The Hair Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

MJ4Lif3

Reaction score
Need help

1. Any haircare products to recommend for dry hair? I wan my hair to have more moisture as it is kinda dry.
2. Any haircare products that makes hair a little straighter ?
3. Any good salons and good haircutter?
4. Any good salons to recommend for just cutting hair only. Rather cheap and good ? Budget $1 - $20 or more if have :O
5. Any good hairstyles to recommend ?
6. Rebond or Straighten ? How long do they last ?

MookieTea

Reaction score
1. Any haircare products to recommend for dry hair? I wan my hair to have more moisture as it is kinda dry.
2. Any haircare products that makes hair a little straighter ?
3. Any good salons and good haircutter?
4. Any good salons to recommend for just cutting hair only. Rather cheap and good ? Budget $1 - $20 or more if have :O
5. Any good hairstyles to recommend ?
6. Rebond or Straighten ? How long do they last ?

1) Youre looking for a conditioner, not a shampoo. Conditioner is the important one, not the latter.

2) Perhaps some serum for straight hair look. Paul Mitchell/Redken.

3&4) Hmmm that depends on which stylist you go to. Some reds outlet aren't bad. Hairsense/signature at FEP.

5) Hair styles got to see your face shape and hair textures. More so on the textures, perhaps you can provide a pic?

6) If your hair is already dry, please please do not straighten or rebond. It will make you look like a complete idiot. No offence.

Cheers! :D

dragonprokan

Reaction score
depends on what u like

soft fluffy look or thin (lol) look.. for me i would go for soft fluffy but then i wouldnt ask to trim thin :s22: i always ask to cut thick layers :crazy:

crissangelz

Reaction score
Anyone tried Sebastian matte putty b4? How e holding power like and isiz easy to rinse off? compare to Sebastian craft clay, which is better?

Lumber

Reaction score
Hi all hair experts !
i just got my haircut from kimage 1st time going thr costed me a bomb lol
but i dont think its very nice.. is it normal as i was thinking maybe the stylist need to adjust some stuff before they can really make it nice.. should i go back after a month to cut again with the same stylist?

evets

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi all hair experts !
but i dont think its very nice.. is it normal as i was thinking maybe the stylist need to adjust some stuff before they can really make it nice.. should i go back after a month to cut again with the same stylist?

give n take one lah. u can give the same stylist one more chance. probably it helps to have a pix of the style you r seeking...give them a visual idea.

personally i feel that a good stylist should have a basic idea what type of hairstyle will suit one face by first look... and style accordingly based on one preference...maybe a certain way of waxin from a magazine spread of some uber chic celebs and then to customise it to suit one face without lookin off or a wannabe

no wonder there are ppl who are willing to get the mane fix by the director level. lol

Last edited:

osirisx

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi all hair experts !

not very nice as in? nt up to your expectation?
different ppl got different hair structure...so I doubt u can get the identical look to your idol.

if the stylist is observant he/she will advise you accordingly, he'll still cut according to your preference but he'll advise you on...the different hair type and hair structure you have, how to adjust etc etc...(provided u show him the picture you're aiming for).

as to whether you should go back, it depends on what hairstyle ur looking at.
(long/short) do you have the length, if u dun then obviously they can't cut it right the first time. (ie. need to let it grow longer)

speaking from experience, just my 2 cents:)

Last edited:

dragonprokan

Reaction score
who ask u go kimage :s13::s13: its only slightly better than jean yip imo

hardly any good reviews about it. if any good reviews, it would be for a specific hairstylist who will probably move on in about a year or two(unless director, which is damn ex and not guaranteed nice).

should always check around ;)

osirisx

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
not nice as in my friends and all say its not very nice :s27:

.....did the hairstylist style for u after he cut?....maybe u duno how to style?:s22:

who ask u go kimage :s13::s13: its only slightly better than jean yip imo

hardly any good reviews about it. if any good reviews, it would be for a specific hairstylist who will probably move on in about a year or two(unless director, which is damn ex and not guaranteed nice).

should always check around ;)

btw...since u mentioned the 2 salons, how does monsoon measure up to it? gd? bad?
been to monsoon a couple of times...but would like to hear more abt other alternative also

Last edited:

tildveryn

Reaction score
My Renati strong hold wax... has mold!

Saw black color mold growing on one part of it...

Should I clear it and put it in the sun and get rid of the germs?

BYYYBYYY

Reaction score
My Renati strong hold wax... has mold!

Saw black color mold growing on one part of it...

Should I clear it and put it in the sun and get rid of the germs?

You mean like fungus? Is it when u wax ur hair there water that went in?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.