EDMW Knife Collectors

grenharware

Reaction score
WAh nice collection of Bark Rivers! Love the Bravo 1's, especially the one in Ghost Jade G10!!

The Bravo neckers are quite cute also.

Spurgears

Reaction score
After checking the USPS tracking website and doing some guesstimation, today I went home during lunch break hoping for the postman to come! And he did! :D

My BRKT PSK in stainless! Dunno why somehow I'm liking these natural/stabalised wood handles more and more!
Took some quickie iphone shots.. forgive the low res and blurry pics.. took in a rush cos lunch break is almost over ;P
Pictured next to my BRKT little creek and my unfinished firesteel handle I've been trying to carve! :o:o

Next box is my Boker Pocket Bowie! Nice little blade! Ordered a Buck Smidgen too since it was very cheap! Pictured together with the bravo necker 1 for scale!
smallfixed.jpg

Current BRKT Collection :( with a condor nessmuk.
brkt.jpg

Thinking of selling some to fund a seiko frankenmonster.. :s27:

Bro Viix, if you have plans to sell your bravo 1 with wood handle, let me know ok :)

BTW this piece is A1 or the CPM154 steel eh... ?

viix

Master Member
Reaction score
Took a second look and it seems slightly smaller... is it a Gunny model?

It's the 154cm bravo 1.. Perspective makes it look smaller.. That one is in bocote but I have no intention to sell that pair as I'm trying to build a piggy set of the 154 bravo 1 and cts40 little creek. Left the firesteel which I'm to busy to finish~
In fact I'm trying to keep it as a set.. the a1 bravo and bravo necker 2 in ghost jade.. An esee 6 and izula..
Only the a1 drop point skinner in camel bone is lonely awaiting the next run of Canadian special in 3v to start as I've already preordered it in the same stabalised camel bone handles.. :o

Last edited:

viix

Master Member
Reaction score
WAh nice collection of Bark Rivers! Love the Bravo 1's, especially the one in Ghost Jade G10!!

The Bravo neckers are quite cute also.

How's your convex sharpening coming along?
I've used my ghost jade b1 and had to sharpen it and only manage push cut sharpness on strops.. never shaving sharp.. I'm using the ems sharpening block I got from JRE. After hitting the 2k sandpaper, I instead use the UF rods on the sharpmaker then hone on leather and it can finally shave my arm hair~ sharpening is actually very therapeutic!

Spurgears

Reaction score
It's the 154cm bravo 1.. Perspective makes it look smaller.. That one is in bocote but I have no intention to sell that pair as I'm trying to build a piggy set of the 154 bravo 1 and cts40 little creek. Left the firesteel which I'm to busy to finish~
In fact I'm trying to keep it as a set.. the a1 bravo and bravo necker 2 in ghost jade.. An esee 6 and izula..
Only the a1 drop point skinner in camel bone is lonely awaiting the next run of Canadian special in 3v to start as I've already preordered it in the same stabalised camel bone handles.. :o

Wow Bro Viix, to me the CPM154 Bravo1 are high end knives! You have a really good collections !! :)

All of mine are lower to middle range production knives hahaha.

I just received my Buck/TOPS CSAR-T yesterday. It's ATS34 heat treated by Paul Bos

Spurgears

Reaction score
Just got my Buck/TOPS CSAR-T yesterday. Here's the pic

DSCF0183.jpg

Its ATS-34 heat treated by Paul Bos

DSCF0188.jpg

fireal

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
smallfixed.jpg

what is the arrow heads on the left? i rike!!
customs will checky that one?

viix

Master Member
Reaction score
Wow Bro Viix, to me the CPM154 Bravo1 are high end knives! You have a really good collections !! :)

All of mine are lower to middle range production knives hahaha.

I just received my Buck/TOPS CSAR-T yesterday. It's ATS34 heat treated by Paul Bos

I won't consider bark river high end considering there are the super expensive custom forgers/makers out there using the new super steels. But for semi production/custom like brkt, there are quite value for money, especially considering the various handle options out there. Plus factor the thickness of their steel stock compared to folders, dollar to steel ratio is similar if not better.

I find that the brkt really nail it in the chopping department with their thick convex blade geometry (esp the b1) even when they are hardened slightly lower than other knife makers! But if they make thin knives, I would recommend avoiding them (just like the prev thinner PSK, but their current 2010 one is so far holding up well!). I'm looking forward to try their knives in s35vn or 3v.

what is the arrow heads on the left? i rike!!
customs will checky that one?

It's the ESEE ah1. It's 2.5 inch.
Yup, ICA stop my first shipment to check but A&E classified as survival item when I enquired through email. So just show email and I collected straight away. the second shipment it went straight to my mailbox.

Last edited:

grenharware

Reaction score
How's your convex sharpening coming along?
I've used my ghost jade b1 and had to sharpen it and only manage push cut sharpness on strops.. never shaving sharp.. I'm using the ems sharpening block I got from JRE. After hitting the 2k sandpaper, I instead use the UF rods on the sharpmaker then hone on leather and it can finally shave my arm hair~ sharpening is actually very therapeutic!

Still quite bad at convex sharpening. I got the knife strop and compound from knivesshipfree. Using it to sharpen my Fallkniven S1. Like you I can't get shaving sharp yet just by the strop. :s8: Might want to pick up the small Fallkniven diamond sharpener (or some diamond sharpener).

But it's sharp enough for me to shave on a few passes and cuts meat and veggies quite easily so no complains! :D

CrumplerTM

Reaction score
Any one know if anywhere in Sg sells 550 paracord? I am looking to get some and reading through this thread suggest that places like supplycaptain.com sells
authentic 550. If sg doesnt have, any one want to share shipping? Its about 60usd shipping alone for 2 x 1000ft of 550 and each 1000ft 550 cord is 48 usd. I will be getting 1 x 1000ft, so if anyone interested let me know.

viix

Master Member
Reaction score
Any one know if anywhere in Sg sells 550 paracord? I am looking to get some and reading through this thread suggest that places like supplycaptain.com sells
authentic 550. If sg doesnt have, any one want to share shipping? Its about 60usd shipping alone for 2 x 1000ft of 550 and each 1000ft 550 cord is 48 usd. I will be getting 1 x 1000ft, so if anyone interested let me know.

So much paracord? I have order quite alot of paracord from supply captain in 100 ft spools and 10x100ft never cost more than 25usd..

Unless you need it in an uncut spool of 1000ft, why not just order 10 qty of 100ft.
What colors and length are you looking at? I still have plenty of cord in some colors that I can sell ya, but I'll need to check..

1000ft is a lot, I've just only finish my 2nd spool of 100 ft after tying quite abit of stuff over the last year and yet to move to the rest of the cords..

CrumplerTM

Reaction score
So much paracord? I have order quite alot of paracord from supply captain in 100 ft spools and 10x100ft never cost more than 25usd..

Unless you need it in an uncut spool of 1000ft, why not just order 10 qty of 100ft.
What colors and length are you looking at? I still have plenty of cord in some colors that I can sell ya, but I'll need to check..

1000ft is a lot, I've just only finish my 2nd spool of 100 ft after tying quite abit of stuff over the last year and yet to move to the rest of the cords..

Hi Viix, thanks for your advice, my idea is to wack the most and not have to spend any more on the shipping for a long time. btw how did u manage to get 10x100ft at slightly more than 25usd ? Cause using the price shown on the site its 7 usd for 100ft and if 10 of them should be 70 usd? Am I missing something?

nathaliebowen

Reaction score
I just watched Lifestyle channels. May I know if the knives they are selling are really good or is it just publicity?

viix

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi Viix, thanks for your advice, my idea is to wack the most and not have to spend any more on the shipping for a long time. btw how did u manage to get 10x100ft at slightly more than 25usd ? Cause using the price shown on the site its 7 usd for 100ft and if 10 of them should be 70 usd? Am I missing something?

I meant the shipping. Not the price of the cord. If you buy it in 1000ft spool, they come in a large coiled roll and shipping it will cost more (55USD). I was instead recommeding you to get 10x100ft, it will be cheaper to ship, though the cost of paracord is $7 per 100 ft, you have more options of colors..

Any body bought in large type survival knives in before. Beoing the ESEE Junglas :D

Junglas is hugh, I only have the esee6 and I find that should be the max size for chopping.. FWIW, anything larger, a machete would be better and less fatiguing.. but the Junglas is indeed one mean looking knife, short of the battle mistress :s22:

Last edited:

CrumplerTM

Reaction score
I meant the shipping. Not the price of the cord. If you buy it in 1000ft spool, they come in a large coiled roll and shipping it will cost more (55USD). I was instead recommeding you to get 10x100ft, it will be cheaper to ship, though the cost of paracord is $7 per 100 ft, you have more options of colors..

Oh thanks for the recommendation, btw do you know of any local knife community (ie. trading/buy sell)? Also any recommendation of a sharpening service?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.