Vpost? Borderlinx? Comgateway?

saggydog

Reaction score
Beware, CGW charged me GST even though the actual item value + my shipping costs paid to them less than $400. They use CIF (cargo+ insurance + freight) and have their own formula to calculate freight, and don't use the actual amount. Complained but they ignored me. I have stopped using them since.

I have done some calculation as long as your item is less then USD$274 you will not be charge 7% GST
They also provide repackaging for USD$10 or USD$7 for prim member (I have my package shipping wt reduce from 6.5KG to 4KG )

sinang

Reaction score
Borderlinx add closed on weekend?

hi

just ordered something from Ralph lauren and i used borderlinx in ohio to ship the stuff over here.

I tracked the shipment online (which was delivered to the boderlinx ohio on a saturday) and it says the following:

Customer not available or business closed

So i ask the borderlinx people and they said their store is not open on weekends. just wanna check if any one has encountered this situation before?

also do we need to inform them that we have a shipment that is expected to arrive at their address?

diu___

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
vpost is da best, if u can live with a litttle slow delivery

Heaven100

Reaction score
Have been searching someone to advise in the Internet but can't find some an answer that close to my worries.

I intend to ship a total worth of USD400 goods from one single US merchant via VPost.

I also read here that I could avoid been charge with GST if I break the package up to smaller ones that worth less than S$400 each.

Just wonder how I could do it?

Does that meant that I make multiple orders from the same merchant and make sure that each order CIF is less than S$400 so that I could avoid GST? But the total of all package will be still worth USD400.

If I can managed to break into 3 orders/packages to VPost US address. Will VPost sent it to Singapore as a single freight or 3 different freights?

Anyone care to share as this is the first time I'm doing it.

Many thanks in advance.

undised

Master Member
Reaction score
Have been searching someone to advise in the Internet but can't find some an answer that close to my worries.

I intend to ship a total worth of USD400 goods from one single US merchant via VPost.

I also read here that I could avoid been charge with GST if I break the package up to smaller ones that worth less than S$400 each.

Just wonder how I could do it?

Does that meant that I make multiple orders from the same merchant and make sure that each order CIF is less than S$400 so that I could avoid GST? But the total of all package will be still worth USD400.

If I can managed to break into 3 orders/packages to VPost US address. Will VPost sent it to Singapore as a single freight or 3 different freights?

Anyone care to share as this is the first time I'm doing it.

Many thanks in advance.

The answer is yes.

bojangle

Reaction score
1. Do note that S$400 is inclusive of shipping charge from Vpost. If your package is big (e.g. merchant items S$330, Vpost S$80) you still need to pay GST for $410.

2. Yes, if 3 packages, Vpost will ship to Sin as 3 packages with 3 different charges. They will not consolidate as 1, but you need to pay only 1 base charge of S$13.40.

Heaven100

Reaction score
Many thanks for your kind advices.

I have just made an order. Wait for tomorrow to make another one. I heard from a friend I can only make an order each day if I will to get multiple orders from a single merchant.

I am following her advice. Not sure if anyone could help to verify if this is too kia si step.:s22:

bojangle

Reaction score
there are hundreds of merchants online, if you never mention who they are, doubt anyone can advice as different merchant different shipping pattern.

Aleksandr

Master Member
Reaction score
hi

just ordered something from Ralph lauren and i used borderlinx in ohio to ship the stuff over here.

I tracked the shipment online (which was delivered to the boderlinx ohio on a saturday) and it says the following:

Customer not available or business closed

So i ask the borderlinx people and they said their store is not open on weekends. just wanna check if any one has encountered this situation before?

also do we need to inform them that we have a shipment that is expected to arrive at their address?

Ralph lauren uses fedex which delivers on Saturday. Borderlinx is a Monday to Friday business... Usually Fedex will try again on Monday.

zax13

Reaction score
1. Do note that S$400 is inclusive of shipping charge from Vpost. If your package is big (e.g. merchant items S$330, Vpost S$80) you still need to pay GST for $410.

2. Yes, if 3 packages, Vpost will ship to Sin as 3 packages with 3 different charges. They will not consolidate as 1, but you need to pay only 1 base charge of S$13.40.

Hi guys need to ask about this gst thing. If i have the promotion code for free shipping and the items ordered mounted to $380 without shipping will i still be charged for gst?

undised

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi guys need to ask about this gst thing. If i have the promotion code for free shipping and the items ordered mounted to $380 without shipping will i still be charged for gst?

which forwarder are you talking about that gives you full waiver on shipping?

vpost, cgw or borderlinx?

undised

Master Member
Reaction score
vpost with ocbc credit card promo

the so called "free shipping" for 1st time vpost user is up to a max of $20 shipping discount only, so from there you can calculate the total amount payable (CIF) which has to be <= $400 to avoid GST.

red_december

Reaction score
hey guys i have a quick question. i wanan get smth from tiffany and co but it's only sold in USA and not in sg. is it advisable for me to order and ship it to singapore using vpot or comgateway?

iMbEst

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i think i just missed the 50% off shipping promotion :(

Anyway, vPost doesn't really charge cheaper leh....

I have a pracel with dimension 40"x24"x17" vPost is more ex than borderlinx & comgateway woh.

IntelFlash

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
if you use vpost and split it below 400 to avoid gst. You save on the gst, but you pay more to vpost due to higher volume weight and on those not utilised weight in each parcel. It's the same thing. One thing for sure is you use more time.

Laneige

Honorary Member
Reaction score
they don't but you have to forward them invoice. The reason why the rest open is to take the invoice inside See,
i think

no they check what u buy. their main concern
i have the invoice outside they also open up. then there's a plastic bag inside, they also tear it up to see then retape with the borderlinx sticker.

Laneige

Honorary Member
Reaction score
btw annyone has any code for borderlinx now. Only have 1 item for shipping ..3kg+ after fuel surcharge shipping is SGD40. getting more n more expensive :s27:

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.