Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Status
Not open for further replies.

expert128sg

Reaction score
Hi,
Can someone recommend a reliable aircon installation contractor? Saw CTair mentioned, besides that any other contractor to recommend?
Thanks.

i think All Best is gd. i.e. if u can get the same installer...can use capitaland voucher to pay also

milo8899

Reaction score
CT Air service also so so only.

Water leaking after 1 day but managed to get them back and fixed it. Waited few weeks still no official invoice given after full payment. Promised me free vouchers but no response already.

However, they have a dedicated sales person for you with mobile number given. Any issue just contact them.

mark lim

Reaction score
So anything bigger that 24K BTU is not going to be feasible?

Quite frustrating to try and find out information on the units and its compressor sia...

yours is the newer type of HDB since its the late 90's. So the limit is 11A. so the max you should go is the 3A28(at rated output is approx 11.5A). forget about the recommendation about 4A38(rated around 15A i think). you will lose out that extra capacity, since the current limit will restrict it.

expert128sg

Reaction score
CT Air service also so so only.

Water leaking after 1 day but managed to get them back and fixed it. Waited few weeks still no official invoice given after full payment. Promised me free vouchers but no response already.

However, they have a dedicated sales person for you with mobile number given. Any issue just contact them.

Oooo all best quite good. No leakage up till now. Despite the Room Air con being on everyday...

Their vouchers gave me wrong date, i called them, they change it immediately via post.

But sad thing is the service voucher only valid for a year.

terumo

Reaction score
Different users will have different experience with the same company.
So when u purchase,
Decide on type (inverter/non-inverter)
Brand
Then followed by which company.
Company, have to judge based in materials used, other terms and conditions and pricing.

nakorius

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Different users will have different experience with the same company.
So when u purchase,
Decide on type (inverter/non-inverter)
Brand
Then followed by which company.
Company, have to judge based in materials used, other terms and conditions and pricing.

QFT.

I had bad experience with All Best through Best Tech.

But there will always be those who had good experience.

limster

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My 4 room flat is a 94sqm flat.

Despite having a 26k BTU Mit Starmex in the living room, and all other air cons were off. It is still doesnt have the cooling effect when there are more than 20 people in the living room. Kinda disappointed. Not to mentioned that I only on it the 2nd time since they installed it in March 2012.

Quite Sad

My 18k BTU Mit non-inverter Starmex can cool down living room (non-enclosed, leads to dining room) to 25 degrees no problem, but I don't have 20 people in the room..... Its total cooling power is more than equal to 2 x 9k units which I also have in other rooms.

haizsianz

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I will be moving into a resale house soon and is considering to change the existing aircon units. Greatly appreciate if you guys can give some comments. :s13:

I would like to install aircon units for 3 bedrooms and the living/dining room. I was thinking of System 3 (for the 3 bedrooms) and System 2 (for the living room). What do you guys think?

Also, because its concealed piping, I was thinking of changing the pipes as well to prevent more hassle in the future. Will this change of pipes lead to higher costs and whats the expected cost of the total installation? ( I was quote $7000 by gain city).

Thanks for your comments in advance !!! :s13::s13::s13:

terumo

Reaction score
Some Aircon companies also engage ceiling guys to do it.
So cost is roughly around there.
Usually around $150-$200.

nakorius

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I will be moving into a resale house soon and is considering to change the existing aircon units. Greatly appreciate if you guys can give some comments. :s13:

I would like to install aircon units for 3 bedrooms and the living/dining room. I was thinking of System 3 (for the 3 bedrooms) and System 2 (for the living room). What do you guys think?

Also, because its concealed piping, I was thinking of changing the pipes as well to prevent more hassle in the future. Will this change of pipes lead to higher costs and whats the expected cost of the total installation? ( I was quote $7000 by gain city).

Thanks for your comments in advance !!! :s13::s13::s13:

My understanding of GainCity's quote, is it usually includes all piping and you only pay for an upgrade to 1/2 inch thick Armaflex insulations (Class 1?) if you want to do it.

What brand are you getting btw?

You can always shop around for a few quotes.

hume17

Reaction score
Some Aircon companies also engage ceiling guys to do it.
So cost is roughly around there.
Usually around $150-$200.

the aircon installer if they hv their inhouse ceiling contractor, then they can ask them to patch up at this price. if I were to engage the ceiling contractor myself, I don't think I can get at this price.

tk

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
When i ask for quotes to replace my current aircon.. some shops tell me no need to change the current stainless steel bracket (as long as the size fits new condenser) while other shops insist stainless steel bracket much change (regardless of new condenser size).. Who is right? :vijayadmin:

tinydot

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
shouldn't change if it fits. for my case(Gain City), the sales guy told me the technician will bring new bracket in case my old bracket couldn't fit the new one, in the end, it still fits, so never change.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.