The Hair Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryoshi

Master Member
Reaction score
The Hair Thread

This thread is created for forumers to provide tips and tricks on maintaining a good hairstyle as well as hair-care.

After i came back from Japan a week ago, I've concluded that their hair is really not over-hyped, it is a fact that in 10 people on the street, 8 of them have great hairstyles.
A great and attractive outlook does not only depends on how you dress, a good hairstyle plays a very important role too.
In Singapore, i've noticed a lot of people tends to neglect putting an effort to take a step further in styling their hair, common style and texture can be seen everywhere. Example for females, rebonded hair is so common here unlike over there, where finding a person with simple type/fully rebonded hair is such a pain.
After observing for some time, i found out that texture is extremely important. Different kinds of styles requires a certain texture. It is defined as dry, wet, oily and frizzly. If you match your style with the wrong texture, you're pretty screwed.

So you may ask how do someone changes his/her hair texture? It concerns several factors:

- Personal Hair-care
- Shampoo/Conditioner
- Styling Wax/Clay/Cream/Gel
- Styling Spray
- Hair color

You might find most factors on the list above is exactly the same as the factors that affect one's hairstyle. You're right. From this, Texture = 50% of your hairstyle. The other 50% concerns about the haircut, the form and shape.

Remember, hairstyles are international trends. Same for food, some people prefer sashimi over fish n chips and vice versa. For example, amercian hairstyles tend to be more glossy and neat type. Japanese having matte texture and twists at ends. Whereas for china is towards frizzly hair. Malaysia girls love to have straight fringes and frizzly at the back whereas Singapore girls likes rebonded hair.
Therefore, opinions can vary so don't take it to heart. The more the merrier, it can show you how some opinions can differentiate from each and every person.

Those who visit the long gatsby thread in edmw can migrate over here since its much easier to navigate for new users.

Posting of pictures of hairstyle is greatly encouraged as it will help alot in defining texture and form of your hair.

Thanks and enjoy your stay here! :)

Loti_Kopi

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi all, today i rebonded my fringe and now my hair very stiff and the ends looks frizzy which i find it very ugly... is this normal? My hair looks totally fked.... :(

PS: This is my first time rebonding.

itsmee

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i heard rebond liao canot wash for few days rite?

Studded

Reaction score
1st day rebond you will find it weird. After few days will get use to it.

Loti_Kopi

Master Member
Reaction score
1st day rebond you will find it weird. After few days will get use to it.

But i mean the hair is like dam ugly... and i can't even comb it to another direction? This is normal? The ends are frizzed up too... :(

Studded

Reaction score
But i mean the hair is like dam ugly... and i can't even comb it to another direction? This is normal? The ends are frizzed up too... :(

Should be normal bah.. cause i seen my friend rebond his whole hair 1st day look very straight and flat (abit of frizzy ends). Few days later look much better and straight. Think you should try and wait a few more days.

Loti_Kopi

Master Member
Reaction score
Should be normal bah.. cause i seen my friend rebond his whole hair 1st day look very straight and flat (abit of frizzy ends). Few days later look much better and straight. Think you should try and wait a few more days.

Hopefully... now look like some bang which i cant comb it in any direction which looks dam bad.

yzxcyzxc

Banned
Reaction score
Hi all, today i rebonded my fringe and now my hair very stiff and the ends looks frizzy which i find it very ugly... is this normal? My hair looks totally fked.... :(

PS: This is my first time rebonding.

its gonna be weird if you just rebonded your fringe. why so? cos the other part of your hair looks curly while your fringe appears totally straight.

as for the frizzy part, either your salon didnt do a good job or they didnt trim your fringe for you.

Loti_Kopi

Master Member
Reaction score
its gonna be weird if you just rebonded your fringe. why so? cos the other part of your hair looks curly while your fringe appears totally straight.

as for the frizzy part, either your salon didnt do a good job or they didnt trim your fringe for you.

My hair isn't really curly so the stylist just recommend me to rebond fringe to make it less frizzy and manageable but now my hair become very stiff ( can't move it and frizz abit at end ).

Oh well i will just have to wait and see...

Dwichiesa

Reaction score
I think 2-3 days should be alrite by then... otherwise go back to the salon and ask?

My hair isn't really curly so the stylist just recommend me to rebond fringe to make it less frizzy and manageable but now my hair become very stiff ( can't move it and frizz abit at end ).

Oh well i will just have to wait and see...

skywander

Reaction score
Hi, sidetrack a bit. Anyone knows where Tsuji-san from Komachi Haircult went? I've been a regular of hers for the past few years and I knew she was leaving the salon, but forgot to get her new place and number before then. Any help is appreciated!

arcturuz

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi, sidetrack a bit. Anyone knows where Tsuji-san from Komachi Haircult went? I've been a regular of hers for the past few years and I knew she was leaving the salon, but forgot to get her new place and number before then. Any help is appreciated!

wow tsuji gone?

so sad, the saloon going downhill

missed those days where i go find maeda for cuts @ liat towers

xXboxXx

Reaction score
Hey any recommendations of salons for dying hair ? I need to dye it tonight as I have 2 events tmr ! arghhh help please.. preferrably at vivo or town area.

siandiaoz

Reaction score
went to glitz hair salon and i must say their service is excellent-! had a haircut by baby....
it is definitely a warm and friendly place to get ur haircut, and she is a great friend!

highly recommended !!! to add on: she is funny, pretty and SLIM!

lol

OtahSeller

Reaction score

if im not wrong, she went to appollo centre

jeepers

Master Member
Reaction score
Anyone knows where I can get Bumble and Bumble products besides Changi Terminal 3?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.