Standard Chartered - Only Online Trading in town with no minimum commission

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeDirnt78

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yes, most definitely since it is only less than $600.

then im sorry i think its a system bug. some people reported that they cant buy some penny stocks. just keep flooding their email system so that they can fix it. =:p

donald83

Master Member
Reaction score
I am required by mu current company to close all external broker accounts and i have closed mine with POEMS.

I want to open a new external account but i do not wish my current company to know. By opening an account with SCB, since it does not involve my personal CDP account, does it mean that my employer is unable to check then?

Mayhem69

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I am required by mu current company to close all external broker accounts and i have closed mine with POEMS.

I want to open a new external account but i do not wish my current company to know. By opening an account with SCB, since it does not involve my personal CDP account, does it mean that my employer is unable to check then?

if no CDP linkage, maybe they won't know

Your job is house dealer? or what kind of dealer?

earthyblue

Master Member
Reaction score

Use your father or mother's name to open a joint USD current account in SCB. Then based on this, ask them to open an online trading account to trade.

MikeDirnt78

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Use your father or mother's name to open a joint
USD current account in SCB. Then based on this, ask them to open an online trading account to trade.

there is a saying you can do anything illegal as long you dont get caught. =:p

earthyblue

Master Member
Reaction score
there is a saying you can do anything illegal as long you dont get caught. =:p

It is not illegal to open a scb foreign currency account. Neither is it illegal to open a joint savings account with parents. If any company that you are working with tells your at the abovementioned I stated is illegal, you have the right to sue their pants off.

Sinkie

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
It is not illegal to open a scb foreign currency account. Neither is it illegal to open a joint savings account with parents. If any company that you are working with tells your at the abovementioned I stated is illegal, you have the right to sue their pants off.

but your job is at risk if you are found to have an online trading account (individual or joint) to trade even though it is not bound by law.

limster

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

So lets say you join ABC bank as a trader, and the bank requires you as part of your job not to have external trading accounts to prevent conflict of interest, insider trading etc, you can sue your employer? Really? Just asking.

Sinkie

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
So lets say you join ABC bank as a trader, and the bank requires you as part of your job not to have external trading accounts to prevent conflict of interest, insider trading etc, you can sue your employer? Really? Just asking.

i know each year, the compliance will pick up a group of employee, and do a throughout check, just dont be the unlucky one and if they need, they can request MAS to grant the right to check and request all other banks to surrender your details..

maybe he mean sue MAS or company?

wiz

Reaction score
Front office better dun play play that is enough reason to sack you.

MikeDirnt78

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

joint and single ownership are no difference. you are still holding an account in the course of your work. you think an employer is so stupid to draft such rules stating that no single account but can joint account?

i mean joint account with no trading facility is fine. but if there is a trading facility, then its definitely against the rules.

can the guy sue you for wrong information instead if anything happened? ;)

Last edited:

earthyblue

Master Member
Reaction score
but your job is at risk if you are found to have an online trading account (individual or joint) to trade even though it is not bound by law.

Really must correct on the understanding of English.
Prohibited and illegal is 2 different meaning.

If you are trading in drugs, cigarettes, that is illegal. It is not illegal to open a savings account. It is also not illegal to open a joint bank account with your parents. If your parents open an online trading account, what is illegal? If your parents trade stocks, is that illegal?

You are prohibited from trading in external broker firms, which is what is stated under your name. But it is not illegal.

Please do understand the law carefully before jumping to assumptions.

The company can order you to close all your broking accounts, but they cannot order you to tell your parents to close their accounts.

earthyblue

Master Member
Reaction score
i know each year, the compliance will pick up a group of employee, and do a throughout check, just dont be the unlucky one and if they need, they can request MAS to grant the right to check and request all other banks to surrender your details..

maybe he mean sue MAS or company?

Banks can request to check on credit bureau. Whether you are bankruptcy or whether you have any loans or credit issues. But other that that, surrendering other details is private and confidential and MAS is not allowed to give personal information to any parties.

This is a right. Not any person or company can write to MAS and ask them to check prior to the subject allowing MAS to do so.

earthyblue

Master Member
Reaction score
joint and single ownership are no difference. you are still holding an account in the course of your work. you think an employer is so stupid to draft such rules stating that no single account but can joint account?

i mean joint account with no trading facility is fine. but if there is a trading facility, then its definitely against the rules.

can the guy sue you for wrong information instead if anything happened? ;)

That's why you are ignorant.

You can open a joint banking account, but the online trading facility does not need to be in your name. It can be your parents name. The settlement account is also under your parents name. If a person is so inflexible in the mind, possible becomes impossible.

So what makes you so sure your information is right and he cannot sue you back? You obviously do not know what is your own rights.
You can't even tell what is illegal and what is prohibition and you want to talk about suing me if anything happens?

In this world, people instil fear onto others making them forgo what is their basic rights. :s8:

Sinkie

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Banks can request to check on credit bureau. Whether you are bankruptcy or whether you have any loans or credit issues. But other that that, surrendering other details is private and confidential and MAS is not allowed to give personal information to any parties.

This is a right. Not any person or company can write to MAS and ask them to check prior to the subject allowing MAS to do so.

then too bad, employee of banks will usually have to sign an authorisation form from compliance to allow them to check on us.

like that can i tell my employer that this is basic right and i should not sign this form?

wiz

Reaction score
then too bad, employee of banks will usually have to sign an authorisation form from compliance to allow them to check on us.

like that can i tell my employer that this is basic right and i should not sign this form?

not usually but a must to sign the form at the time of signing the employment letter and yearly declaration.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.