The Official Xperia S thread

rssd21

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
don't just blame Sony. My old Samsung Galaxy S is a piece of sh*t the battery can't even tahan normal use. must off 3G to get 10 - 11 hours. Maybe can blame Android :D

Dont blame android, fruit phone also dont last as long. Just carry a portable charger with you. :D

Last edited:

PongRareRare

Reaction score
don't just blame Sony. My old Samsung Galaxy S is a piece of sh*t the battery can't even tahan normal use. must off 3G to get 10 - 11 hours. Maybe can blame Android :D

lol everyone can have their opinion and this is juz my opinion... Haha. I'm a Sony fan, truly one.. In fact I'm anti apple... Tats y I bought xperia s like not long after its out.. Looks good on paper.. Perhaps it's juz my set, auto rebooted several times... Apps blackout after load (simple stuff like sms and settings) I noe the sample shows good low light video but bro, I own a set here... Doesn't show on my set... So, low light picture taking, apple did a fairly great job, ny xperia s took yellowish photo... Exmor™ R only for videos? And specs wise, batt 1750 -> 1700 and ram 1gb -> 600+mb... Y is tat so? Bravia engine, maybe it's awesome but due to batt prob, I'm not even using.. Waste of the tech... The quick launch. . Isn't really quick, I'm sorry... Maybe it's juz my set but I dun think it's worth spending so much for this piece of Sony.

ragnarok95

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
It's the display eating up my batt.... What's the use of getting a smart phone when there's so many limitation? Brightness 5%, less widget, off GPS, of WiFi, off Bluetooth, dun synchronize +++++ might as well get use back my army non cam phone

Edit: all tat and the batt life still bad
Sony fake their specs alot... Batt, ram... Bravia engine off to save batt, camera see nth in bark room... Is it only my set or wat? Remember arc taking photo in a black box? My xperia s took nth in a black room.. ( Exmor R sensor)

If sony have fake their spec, apple and samsung also. Go to apple forum and see how people complain abt their battery life on the 4/4s. Just now i went out with a few edmw members and they also commented their samsung nexus battery can hardly last 24 hrs.

These are smart phones. These are not older phones. Older phones are for sms, calling, mms and have 4096 colors. Smart phones have 16M colors, u game, u web and u work on it. Any smart phones now that can last till the end of the day is consider very good.

Dark room...even my DSLR cannot cant take photos...

timberland

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
lol everyone can have their opinion and this is juz my opinion... Haha. I'm a Sony fan, truly one.. In fact I'm anti apple... Tats y I bought xperia s like not long after its out.. Looks good on paper.. Perhaps it's juz my set, auto rebooted several times... Apps blackout after load (simple stuff like sms and settings) I noe the sample shows good low light video but bro, I own a set here... Doesn't show on my set... So, low light picture taking, apple did a fairly great job, ny xperia s took yellowish photo... Exmor™ R only for videos? And specs wise, batt 1750 -> 1700 and ram 1gb -> 600+mb... Y is tat so? Bravia engine, maybe it's awesome but due to batt prob, I'm not even using.. Waste of the tech... The quick launch. . Isn't really quick, I'm sorry... Maybe it's juz my set but I dun think it's worth spending so much for this piece of Sony.

maybe it's only u lo.

i dun really see many complains about this phone so far.

battery life, u have to optimize it before u really see how long it lasts.

ragnarok95

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Reaction score

The reason why Apple did a good job in photo taking is because they set everything for u. U aim, shoot. Thats it. Xperia S is more of a cybershot phone. Play ard with the settings.

For the 1GB thing, u only got 600+ because the rest goes to the OS itself. Dun expect other phones that have 1GB to have 1GB inside too. Be realistic. :)

PongRareRare

Reaction score
If sony have fake their spec, apple and samsung also. Go to apple forum and see how people complain abt their battery life on the 4/4s. Just now i went out with a few edmw members and they also commented their samsung nexus battery can hardly last 24 hrs.

These are smart phones. These are not older phones. Older phones are for sms, calling, mms and have 4096 colors. Smart phones have 16M colors, u game, u web and u work on it. Any smart phones now that can last till the end of the day is consider very good.

Dark room...even my DSLR cannot cant take photos...

Not abt the timing, I noe it depends on user but 1750 mAh -> 1700mAh? I am charging 3 times a day... Like I said, maybe its my set or my setting.... Didn't arc s took photo in a black box? As advertised... In Singtel shop last time.. Using the same sensor, shouldn't xperia s be able to do the same? My dark room still have light from window, black box dun even have an opening...

tazzi80

Master Member
Reaction score

Yours lemon? Why will auto reboot and hang one. Mine no such problem at all.

carlover76

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Not abt the timing, I noe it depends on user but 1750 mAh -> 1700mAh? I am charging 3 times a day... Like I said, maybe its my set or my setting.... Didn't arc s took photo in a black box? As advertised... In Singtel shop last time.. Using the same sensor, shouldn't xperia s be able to do the same? My dark room still have light from window, black box dun even have an opening...

Yes, maybe yours a lemon. My set got no problem and it should perform the same as Arc S using the dark box.

ragnarok95

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Reaction score

50mAh isnt going to save you nor going to make ur charging cut down from 3 times to 2 times.

Go and have your set check up by the CSO at sony please.

rssd21

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

On the white paper it says - Typical 1750mah battery, minimum 1700mah battery. If you do not use it heavily yet you charge it 3 times a day, either you charge it wrongly or you can go to service centre.

Exmor-R lens are good for taking pictures in low-light, not necessary for very dark environment. Remember, it is low-light camera & not night vision camera.

Maybe your set really have problems. Sorry about that.

Zeph_ng

Reaction score

The battery is ~1750mAh, the 1700mAh value is the rough 'minimum' value for the battery (-3%) the same way 1800mAh is the rough 'maximum' value of the battery, as 1750mAh on the batter (and any Li-Ion battery) is a rough technical estimate not considering the possible error ratio of the battery capacity coming out of the production line

Again, 1700mAh would be worst case scenario, check the battery picture again and it states min. value 1700mAh (1750x0.97 = 1697.5mAh rounded up)

1750mAh +-3%

rssd21

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The battery is ~1750mAh, the 1700mAh value is the rough 'minimum' value for the battery (-3%) the same way 1800mAh is the rough 'maximum' value of the battery, as 1750mAh on the batter (and any Li-Ion battery) is a rough technical estimate not considering the possible error ratio of the battery capacity coming out of the production line

Again, 1700mAh would be worst case scenario, check the battery picture again and it states min. value 1700mAh (1750x0.97 = 1697.5mAh rounded up)

1750mAh +-3%

Dont be too quick to judge, I bet he's just frustrated with the problems of his phone. Everyone's emotional about his new toy once in a while. :D

timberland

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
On the white paper it says - Typical 1750mah battery, minimum 1700mah battery. If you do not use it heavily yet you charge it 3 times a day, either you charge it wrongly or you can go to service centre.

Exmor-R lens are good for taking pictures in low-light, not necessary for very dark environment. Remember, it is low-light camera & not night vision camera.

Maybe your set really have problems. Sorry about that.

wa if got night vision, i will be very happy :D:D:D

timberland

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

1750mAh +-3%

89c99a84.jpg

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.