The Contact Lenses Thread

sputnikmoment

Reaction score
Yeah its astig lens. Took about 30 mins plus to become clear. How to tell if its correct angle rotation? Also, is it alright for my soft lens to be folded in half when soaking in case?

n0va_jason

Reaction score
Yeah its astig lens. Took about 30 mins plus to become clear. How to tell if its correct angle rotation? Also, is it alright for my soft lens to be folded in half when soaking in case?

just open it up, doesn't take more than 3 seconds to solve the problem of it being folded in half :s13:

If u hold up your lens, there should be a short line on the edge of it. At first look it looks like a scratch, but it isn't. By right, that short line should be at the bottom when u insert the lens into your eye. So technically u rotate the lens on your fingertip till it's at the bottom. However, it doesn't really matter cause that short line marks the heavier end, as I have mentioned previously, and hence after a few times of blinking it should rotate into the proper position with the short line on the bottom, even if it was on the top when u insert it in. The proper position will be the perfect eyesight for you, whereas if the line is somewhere else, your vision will be blurred.

imo, 30mins plus is far too long for it to become clear unless it's like your 1st few times wearing. if it has been at least 5 days or maybe a week since you've started, I really recommend you ask your optician since it will be troublesome in the near future if you are near blind in the 1st 30mins :s13:

108288main_contact.jpg

see the short line towards the right of the lens? that's the line i'm referring to

Last edited:

EmPtYsOuLz

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
holy smokes i nvr knew about the significance of the "scratch" line and the heavier "weight" of the lens

all along i've attributed it to my eyes adjusting to the lens lol

n0va_jason

Reaction score
holy smokes i nvr knew about the significance of the "scratch" line and the heavier "weight" of the lens

all along i've attributed it to my eyes adjusting to the lens lol

i holiday work part-time at specs shop one so i know this kinda stuff LOL

usually after a few blinks the lens will rotate properly, which is your 'eyes adjusting to the lens' :D

warhunter

Reaction score
i holiday work part-time at specs shop one so i know this kinda stuff LOL

usually after a few blinks the lens will rotate properly, which is your 'eyes adjusting to the lens' :D

yea this is correct. the lens will center itself. but by placing the marking in the correct alignment hasten this process and vision gets stabilised faster.

warhunter

Reaction score

this should be a fitting problem. get your optometrist to check the lens fitting. Usually for a astig lens to stabilise on the eyes it would take around <10s. 30min could mean that after wearing the lenses for that duration it sort of dries and stabilise on the eye

rainbowbeans75

Reaction score
share your cheap cheap lobangs for contact lenses here! got any place selling cheap contact lenses to recommend?? :s22: :s22:

currently i'm using Acuvue define at $44 per box when the retail price for that is $61. u go google about EyeLookGood. That's where i get my lenses from. During normal working days i use Acuvue clear which is $28 for 3 months. So it's really good deal there.

bewarehee

Reaction score
Hi everyone, need some help here. What is the maximum degree than astimagitism contacts lens come with disposable one? Mine is 400, but my optometrist said that there is no disposable contacts for astimagistism contacts. And is there anyway to get color contacts for astimagitism?

b0ib0ii

Reaction score
hey guys, anyone using 1 day acuvue TRUEYE contact lens?

How much does it cost. I've been using monthly contact lens and feel like changing to daily/bi-weekly due to my dryness of my eyes.

What do you think about it? I got a pair of 1 day Acuvue TRUEYE from my optician for me to try it out. But for daily contacts, the price will be slightly higher right?

How about bi-weekly?

thegardens3b

Master Member
Reaction score
hey guys, anyone using 1 day acuvue TRUEYE contact lens?

How much does it cost. I've been using monthly contact lens and feel like changing to daily/bi-weekly due to my dryness of my eyes.

What do you think about it? I got a pair of 1 day Acuvue TRUEYE from my optician for me to try it out. But for daily contacts, the price will be slightly higher right?

How about bi-weekly?

Cost wise might vary across different optical shops. Daily is definitely recommended if you have dry eyes, however the only reason why people don't choose that option is due to the cost. So for you, bi-weekly would be a better option if you are concerned. Hope this helps.

b0ib0ii

Reaction score
Cost wise might vary across different optical shops. Daily is definitely recommended if you have dry eyes, however the only reason why people don't choose that option is due to the cost. So for you, bi-weekly would be a better option if you are concerned. Hope this helps.

So if compare to daily and bi-weekly cost wise. which is more cheaper?

Do you have any price range?

Goolio

Master Member
Reaction score
can go any specs outlet and ask for trial pairs is it? feel like trying other brands instead of acuvue.

thegardens3b

Master Member
Reaction score
So if compare to daily and bi-weekly cost wise. which is more cheaper?

Do you have any price range?

Price range no but obviously bi weekly is cheaper la.
can go any specs outlet and ask for trial pairs is it? feel like trying other brands instead of acuvue.

from retail point of view of course not. just go back to the usual place where you get your contacts from and ask them. higher chances then going to ANY shop and ask. :s13:

Goolio

Master Member
Reaction score
thats what i thought also. sad thing is seldom buy at the same place. feel like trying biomedics and B&L ones. anyone using biomedics 38? in aircon condition will feel dry or not?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.