Standard Chartered - Only Online Trading in town with no minimum commission

Status
Not open for further replies.

lasnoblur

Master Member
Reaction score
1) very subjective point. it depends on the demand/supply of the shares. if you buy at the market price, it will get executed quite fast.
I put a sell at 0.50 on 29th Aug after market close. Market open on 31th, counter buy up is 0.50, sell is 0.505 at 08:59:00. However, the trade only took place at 09:00:23. I was the 1st to get the trade. Its a fact and i want to warn all bros and sis here that SCB might be laggier than other platforms.

2) yes there is a certain window period you cant submit to queue overnight.
Yes, after 12am midnight all orders put in are not effective.

ngeo12

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I logged into my SCB bank using Galax Tab.. but realize I was unable to trade..
Are there any ways I can trade on Tab?

takishi

Reaction score
I logged into my SCB bank using Galax Tab.. but realize I was unable to trade..
Are there any ways I can trade on Tab?

wat browser u using? though i never trade using the tab. i just log in and access all the way to the selling part. i am using dolphin hd as browser.

and is your display set up as desktop on the tab when surfing.

ngeo12

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
wat browser u using? though i never trade using the tab. i just log in and access all the way to the selling part. i am using dolphin hd as browser.

and is your display set up as desktop on the tab when surfing.

default setting.. default browser.. maybe that's the cause..
let me try dolphin..
thank you for the idea..

Manndy

Reaction score
just want to share info. thanks to this thread, i knew exactly what to tell the guy who assisted me in opening the e-saver and trading account. however, while waiting for the paperwork to be completed, another staff approached me to offer their insurance-linked savings plan. good thing i was able to turn it down somehow. anyways, i got a temp user ID and password to create my online banking ID. have yet to wait for the trading account to be activated. too bad i missed the 'free 2 trades' promo which ended last aug 31.

Panerex

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Huh? U mean no more free 2 trades after aug ? I got my account activated in jul but have not traded yet. So gone case Liao?

Manndy

Reaction score
Huh? U mean no more free 2 trades after aug ? I got my account activated in jul but have not traded yet. So gone case Liao?

no more free trades if you sign up after aug 31 i think. since u signed up before that, should be qualified still.

Litmuss

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone who signed up for SCB trading account recently? I was signing up at the branch when another relationship manager intro me a fixed-deposit plan, saying it's an on-going promotion tie-up with opening of SCB trading account.

It sounds pretty tempting and interests starts from 0.75% right up to 28++%... The fixed deposit duration can choose between 15, 20 or 25 yrs. First 2 years, can't take out money. After 2 years, can take out 50%. Thereafter, can take out a portion if in need of cash.

Anyone heard of it?

actman

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone who signed up for SCB trading account recently? I was signing up at the branch when another relationship manager intro me a fixed-deposit plan, saying it's an on-going promotion tie-up with opening of SCB trading account.

It sounds pretty tempting and interests starts from 0.75% right up to 28++%... The fixed deposit duration can choose between 15, 20 or 25 yrs. First 2 years, can't take out money. After 2 years, can take out 50%. Thereafter, can take out a portion if in need of cash.

Anyone heard of it?

doesn't sound like fixed deposit to me. Is more like a saving insurance plan.

g3tback0r

Reaction score
One noob qn.

Since StanChart is the custodian, will we have problems applying when got rights issue?

metallickgoz

Reaction score
anyone could provide feedback on the SCB trading platform?
If i understand correctly, shares bought with SCB doesnt go to CDP, so its like having a bet with the bank..

Its abit similar to Saxo account.. but the bid-ask price sometimes like different from SGX bid-ask.. will SCB price be the same?

fighting

Reaction score
any idea how we get dividends for stocks we bought thru standard chartered trading platform??

metallickgoz

Reaction score
Actually i tried emailing on questions which I cant find in their FAQ to their customer service..
very interestingly the person replied that the answers can be found in their FAQ..

In my experience, I was really disappointed with their customer service.. and my rulebook is never choose a brokerage with poor support.. but hopefully I can understand them further if I make a call sooner or later..

Last edited:

evets

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Anyone heard of it?

u just ask if the fixed deposit plan is by Prudential. . if yes. then its an endownment plan. if u like the concept, its not too bad a plan to start off...

smlj, --- fixed deposit plan instead.....obviously its not the plain vanilla time deposit u and i know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.