The Hair Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

spyderbil316

Reaction score
hey ppl i just finish up my hair wax and good 1 to intro??? must have good strong hold.

Hi, cherryboom,

tried PM-ing you but ur mailbox is full.

Anyway, I would recommend Renati Rock Hard.

It washes off easily and is strong hold.

It is also matte look.

If interested can visit my blog link at my sig to find out more

yunie_

Reaction score
Hi,

anyone knows where to get this shampoo around town area? :)

Densify.png

Thanks
The hair thread - Capello Loft for men

you can get the shampoo here at capello loft for men (note: there are two capello loft on the same level. one for men one is unisex). price is standard retail price. i would suggest u try out neighbourhood beauty shops for cheaper price.

Silentwisper

Reaction score
Went to lacoco for a haircut twice. Rina did up my hair approx 2 months ago and I thought it was unsatisfactory for that amount that I paid. Post cut was terrible, hair was Really hard to manage. Nonetheless it didn't look THAT fantastic, ive had better cuts and a better rate. Decided to try out max Kim after and apparently, it turned out worst. It was unevenly texturized and the length that I kept for months got snipped off within that short 5 mins. To add on, service was terrible. Receptionist looked as though I owe her a million dollars. I wouldn't recommend this salon to anyone. Too bad they used up the 2 chances i gave them. Went over to kenaris to salvage my hair after and Im glad it looks so much more presentable now. Stylist was patient and it seems that he's really passionate about his job. Will post up a pic as soon as I get it properly styled. You guys can try johnathan out, he's by far the best, i feel, after Maeda of course.

Hahahehe

Reaction score
Went to lacoco for a haircut twice. Rina did up my hair approx 2 months ago and I thought it was unsatisfactory for that amount that I paid. Post cut was terrible, hair was Really hard to manage. Nonetheless it didn't look THAT fantastic, ive had better cuts and a better rate. Decided to try out max Kim after and apparently, it turned out worst. It was unevenly texturized and the length that I kept for months got snipped off within that short 5 mins. To add on, service was terrible. Receptionist looked as though I owe her a million dollars. I wouldn't recommend this salon to anyone. Too bad they used up the 2 chances i gave them. Went over to kenaris to salvage my hair after and Im glad it looks so much more presentable now. Stylist was patient and it seems that he's really passionate about his job. Will post up a pic as soon as I get it properly styled. You guys can try johnathan out, he's by far the best, i feel, after Maeda of course.

What's the rate for Jonathan and Maeda?

So far seeing mixed reviews for la coco :eek:

Silentwisper

Reaction score
maeda was about 50ish. but that was still when he was with komanchi (i manage to get him to charge me the student rate). johnathan's cut is about 45. you can try asking for a first timer discount. he's might probably just give it to you.

i personally feel that lacoco is overrated. i have another colleague (girl) who used to visit lacoco for her cuts, ever since her 300bucks perm which did not turn out well, she left for kenaris at wheelock too. ive been to most stylists featured in here, baby, max, rina, maeda, so far only 2 made the mark.

Hahahehe

Reaction score
maeda was about 50ish. but that was still when he was with komanchi (i manage to get him to charge me the student rate). johnathan's cut is about 45. you can try asking for a first timer discount. he's might probably just give it to you.

i personally feel that lacoco is overrated. i have another colleague (girl) who used to visit lacoco for her cuts, ever since her 300bucks perm which did not turn out well, she left for kenaris at wheelock too. ive been to most stylists featured in here, baby, max, rina, maeda, so far only 2 made the mark.

But did you try out the director of lacoco? The jean pierre person

I've never been to salon before in my life, so I just want to make sure I make the right choice for such expensive haicuts.

Since you recommend Maeda and Jonathan, what made them stand out from your point of view? Unless you're a consistent client then your opinion is just. However if it's those one-off good experience then I'm afraid it will not be that accurate.

So where is Maeda now? As for Maeda and Jonathan, must you go to either of them with a hairstyle in mind? Or could you just tell them to cut something that suits your face shape, features etc and is stylish as well? Many thanks!

mikeeeey

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
actually La coco is quite good experience for my case.

went for the first time last month and the stylist was patient and understanding. i agree that the recep got a bad attitude though. i was there and the recep continue talking on the phone, didnt bother to attend to me. in the end the director got to come to me and asked if i made appointment.

the cut was good and turned out well despite its being 3 weeks since then. usually my hairstyle will be hard to manage after 2 weeks.

my guess for the bad reviews is cos, many good reviews and people tend to have higher expectations.

for me, the experience was quite good and am going back for 2nd visit

Silentwisper

Reaction score
But did you try out the director of lacoco? The jean pierre person

I've never been to salon before in my life, so I just want to make sure I make the right choice for such expensive haicuts.

Since you recommend Maeda and Jonathan, what made them stand out from your point of view? Unless you're a consistent client then your opinion is just. However if it's those one-off good experience then I'm afraid it will not be that accurate.

So where is Maeda now? As for Maeda and Jonathan, must you go to either of them with a hairstyle in mind? Or could you just tell them to cut something that suits your face shape, features etc and is stylish as well? Many thanks!

I havnt tried their director before. But I did had a conversation about their director level stylists with the technician while she's doing my hair wash. I asked if their director(Jean) is good with guys hair, and she mentioned that she prefers max kim's cut as compared to Jean Pierre. Since reviews about max have been unrivaling, I thought I made the right choice but what I got in the end wasnt up to my expectation. By the way, I tried out quite a number of directors and on many occasions, their non director stylist does better. Lol

I'm not a pro myself, so I do my recommendations based on 3 factors. Does the hairstyle look good/make me look better, how manageable, and the service. So far, I think Maeda and Jonathan both manage to give me a hairdo that I like, at the same time, not hard to manage. Service rendered is exceptional as well, I had an event that day and when I went back to get my hair styled, he actually did it for me for free. I personally prefer stylists that really spend time doing a precise cut and not those that will just snip snip with a thinning scissors and be done with your hair in just ten mins. Both stylists I mentioned spend significant amount of time (at least 30mins for me) for my hairdo. Heard from johnathan that he usually allocates an hour per customer for haircut only.

I don't usually go with pictures. I'll just tell them what I would like and get them to do something that suit my features. Its too humid in sg and I know alot of the styles that I like won't last in such conditions.

Btw, I lost Maeda as soon as he left for Japan.

Silentwisper

Reaction score
I havnt tried their director before. But I did had a conversation about their director level stylists with the technician while she's doing my hair wash. I asked if their director(Jean) is good with guys hair, and she mentioned that she prefers max kim's cut as compared to Jean Pierre. Since reviews about max have been unrivaling, I thought I made the right choice but what I got in the end wasnt up to my expectation. By the way, I tried out quite a number of directors and on many occasions, their non director stylist does better. Lol

I'm not a pro myself, so I do my recommendations based on 3 factors. Does the hairstyle look good/make me look better, how manageable, and the service. So far, I think Maeda and Jonathan both manage to give me a hairdo that I like, at the same time, not hard to manage. Service rendered is exceptional as well, I had an event that day and when I went back to get my hair styled, he actually did it for me for free. I personally prefer stylists that really spend time doing a precise cut and not those that will just snip snip with a thinning scissors and be done with your hair in just ten mins. Both stylists I mentioned spend significant amount of time (at least 30mins for me) for my hairdo. Heard from johnathan that he usually allocates an hour per customer for haircut only.

I don't usually go with pictures. I'll just tell them what I would like and get them to do something that suit my features. Its too humid in sg and I know alot of the styles that I like won't last in such conditions.

Btw, I lost Maeda as soon as he left for Japan.

pics as promised. do add a http to it

a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/251156_10150319580723626_707238625_9684655_7055243_n.jpg

a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/260056_10150319580683626_707238625_9684653_6885670_n.jpg

a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/252846_10150319580603626_707238625_9684650_5171685_n.jpg

Hahahehe

Reaction score

a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/251156_10150319580723626_707238625_9684655_7055243_n.jpg

a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/260056_10150319580683626_707238625_9684653_6885670_n.jpg

a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/252846_10150319580603626_707238625_9684650_5171685_n.jpg

Wah yandao wor :eek::eek:!

Btw what did you tell him to cut this hairstyle? It looks hard to manage :(

Limpeishicrone

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

first decent hairstyle picture i have seen from people in this thread, where did you get your haircut at?

Silentwisper

Reaction score
Wah yandao wor :eek::eek:!

Btw what did you tell him to cut this hairstyle? It looks hard to manage :(

Aww thanks!

IMO, it's actually a lot easier to manage than the hairstyles I got from lacoco. I just asked for something that he thinks would look good on me, at the same time lasting and not too hard to manage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.