Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Status
Not open for further replies.

thesingingbard

Master Member
Reaction score
Really appreciate all your responses and helpful advises.

Previously also thot it was jelly & dirt that clogged drainage. Did declogging with chemical twice plus pouring hot water as advised. Also tried vacuum process.

After above treatment, the water still drip during operation.

Sorry to trouble all of you.

so when you pour the hot water, did you observe the water flowing 'freely' out to the drainage?

Psalmist

Reaction score
so when you pour the hot water, did you observe the water flowing 'freely' out to the drainage?

Yes, the hot water did flow out but slowly. Is there any possibility that there is condensation on the cooling fins?
At present just live with it. Every night just put a small container to collect water droplets. The amount collected is about 500ml, lesser than 2 drink cans.

Thanks again for your concern. I appreciate the many concern buddies in this thread.

Core2max

Reaction score
someone mentioned to use chemical (something like Mr.Muscle?) for clogged pipe... maybe can try that... must be very careful though...

thesingingbard

Master Member
Reaction score
Yes, the hot water did flow out but slowly. Is there any possibility that there is condensation on the cooling fins?
At present just live with it. Every night just put a small container to collect water droplets. The amount collected is about 500ml, lesser than 2 drink cans.

Thanks again for your concern. I appreciate the many concern buddies in this thread.

firstly, you're welcomed. we're all here to share experiences and learn from each other.

condensation on the cooling fins is CONFIRMED, it's all physics and so happens on all FCU. that's why there's a pipe to drain the water.

usually, air-con maintenance guys would take a jug of water and pour directly into the fins and observe if the water is drained out smoothly.

for me, i would remove the FCU cover and observe exactly where the water is coming from. 500ml imo is a lot and suggests clogged drainage, but you mentioned declogging with chemical was tried... hm... ask terumo. =:p

stamina

Reaction score
Aircon above head

HI All,

I have considered all posibilties and I have no choice but to place my aircon above head.

WHat you guys think? Is it okay? Any possibilty of leaking and water droplets fall onto our heads?

In terms of cool air coverage, is it effective and cooling for the body?

Currently my aircon is by the side, but for my new house, no choice but must be above head.

YOur comments and experience please.

terumo

Reaction score
The water leak or condensation should be caused by dirty fancoil which requires general or chemical service most likely. If drainage pipe is not choked.

milkywaters

Reaction score
appreciate any advice...how much % electricity savings would i enjoy if i replace a 10 year old Daikin Inverter with a brand new Daikin Inverter?

Is 20% a reasonable estimate?

I think its more than 20%. I changed my MA56EV1 to a 4MKS80ESG and i was pretty surprised the drastic drop in my electrical consumption... but everytime we on the aircon, we will turn on the wat econo mode, so far haf not tried without turning on la...

sealle

Reaction score
As above... looking into air conditioning 3 bedrooms and the living room.. my contractor quoted me $3.7k for a 4:1(2 compressors inside) toshiba system with inverter.

is it expensive?

any lobang/recommendations?

is daikin or mitsubishi better?

Toshiba's parts are harder to get compared to other brands. Their design gathers lesser appeal compared to other brands, like Mitsubishi.

You'll have a better chance here.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Xuan-Trading-Services/232732826761623

xseanyx

Reaction score

There should be some choke at the drainage i suppose 500ml per night is quite little actually. As a rule of thumb, condensate water is about 1 litre for every 2HP cooling per hour. :)

Slayer1

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys, planning to get a Daikin or MEC or Panasonic system 2. My MBR is 16ft x 10ft. Shud I get the 11k btu or 9k btu? Usage is 8-10 daily for the MBR.
Also I have checked a few site on BTU calc....most of it recommend 9k btu and some 11k btu. Thanks.

Psalmist

Reaction score
There should be some choke at the drainage i suppose 500ml per night is quite little actually. As a rule of thumb, condensate water is about 1 litre for every 2HP cooling per hour. :)

Thanks to xseanyx.

I guess there is a little choke somewhere along drainage line. So if drainage flow slower than condensation amount, it will caused overflow.

Last 2 nights there is no overflow. Hope it stays that way. I am using 1.5hp.

Thx

android

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, What is the difference between swg 23 and 24 copper? Does the it really make a difference?

terumo

Reaction score
Can check any bros here just got aircon sys3/4 for Daikin/Mit?
How much u paid and whats the materials used?
Thx...

Core2max

Reaction score
Can check any bros here just got aircon sys3/4 for Daikin/Mit?
How much u paid and whats the materials used?
Thx...

Bought it last dec.

Mitsubishi inverter sys 3 (MXY-3A28VA / MSY-GE10VA x 3)
+ s/s bracket
+ extended warranty (total 5yrs).
+ upgrade insulation & copper (Insulation 1/2" Armaflex & Copper to grade 23).

The damage: $3398.

terumo

Reaction score
Hi Bro Core2max,

Your extended warrt by itself is how much?
It covers all faulty parts?
Any fine print like wear and tear not covered?

Core2max

Reaction score
Hi Bro Core2max,

Your extended warrt by itself is how much?
It covers all faulty parts?
Any fine print like wear and tear not covered?

Forgot the details... must check the receipt again.

if i am not wrong, the cost is $300+ (for additional 4 yrs).
It covers all faulty parts. If they cannot get the parts, they will loan me temporary aircon (until they can fix it).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.