Vpost? Borderlinx? Comgateway?

runforyourlife

Reaction score
ask u all ar, the cathay tickets, if buy online got 50% more points not?

or only thru e counter?

tingyuan

Master Member
Reaction score
parcel arrived at borderlinx and 20% off promotion code for shipping charges exclude fuel charges.

Last edited:

runforyourlife

Reaction score
i using comgateway thru the amex comgateway liao first one coming tmr. hopefully its ok!

aloysius_xavier

Reaction score
anyone knows if amex comgateway consolidates your item for you? for eg you have 5 packages, they help to combine into one then ship?

lockks

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I urge people to avoid vpost. Their service is a big NO NO. AVOID VPOST USA AT ALL COST.

isim

Reaction score
Any way to save shipping costs for Amazon?

When I bought several items from Amazon, during checking out I have a choice of shipping items separately or combined into as few packages as possible.

I always think that combined into as few packages as possible save shipping costs. But sometimes I think it could be worst base of some past experiences.

The order and shipping info printed after I checked out may look very good, I see all my items in one shipment and one expected shipment date only. But this was not true.

When Amazon actually shipped my items, they broke it up nto 3 or even more different shipments. Not much of a problem if they take the trouble to find the appropriate packaging. But they always seems to grab oversize boxes for each of the broken up shipments. I don't mind if only one oversize box for all my items in one shipment. But now it becommes 3 or more oversize boxes. Worst still, one of the boxes sometimes looked like it actually was big enough to contain all the items in all the other boxes combined. Horrible! So how to save shipping costs.

How about taking the option to ask Amazon to ship each item separately. Is there any way to prevent Amazon from using more oversize boxes for each item? Otherwise its even more worst.

How about asking Amazon to gift pack each item and then ship each item separately? Is there any way to prevent Amazon from just gift wrapping each item and then put each item again in an oversize box? Then its back to square one.

I need your suggestion and ideas for saving shipment costs(CGW, vPost, BDL) when buying from Amazon. Thanks!

jazdrive

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
When I bought several items from Amazon, during checking out I have a choice of shipping items separately or combined into as few packages as possible.

I always think that combined into as few packages as possible save shipping costs. But sometimes I think it could be worst base of some past experiences.

The order and shipping info printed after I checked out may look very good, I see all my items in one shipment and one expected shipment date only. But this was not true.

When Amazon actually shipped my items, they broke it up nto 3 or even more different shipments. Not much of a problem if they take the trouble to find the appropriate packaging. But they always seems to grab oversize boxes for each of the broken up shipments. I don't mind if only one oversize box for all my items in one shipment. But now it becommes 3 or more oversize boxes. Worst still, one of the boxes sometimes looked like it actually was big enough to contain all the items in all the other boxes combined. Horrible! So how to save shipping costs.

How about taking the option to ask Amazon to ship each item separately. Is there any way to prevent Amazon from using more oversize boxes for each item? Otherwise its even more worst.

How about asking Amazon to gift pack each item and then ship each item separately? Is there any way to prevent Amazon from just gift wrapping each item and then put each item again in an oversize box? Then its back to square one.

I need your suggestion and ideas for saving shipment costs(CGW, vPost, BDL) when buying from Amazon. Thanks!

Doesn't matter, no matter what you chose, Amazon may still ship your orders in large boxes. Even the same items you ordered from them before might come in an even larger box than the previous shipment, they are famous for that. :s13:

Your best bet is to ship Amazon purchases to CGW only because they are the only one to have the repacking option as compared with the other 2 forwarders.

Spendrik

Reaction score
Hi all, for those with Borderlinx experience,

If Fedex Smartpost tries to deliver on Sat but BL office is closed, will Fedex retry on Monday, or do I need to contact Fedex liao?

Got this in my Fedex tracking:

Customer not available or business closed - Please contact local Post Office to pick up or reschedule delivery

wacko

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Hi all, for those with Borderlinx experience,

If Fedex Smartpost tries to deliver on Sat but BL office is closed, will Fedex retry on Monday, or do I need to contact Fedex liao?

Got this in my Fedex tracking:

Customer not available or business closed - Please contact local Post Office to pick up or reschedule delivery
No need to contact BDL or FedEx, FedEx will retry the delivery.

isim

Reaction score
Doesn't matter, no matter what you chose, Amazon may still ship your orders in large boxes. Even the same items you ordered from them before might come in an even larger box than the previous shipment, they are famous for that. :s13:

Your best bet is to ship Amazon purchases to CGW only because they are the only one to have the repacking option as compared with the other 2 forwarders.

CGW repacking service is not the solution. If you have more than 1 item in a big box, say your items in the box are loose items, then CGW will not offer repacking. So to me, this is not repacking, its like just removing the 'shell'(the outer big box to reveal a smaller box inside, thats all). If there is no smaller box inside the big box, no "repacking". It is also stressful to use CGW "repacking" service. They will send an offer to assess for repacking of your package for a fee. If after assessing they say repacking not possible, you loose your fee. You pay for nothing. Think about it, they have seen your package, you have not, why still need to assess? Seems they want to get the assessment fee plus the repacking fee. Either way, they will win.

runforyourlife

Reaction score
Comgateway recently has been good but ups is fuggedup. They told me delivery on sat So I waited. End of day never come. Email their fb, they told me no one inform them to deliver on say I told them its their guys who told m,e sat delivery, and in an email made it sound like I'm the one at fault as 'no one informed them'

jazdrive

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
CGW repacking service is not the solution. If you have more than 1 item in a big box, say your items in the box are loose items, then CGW will not offer repacking. So to me, this is not repacking, its like just removing the 'shell'(the outer big box to reveal a smaller box inside, thats all). If there is no smaller box inside the big box, no "repacking". It is also stressful to use CGW "repacking" service. They will send an offer to assess for repacking of your package for a fee. If after assessing they say repacking not possible, you loose your fee. You pay for nothing. Think about it, they have seen your package, you have not, why still need to assess? Seems they want to get the assessment fee plus the repacking fee. Either way, they will win.

By right assessment of your package for repacking is free, it's the actual repacking that's chargeable. You meant to say they charged you just to assess your package?! :eek:

And yes, repacking is not the perfect solution, but it's certainly useful in the scenario you'd mentioned, which is common for Amazon's purchases. That's the reason why I said it's the best bet.

wacko

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score

Strange, I'm using Borderlessbuys (powered by CGW), never needed assessing fee. CGW will automatically determine whether there is a possibility to repack. They open every single package anyway, to retrieve the invoice to scan.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.