Vpost? Borderlinx? Comgateway?

the_dog

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Oh sorry you are quite right. I was distracted by the Borderlinx c@ck-up over the weight of my last package and the number 2kg stuck in my mind. I had 3 packages in the shipment and total weight was 5.6kg.

Anyway Borderlinx has done it again, DHL informed me that out of my 3 packages in my shipment, only 1 is with them.

arcadefire

Reaction score
Oh sorry you are quite right. I was distracted by the Borderlinx c@ck-up over the weight of my last package and the number 2kg stuck in my mind. I had 3 packages in the shipment and total weight was 5.6kg.

Anyway Borderlinx has done it again, DHL informed me that out of my 3 packages in my shipment, only 1 is with them.

Mine is about $65, CGW, for 7kg (total of 2 packages) after 5% discount :( Any other card promo ah? Other than Mastercard...

AngryPiglet

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Mine is about $65, CGW, for 7kg (total of 2 packages) after 5% discount :( Any other card promo ah? Other than Mastercard...

Yours ish cheap liao...

Look at mine. Shipping using Borderlinx

Even with 15% citiglobe shopper discount code...
I still have to pay $73 for a volumetric weight of 8.74kg for 2 items.
I really don't know how the hell Amazon does the packaging.

Both items combined has a dead weight of less than 2.5kg only ! :mad:

I may consider using CWG for next purchase. :s27:

IBr2e.jpg

arcadefire

Reaction score
Yours ish cheap liao...

Look at mine. Shipping using Borderlinx

Even with 15% citiglobe shopper discount code...
I still have to pay $73 for a volumetric weight of 8.74kg for 2 items.
I really don't know how the hell Amazon does the packaging.

Both items combined has a dead weight of less than 2.5kg only ! :mad:

I may consider using CWG for next purchase. :s27:

IBr2e.jpg

Woah, you are right :/ Mine was 2.5kg, but still not as bad as yours. But based on my exp, usually Amazon not bad at packing one what. LOL.

ahbard

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi, for those that use borderlinx, how long will the wait be for them to update once the shipment has delivered to the us add.

dennlv

Reaction score
Hi, for those that use borderlinx, how long will the wait be for them to update once the shipment has delivered to the us add.

From experience quite fast, like once they receive your goods.

Shipped out from my US address expect delivery in 2-3 working days.

sohownow

Reaction score
Whoop I just got an email from UPS that my package has arrived at my US address. Haven't gotten an email from CGW yet... Any idea if CGW forwarding services work on weekends? Hopefully shipping won't cost that much. It's pretty light, 1.4lbs.

touchme

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Woah, you are right :/ Mine was 2.5kg, but still not as bad as yours. But based on my exp, usually Amazon not bad at packing one what. LOL.
Not really, few years ago, I ordered a compact cam, half-shoe box size, Amazon packed with airbags and foam to double shoebox size, very tulan, pay US$35 (vpost) for it..this time, i instructed under gift-wrapping: no foam, no airbags, still give me some, 3/4 shoebox size..under 1 kg charge. $13 after discount.

arcadefire

Reaction score
Anyone with experience shipping from Kate Spade (or any other branded websites) through CGW?

Hyori

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
btw was thinking of shipping a earphone over... will it be ex to just ship there? borderlinx fine?

Spongy

Master Member
Reaction score
For me Borderlinx has always been the most trouble-free, until a recent incident. I had ordered 2 down vests from Lands End and shipped them to Borderlinx. Borderlinx assessed the package as a whopping 18.7kg !:eek: Shipping for this single box alone was US$110 !

I had to chase them via email and live chat for over a week to get them to measure the box again. Finally they sent me an email to say it has been updated, but no explanation or apology. The new weight now ? 2kg.

I had the same problem with Borderlinx as well where a single DVD weighs 12kg+. I have to chase them for more than a week before they corrected it.

Spongy

Master Member
Reaction score
Just to share my personal experience with ComGateway. Their service is really bad.

First of all, it takes ages (10-15 mins) to get in touch with their customer service through live chat. Once it is my turn, it takes them 2-3 mins to respond to each of my questions.

Secondly, I paid the premium to have the product delivered to me through 'express delivery' which they claimed in their website that it takes 3-4 days to deliver to me. Well I made the payment on the 8th January and only received the tracking number today (12th Jan)!!! The estimate delivery date is 18th January!!!!

I'll sure blacklist this company for future purchase.

I have the same prob too and in addition, they will just terminate your chat if you pose difficult questions for them to answer. I manged to get their phone number when my package was lost (you can search my post to get the number) and I was told that I can't get back my GST! I argued and they refunded eventually, in total.

dennlv

Reaction score
btw was thinking of shipping a earphone over... will it be ex to just ship there? borderlinx fine?

If the US merchant will ship direct to you, try checking how much it cost. From there, if including shipping, the total cost is still acceptable, dont ship to Borderlinx, CGW, vpost, etc... as you run the risk of dimension weight as many bros here has been posting warning about.

For me, I know about the dimension weight issue but still shipped to Borderlinx thinking the consolidation of a few items would bring down the shipping cost, boy was I wrong. Shipping cost end up to be more than 50% of my purchases, now I hope my items cost and the shipping which is in USD dont adds up to be beyong S$400 and be subjected to GST...

edit: btw the borderlinx calculator does not includes fuel surcharge which can adds up. For me shipping direct has the cheaper shipping cost.

Last edited:

ownmemoneyty

Master Member
Reaction score
PLEASE HELP ME!!!
Vpost or CGW?

i wanted to buy earphones(1Kg-2Kg, volume weight about the same) from amazon and not sure which one is cheaper.

Have a few other questions:
1)when Vpost and CGW loses the things, do they replace/refund?
2) Vpost only post out the things at Friday as in Singapore Time right? How much is the chances of Vpost losing things?
3)Which is more reliable for 1KG-2Kg
4)Any chances that the things will be damaged during the transporting by both CGW and Vpost?

Thanks if advance for replies,
Sorry :( first time buying, unsure of everything

Last edited:

codexboy

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i have 2 packages, each worth arnd 200+ usd...if i ship them via CGW together, will gst apply? anyone with experience?

Alpha_Hippo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Be careful of comgateway. I ordered an item with a 5lbs weight. The shipping fee from the merchant from US to me via USPS Priority International is only US $43.95. Whereas , Comgateway want to charge me US $90 for shipping fee. How Absurb is that.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.