Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Status
Not open for further replies.

hugoboss1621

Reaction score
can anyone advice me what is the price to purchase Mitsubishi easy clean system 4 inverter so that would not get con by the air-con agents...

sentosaubin

Reaction score
8800 is ok IMO, mine is only 8550 if i remember correctly

ur room (non-MBR) is just the same as mine...

Seems a bit overkill using 8800BTU .. but for inverter air con, i guess it is okay
Yep.. the room is same as yours.... i guess for inverter air con, it is okay to use higher BTU so that it reach part load state faster...

currently, my LG non aircon inverter use 20kWh every night for 2 Fan-Coil... last time it uses only 10-12 during rainy day.. and 20 is possible during hot day...
but from what i observer, my compressor didn't have "turn-on and turn-off" anymore.. it run whole night, cold or hot....

Last edited:

chunlianghere

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

chunlianghere

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Seems a bit overkill using 8800BTU .. but for inverter air con, i guess it is okay
Yep.. the room is same as yours.... i guess for inverter air con, it is okay to use higher BTU so that it reach part load state faster...

currently, my LG non aircon inverter use 20kWh every night for 2 Fan-Coil... last time it uses only 10-12 during rainy day.. and 20 is possible during hot day...
but from what i observer, my compressor didn't have "turn-on and turn-off" anymore.. it run whole night, cold or hot....

wow..yr usage alot more than my non-inverter w/ 2 fan coil usage..

justluna

Reaction score
I reckon this is the "official" airconditioning thread. Would like to ask if anyone thought aircon-ing the living room is useless? Will it cost a lot in your bill more if you aircon the living room + 1 bedroom for say, 20 days in a month?

miyamew

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
www.coolserve.com.sg

for a bedroom size..8800 is jus nice.

but if the room is like storeroom size, than 8800 is abit overkill.

so mine inverter with 8550BTU is just nice hor?

the salesman said my room requires 11000-12000BTU :s31:

i told him doesnt matter, even if it takes that extra 5mins to fully cool down my room :s13:

i said i got budget means i got budget.... canot afford means canot afford :s13:

now i've been using it every night w/o fail for like 9hrs :eek: and weekends on it even during day time....

i wonder how much the bill would be....

chunlianghere

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I reckon this is the "official" airconditioning thread. Would like to ask if anyone thought aircon-ing the living room is useless? Will it cost a lot in your bill more if you aircon the living room + 1 bedroom for say, 20 days in a month?

where got useless.. depend on u ba..

chunlianghere

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
so mine inverter with 8550BTU is just nice hor?

the salesman said my room requires 11000-12000BTU :s31:

i told him doesnt matter, even if it takes that extra 5mins to fully cool down my room :s13:

i said i got budget means i got budget.... canot afford means canot afford :s13:

now i've been using it every night w/o fail for like 9hrs :eek: and weekends on it even during day time....

i wonder how much the bill would be....

if mbr is bigger than other bedroom, would suggest ~12000btu. else ~9000btu is jus nice.

sentosaubin

Reaction score
mine is not mbr thats why dont need such high BTU

make sure ur aircon BTU is not under power for ur room size, else it will take much longer to reach the set temperature, or even worst nvr reach....in that case, it defeats the purpose of inverter aircon, becos if ur room temperature cannot reach the set temperature, inverter cannot save u on the electricity...;););););)

actually if u see our room size (12 sqm), 9000 btu is more than enough. 12000 btu is overkill... typical MBR size is more than 20 sqm.. then 12000 btu will make sense

btw, one of the room size that I plan to put is only 6 sqm.. so 8800 btu is definitely overkill

sentosaubin

Reaction score

how much usage to you incur?
i'm not sure why my usage is so high.. i guess the aircon technician mess up my compressor that it doesn't have "turn on turn off" feature anymore..

mine is a 3 tick aircon.. it shouldn't consume that high unless there is some faulty issue.. i'm waiting for LG support to come to my place and fix it...

http://www.coolserve.com.sg/htmdocs/products/products_details.asp?id=1808

miyamew

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
actually if u see our room size (12 sqm), 9000 btu is more than enough. 12000 btu is overkill... typical MBR size is more than 20 sqm.. then 12000 btu will make sense

btw, one of the room size that I plan to put is only 6 sqm.. so 8800 btu is definitely overkill

Yup its all within ur budget.. like my case, the salesman keep saying 11000 BTU is the preferred one, but i insist on my stand that i have a budget to follow..

and the most impt thing is whether u mind that to on the extra 5-10mins to cool ur whole room or not...... (BTU plays a big part here, other than budget)

sentosaubin

Reaction score

Yup its all within ur budget.. like my case, the salesman keep saying 11000 BTU is the preferred one, but i insist on my stand that i have a budget to follow..

and the most impt thing is whether u mind that to on the extra 5-10mins to cool ur whole room or not...... (BTU plays a big part here, other than budget)

i think the sales is just pushing the product... 5 - 10 mins is very negligible.. just like the water heater...

miyamew

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Btw how often should i wash my filters?

It has been a month since installation....

sentosaubin

Reaction score
Btw how often should i wash my filters?

It has been a month since installation....

new aircon can last longer.. you can take your time to clean it every 4-6 month. If you live in heavy traffic area (more dust), you have to clean it more often.

miyamew

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
new aircon can last longer.. you can take your time to clean it every 4-6 month. If you live in heavy traffic area (more dust), you have to clean it more often.

for daily usage, recommended to wash every 2 weeks. doesnt mean new one no need wash.

i just wiped it with a damp cloth... wipe every single fin and i found out that my filter isn't dusty at all (ofcoz i inspect it with my naked eye lah) :s13:

then i wiped a little inside of the blower, and the lid (cover of the filter) and exterior....

Viera90

Reaction score
Hi guys i got some question.
Currently i have a system2 airconditioner already installed in 2/3 of my 4rm flat rooms. If i want to install an aircon to the remaining last room, is it mandatory to removed my current system 2 aircon and install a brand new system 3? Izzit possible to just get a separate system 1 aircon to addon?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.