Post your food photo here (local)

Status
Not open for further replies.

hyper_megaman

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
elaborate? taste? texture? ingredients?

the curry's colour looks wrong

camera fault or does it really look like dried blood irl?

never seen japanese curry that black

ajninknaw

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i find go go curry value for money .

always whack the 17 or 18 dollar set .

can share 2 person but usually i can finish it myself :(

Sen

Honorary Member
Reaction score
Jurong East Prawn Mee Lor Mee @ Alexandra Village FC. S$3 portion. Very nice lor mee, eat liao not thirsty. mosmos's favorite also~! :deg:
Jurong_East_Prawn_Mee_Lor_Mee_.JPG

Jurong_East_Prawn_Mee_Lor_Mee_1.JPG

Jurong_East_Prawn_Mee_Lor_Mee_2.JPG

ragnarok95

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
elaborate? taste? texture? ingredients?

the curry's colour looks wrong

camera fault or does it really look like dried blood irl?

never seen japanese curry that black

Not camera fault. The curry is like this. I brighten up actually. The real curry was a bit darker.

Never eat curry so black, go to Go!Go!Curry! @ 313 to try!!! :D

Curry - salty and dry.
Rice - too soft.
Prawns - small and too much flour.

Only thing that cant go wrong is the cabbage.

hyper_megaman

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Not camera fault. The curry is like this. I brighten up actually. The real curry was a bit darker.

Never eat curry so black, go to Go!Go!Curry! @ 313 to try!!! :D

Curry - salty and dry.
Rice - too soft.
Prawns - small and too much flour.

Only thing that cant go wrong is the cabbage.
if they served cabbage instead of lettuce, then that has gone wrong already

lol. cabbage /= lettuce

包菜 /= 生菜

Swordsman

Banned
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Aspirasi Food Stall @ Seah Im FC. S$3 for chicken rice. The cripy crispy is self service, take as many as you like! Overall not bad lah. :look:

miss that chicken rice.. used to work near there. always go for 2 plates when im ordering chicken rice from Aspirasi stall.

Sen

Honorary Member
Reaction score
Joo Siah Bak Koot Teh @ Yuhua Market & FC. S$5 portion with rice. 5/6 score for Makansutra 2011. Price increased liao, still one of my favorite BKT stall! :deg:
Joo_Siah_Bak_Koot_Teh_2.JPG

Joo_Siah_Bak_Koot_Teh_4.JPG

Joo_Siah_Bak_Koot_Teh_5.JPG

wackykid

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
my lunch today near my office... at coffee shop at blk 153 serangoon north ave 1... sorry dun have name of the stall... but it's the same coffee shop where lavarock is...

it surprised me so much by the price... i think i counted like 10 items in all... about 6 of them are veg... and it costs only $3...!! i couldn't believe my ears...!! i tot it was going to cost $4.50-$5....! (they counted "6" items... i suspect maybe veg is counted as 1/2...??)

think this was wat i had as ingredients:

vegs:
- seaweed
- chinese black mushrooms
- golden mushrooms
- chinese cabbage
- beansprouts
- fried beancurd

non-veg:
- crab meat ball
- 2 kinds of fish-cake

took the photos with my phone camera:

taste wise is not bad also....

regards,
wacky

Last edited:

BigMonkey

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Monkey, this one for what use?

The cabbage is to wrap the chicken. I list down the steps below, very interesting 口感. Credits go to my fabulous dining partner.

Steps:

1) wash hand

2) tear the cabbage according to your mouth size.

3) use chopsticks to kiap chicken, put the chicken onto the cabbage

4) use a common spoon, scope generous amount of ginger sauce than lay it nicely on top of the chicken.

5) use chopsticks to kiap two piece of cucumber than lay it at the side of the chicken.

6) use hand and roll the cabbage.

7) make sure the ginger sauce dun drip.

8) presto, u have one nice handsome looking (just like me) samsui ginger chicken. put everything in the mouth if possible so that the juicy chicken and the fabulous ginger sauce can gush in the cavity of the mouth and taste bud.

Bon appeti. :D

Last edited:

twtan14

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Instead of Peking duck, this one uses chicken. I must go try sometime.

twtan14

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My lunch at Astons Specialities on Thursday. Wanted to eat the ieat Super Burger but not available.

Astons01.jpg

Astons02.jpg

wackykid

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The cabbage is to wrap the chicken. I list down the steps below, very interesting 口感. Credits go to my fabulous dining partner.

yes that's right... i love soup restaurant's samsui chicken...!!!! last time when they first opened... used to eat quite frequent.. cos prices are affordable and food is good too........... the ginger with samsui chicken........ LOVEDDDDDDD IT... so much so it also made me become ginger fan...!! :love: :love: ever since eating that... everytime i eat hainanese chicken rice MUSSSSSSSST HAVEEEEEEE ginger...!!! more impt than chilli...!! if the chicken rice stall don't provide ginger i'll minus a full rating point from the stall liao...!!

regards,
wacky

shalome

Master Member
Reaction score
yes that's right... i love soup restaurant's samsui chicken...!!!! last time when they first opened... used to eat quite frequent.. cos prices are affordable and food is good too........... the ginger with samsui chicken........ LOVEDDDDDDD IT... so much so it also made me become ginger fan...!! :love: :love: ever since eating that... everytime i eat hainanese chicken rice MUSSSSSSSST HAVEEEEEEE ginger...!!! more impt than chilli...!! if the chicken rice stall don't provide ginger i'll minus a full rating point from the stall liao...!!

regards,
wacky

you are so sexcited with the chicken... :s16:

is that lettuce or cabbage? i seldom know eating of raw cabbage though.

bigmonkey, you mean they give you a bowl of water to wash hand first or there is a washing area (like kfc) for you to wash hand before eating?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.