The Official Xperia S thread

kiroro1986

Banned
Reaction score
yellow tint issue is on both SGN and XS lor
so best before u buy check with the shop ask if u can check before u pay for it

audio quallity if u want to compare to a real dedicated audio player i dont see any phone wil match it thats why i use my own SONY player for audio

but according to user on xs who tested they say is quite good
i am more fussy on audio actually as i dont find even xs better improved SQ is not my taste hahah
but my friend on SGN use a portable amp like those siao ipod he say e use a appls and with a port amp is sounds damm good
but i am not into those
but by right sony mobile should have better sound
as they got a history of walkman sony phone with good SQ too
why not u go use own earphone and test yourself
as sound is subjective

is quite easy just look for a SGN or XS and use oyur phone and bluetooth over haha
and use your earphone and listurn
as some demo phone got a google account let u DL the appls too
this is what i usually do i hunt for it and DL appls i need to benchmark the phone it self

SGN battery is not as good
actually my friend own it he buy port battery ahaha
for me i used to own XS i do carry port battery unless i siao heavy use
if not its good enought

same for my arc s battery life is one of the best
as battery life is aslo hard to say
as depend on the user

hmm ok.. i think i am kinda convince to buy this phone after reading ur comments and the review in Cnet..

is indeed the screen quality draw me in more than SGN.

i am just an average user. sometimes whole day oso no time to check FB or msg... lol

cool i guess i will just get this phone next week and end my headache.. haha.

pker88

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hmm ok.. i think i am kinda convince to buy this phone after reading ur comments and the review in Cnet..

is indeed the screen quality draw me in more than SGN.

i am just an average user. sometimes whole day oso no time to check FB or msg... lol

cool i guess i will just get this phone next week and end my headache.. haha.

np
have fun on the hunt
overall xs vs my arc s battlife i can say it even got abit more juice vs my arc s surpicing too
as arc s is a single core 1.4 vs a 1.5dualcore on the xs
but offcourse heavy use on both phone will last less than a day lor
normal use both will last u 1day if u r scared just bring a port battery pack lor i do now a days as i am a heavy user

after ics comes to xs it wil bring more life into Xs
as now arc s on ics is offical for euro and locally will coming soon
as i just play ith ics on arc s it breath new life to the old arc s too

ragnarok95

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
XS could be the phone for Sony if....

Headphone jack is further away from power button.
Retain ArcS non lid cover for usb.
Better viewing angle.

pker88

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Better viewing angle.

haha bro rag
wait lor its sony first new phone
maybe a next series will be better designed

rssd21

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Better viewing angle.

If it was made water-resistant like acro hd, I would have accepted the lid cover for usb.

raymond86

Reaction score
any1 knows how to type chinese characters in SMS/whatsapp without changing the settings to chinese?

Reaction score
Hmm, first day using xperia S....today afternoon my phone suddenly hang while playing Samurai vs Zombie..then have to do reset, anyone have this problem?

carlover76

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hmm, first day using xperia S....today afternoon my phone suddenly hang while playing Samurai vs Zombie..then have to do reset, anyone have this problem?

My advice for those who just bought the Xperia S, do not let it flat till below 20% and charge it once it is low on battery as the battery cell is not seasoned yet so will need more charging to make it more seasoned.

Update it to the latest firmware .73 if it is not preloaded with that firmware and if you play games, it hang, it might be normal as some games will cause the phone to hang, it happen to any phone not only Xperia S.

Press Volume Up button with the Power button together to reset the phone.

waterballoon

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
brought my XS to sony @ j8...

the whole row of staff got that "wtf... is... this..." face when they saw my phone's screen flickering like siao at the timescape app. hahaha.

anyway, need 2-3 working days and they gave me a really basic phone as a temporary one.

and i asked about the bridge for mac thing... the guy called his friend who uses a macbook also, and he said the sony site should have a page where they teach u how to change settings on the macbook to allow the phone to be detected

but i don't see it -__-

pker88

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
brought my XS to sony @ j8...

the whole row of staff got that "wtf... is... this..." face when they saw my phone's screen flickering like siao at the timescape app. hahaha.

anyway, need 2-3 working days and they gave me a really basic phone as a temporary one.

and i asked about the bridge for mac thing... the guy called his friend who uses a macbook also, and he said the sony site should have a page where they teach u how to change settings on the macbook to allow the phone to be detected

but i don't see it -__-

did he refer u the correct URL?

ragnarok95

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
SvZ is a problematic game. Hang on my XS. Hang on my friend SGS2. Hang on my friend Nexus.

DoraemonBoi

Master Member
Reaction score
Hmm... I still haven't receive call from Sony Mobile about the replacement of my screen... like one month liao lor... :s22:

waterballoon

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
did he refer u the correct URL?

he just tell me the website got say :s22:

anyways, he told me about something that i think Sony has really fked up on...

apparently our 26GB of internal storage is a FAT 32 format de... any file above 4GB will be rejected by the system. that means our movies/vids must be below 4GB.

For a short episode, maybe possible la, but a movie, if say 1080p MKV de... confirm 6-9GB one lor.

so much for boasting a sharp 720p HD screen blah blah with bravia engine when the system can't accept files the size of such HD playback

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.