The Official Xperia S thread

slardar

Reaction score
my phone suffers from yellow cloud at bottom of screen:-( should I live with it? seems like users in other countries can exchange for new unit?

btw when I plug in to charger and continue using the phone, the batt indicator shows charging, but after1-2 hours the percentage only up by 5%! what's wrong?? cannot charge when phone in use?

DoraemonBoi

Master Member
Reaction score
my phone suffers from yellow cloud at bottom of screen:-( should I live with it? seems like users in other countries can exchange for new unit?

btw when I plug in to charger and continue using the phone, the batt indicator shows charging, but after1-2 hours the percentage only up by 5%! what's wrong?? cannot charge when phone in use?

I don't have the battery issue. I think I will try to go to the Sony Service Center at Wisma and try to ask for replacement. I wonder if can or not.

misashiX

Reaction score
Anyone here have yellowish spot on their Xperia S? I think I found the reason for it. I tried leaving my phone to idle for a long period of them, the yellow spot seems to be gone. However, after I start using the phone and the phone start to heat up, the yellow spot came out again.

Hmm, my phone dun seem to have the problem that u have. Suggest u bring down to service centre and ask them to check

ragnarok95

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
Yellowish screen is common. Fact. If you guys can't live with it, dun use a smart phone. =)

Another true fact too. =)

DoraemonBoi

Master Member
Reaction score
Yellowish screen is common. Fact. If you guys can't live with it, dun use a smart phone. =)

Another true fact too. =)
I know that yellowish screen is common. Won't it be odd that it disappear when you are not using it for awhile and than it appear again when it get warmer? :s12:

pker88

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
wisma no more take note
it shift it Singtel at orchard ion
or bishan if u wanna let sony look into it

pker88

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I know that yellowish screen is common. Won't it be odd that it disappear when you are not using it for awhile and than it appear again when it get warmer? :s12:

depend on your luck
my x's before I sold
got no screen issue
no battery issue
well put it simple all is prefect, for me
might be the early batch got no. big issue on yellow tinted

DoraemonBoi

Master Member
Reaction score
depend on your luck
my x's before I sold
got no screen issue
no battery issue
well put it simple all is prefect, for me
might be the early batch got no. big issue on yellow tinted

my is also the first week but not at IT show. Is at Singtel retail stall.

blacksmith

Reaction score
Any comments on the earphone come with the standard package? The sound quality seems way worse than the earphone come with W995 I had before.

kite_racer

Reaction score
wow after reading some post. i m very paranoid with my phone. can u guys show me some examples of yellow spot?

DoraemonBoi

Master Member
Reaction score
DSC00679.jpg

DSC00680.jpg

Last edited:

kite_racer

Reaction score
btw i would like to ask some qns as i am new to android.

I realised that these few apps such as email, gmail,messenger and google+. They are automatically sign in when i click on all these apps.

I would like to manually type in password when i click on all these apps due to privacy purposes. can these be done? how?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.