing as order close liao (For Schweser and Stalla notes)

What you mean? Anyway, no need to be concern about the pages. Just study the notes for Level 1, they are enough.

I mean..e-book or printed one?? because the difference is US$60..If can print myself can save S$90?

revenant

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I mean..e-book or printed one?? because the difference is US$60..If can print myself can save S$90?

For Dec 09, theres about 1500 pages. Including those practice exams it would be around 2000 pages. Its probably cheaper if you print it yourself.

mandiang

Reaction score
Hi,

would like to know regarding the providers of CFA classes in singapore
between CFA Singapore and Kaplan

have attended Kaplan's preview talk and understand that their
class sizes are 150

Would like to know the class sizes and the experience of the lecturers/classroom environemnt/study methods/lesson structure of CFA singapore classes.

Also where are the CFA Singapore classes held ? At MAS ?

If anybody could answer the abouve questions, much appreciated.
Thanks! :)

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.