Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Status
Not open for further replies.

funkybabe

Reaction score
My friend has a Panasonic. After a while, it gave away some smell. Terrible smell.

By the way, Mitsubishi will also give away some smell and it is not so easy to clean, contrary to what Jack Neo said in the Mitsubishi TV advertisement.

funkybabe

Reaction score
Forget about the korean brands, nightmare will start after two years. Panasonic....errr Looks like Daikin will be a good bet.

Daikin should be a good buy. No wonder, it is so expensive but guess it is worth it. Only a hundred plus difference.

kingcobra

Reaction score
One reason that i can think of why Courts duh sell Daikin.
Daikin equipment price is expensive compared to others.
Check out Courts promo, always promo for Samsung/LG/Panasonic.[/QUOTE

Daikin is slightly more expensive. if it is really that good, maybe can save on maintenance cost.

terumo

Reaction score
If a Brand is good, it will save u some $ on repair as a good brand doesnt break down that often.
For maint wise, i feel that all brands will still need to be serviced, just that how often u need to service it, depending on your usage.

my6600

Reaction score
Whah my6600, sight if only you have written earlier. maybe I should trade in for a daikin after this years' bonus.
i nvt trust pxnx, a lot of ppl still choose it becos of the reputation of nxtionxl brand last time. but the quality of p and n now are not the same...

my6600

Reaction score
If a Brand is good, it will save u some $ on repair as a good brand doesnt break down that often.
For maint wise, i feel that all brands will still need to be serviced, just that how often u need to service it, depending on your usage.

yes, a lot of ppl choose cost over quality for the sake of savings the initial peanuts, but regreted and costed them bomb after sale

limster

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
By the way, Mitsubishi will also give away some smell and it is not so easy to clean, contrary to what Jack Neo said in the Mitsubishi TV advertisement.

I have Mitsubishi system 4 + system 2 (total 6 units). Easy to clean and no smell? If the room is so dirty that there is mould/bacteria growing inside your aircon, don't blame the brand of aircon.

Anyway, some of the Mitsubish units have a 'clean' function that performing self cleaning after compressor shutdown to inhibit the growth of mould etc.

adrian_4781

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
just to share my experience at IMM

yday went to IMM enquiry about aircon...went to GC and AB..

there is one sales in AB who serve us..attitude is kinda good...till we wanna buy from them..untill we realise that they don hav instalment scheme, thus we said that we want to reconsider..we ask for a namecard.

that guy gave us a name card with his name on it.." CASH"..he said he is called CASH..at that time we just laugh and smile at him and said" You call cash ah...so means very lucky la"...

till we got home...my wife think n think...then realise that that guy may be wanna insult us..course we want to pay via instalment...not full cash..thus we play a prank on us by saying he is call "CASH"!

maybe i will call back AB to see if there anyone by the name "CASH" tomorrow to confirm! i still have the namecard with me though...

my6600

Reaction score
just to share my experience at IMM

yday went to IMM enquiry about aircon...went to GC and AB..

there is one sales in AB who serve us..attitude is kinda good...till we wanna buy from them..untill we realise that they don hav instalment scheme, thus we said that we want to reconsider..we ask for a namecard.

that guy gave us a name card with his name on it.." CASH"..he said he is called CASH..at that time we just laugh and smile at him and said" You call cash ah...so means very lucky la"...

till we got home...my wife think n think...then realise that that guy may be wanna insult us..course we want to pay via instalment...not full cash..thus we play a prank on us by saying he is call "CASH"!

maybe i will call back AB to see if there anyone by the name "CASH" tomorrow to confirm! i still have the namecard with me though...
ur reaction is kinda too slow already man. kena pwnEd already still dun know. greatest joke.

milkywaters

Reaction score
Dear Forum
Need to seek advice if any1 here is using the Daikin Inverter System 4
4MKS80ESG? It runs on R410A gas and the price is on the high side. Isit good?

Or the 4MKD75DVM which runs on R22 gas is good enough? cos the price difference between the 2 models is quite significant... any advice from pros? need to get a system to replace my current MA56EV1...

cannotliao

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My friend has a Panasonic. After a while, it gave away some smell. Terrible smell.

the smell caused by the dirt and mold in the aircon roller. ask you friend do some serving/cleaning.

http://panasonic.net/ir/relevant/en040830-1/en040830-1.html

Osaka, Japan, August 30, 2004 - Daikin Industries, Ltd., a global leader in the manufacture of commercial and industrial use air conditioning systems, and Matsushiita Electric Industrial Co., Ltd. (MEI [NYSE symbol: MC]), best known for its Panasonic brand of consumer electronics and digital communication products, today announced that the two companies will establish a joint venture company, Daikin Motor Suzhou Co., Ltd., in China. The new company will manufacture and market motors for compressors in home and industrial-use air conditioners.
Daikin and Panasonic got a joint venture in china making aircon compressor.
so both brands should be using parts from same source.
if the aircon not cold, its might due to installation issue.

hhilo2002

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Looking to install the following aircon

MXY-4A28VA-01 28,000BTU OUTDOOR UNIT (QTY-1)
MSY-GE-10VA 9000BTU (QTY-4)
Use half-inch installation *4 with 1 stainless steel bracket

Was quoted $3850 for everything. Is the price reasonable?

The sizes of my rm are as follows:-
3.6m*4.9m
3m*4.9m
5.3m*3m
3.25m*4.5m

Will 9000btu be sufficient to cool room of those sizes?

The BTU of the compressor is 28000BTU, so does that mean that i cannot on all the 4 aircons all at the same time?

Please advise

Thank You in advance!

terumo

Reaction score
Price ok. If you on 4 together, the btu will be 7k btu each. Still ok. Normal hdb room around 6k btu should be enough.

cal3135

Reaction score
looking for system 3 inverter. went to GC,, more less decided on:

-Mit Starmax
-Mit Heavy industries
-Hitachi

price are pretty close to each others...

went thru the specs, also NEA web,,, very likely be Starmax aka Jacx Nxx:s22:

cause the indoor unit is of 8500 x 3 Btu/hr.. higher rating faster cooling
i guess..

will chk out cxxlserve also, but seem only main office in Joo seng, might
need make a trip there..

any advise appreciated....

manaeater

Master Member
Reaction score
u can try allbest also.

dey installed my Starmax system 4 like 2-3 weeks ago.

very friendly installers :)

at least their CS to me imo is kinda good :)

but best is to go check out all 1st, then decide.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.