Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Status
Not open for further replies.

osmond19

Reaction score
Worth it??

Hi,

This is my first time buying aircon for my new HDB flat. I got this quote from KaiSoon for Mitsubishi Electric System 4 Inverter for 3 bedroom + 1 mini study room.

1) Compressor MXY4A28VA (28,000 btu)
2) Fancoil MSYGE10VA x 4 (9,000 btu)
3) 1/2" Insulflex class 1 insulation
4) 23 SWG copper piping
5) 16mm drainage piping

Warranty: 5 yrs workmanship, 5 yrs compressor & 1 yr spare parts

Total damage: $3,360 nett

Is the quote ok? I think Armaflex insulation is more popular. Anybody uses Insulflex before? Should I upgrade to class 0 insulation instead? Think class 1 or 0 is referring to the fire rating of the insulation right?

terumo

Reaction score
The price is quite cheap and have 5 years workmanship warranty,
Class 1 and 0 refers to fire rating.

tanjhj

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi Terumo bro,

I would like to ask if I was given the quotation by a company Ch0ng C1ty worth to purchase ?

Panasonic System Inverter 2
Outdoor unit model : CU-3S27MKZ
2 X Indoor unit model : CS-S9NKZW
Inclusive of installation : 1 X Stainless Steel Bracket, Trunking, 1 power point socket, (insulation and copper wiring was not told of the grade)

Total Price : SGD 2850

Please do comment if there's any suggestion as I have never purchase an air-conditioner in my life.

Many many thanksss... :s13::s13::s13:

ex to me. trumero reccomended passionair to me. that nice chap quoted me only 3000 all in price for starmex sys 3 inverter aircon.

tanjhj

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

A quick question, i'm planning to get a split system just for 1 room.

I am planning to get from Courts and the price already included installation. (AOYG09LUC+ASYG09LUC from Fujitsu). $1359

I went to coolserve and saw powerpoint installation @ $300? What powerpoint does the aircon above use? I've already a 3 pin plug near the kitchen window where the box will be mounted, is it ok?

(Singapore Weather, no aircon die!)

dun think will save money for single spilt system. just get those 3 ticks $1000 range will be good enough

tanjhj

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
To tanjhj,

Glad u liked his service.

Usually one year warranty is on everything.
2nd to 5th year is on compressor only, exclude labour.

If u want those everything also included extended warranty, maybe have to get Gain City.
But read the fine print, terms n conditions carefully.
Sometimes, they have clauses like servicing must be done by them, etc.....

my dad wanted to get his friend to do so i bohbian. anyway ur fren price is same as my dad fren. however i reccomend passionair.com as i like his service

viv4080

Reaction score
Hi Terumo

I have just installed a new System 2 aircon 2 days ago. 1st night was OK. On 2nd night, there was noise from one of the FCU after about 1 or 2 hours operation. The noise is like refrigerant rushing thru the piping. It came on and off in about 5 mins intervals. I shut off the FCU to prevent possible damage.

Do you know what causes this?

I try for about half an hour this morning, and there is no noise from both FCUs.

I am monitoring this noise and will contact the company if this noise returns again.

Thanks for your advice.

Hi Terumo,

Yesterday night, the same FCU (with the noise issue) could not blow out cold air, despite lowering the temp to 20C from 25C.

Tested the other FCU and it is functioning normally.

Switched off the FCU and restart again this morning, and now it is working normally (blowing out cold air). Looks like I may have a lemon set that is working erratically.

Just have a question. Where is the thermostat located for the FCU? Is it inside the FCU or on the remote controller? I have try to switch remote controller but with similar results.

Not sure whether to call in the company to take a look at the erratic FCU.

touchme

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone can recommend me a licensed Electrician? Urgently needed for assignment. Call nine337.triple3nine. thanks

ftokiat60000

Reaction score
Any suggestions or any recommendations ???

Hi All,

I would like to ask if I was given the quotation by a company Ch0ng C1ty worth to purchase ?

Panasonic System Inverter 2
Outdoor unit model : CU-3S27MKZ
2 X Indoor unit model : CS-S9NKZW
Inclusive of installation : 1 X Stainless Steel Bracket, Trunking, 1 power point socket, 1/2 inch insulation, grade 23 copper wire

Total Price : SGD 2950

There was an increase of sgd 100 after i have requested for the 1/2 inch insulation.After seeing many others having their sys 3 or 4 installed at ard 3-3.5k, I find the current quotation is on the high side.
Anyone has recommendation for a cheaper quotation?

terumo

Reaction score
To Ftokiat60000,

U get the cu2s18 will do with 2 x 9k btu fcu.
Think with 1/2 insulation all that, power point, bracket should cost u around $2.7k-$2.8k.

To viv4080.

What brand is your new sys 2?

viv4080

Reaction score
To Ftokiat60000,

Think with 1/2 insulation all that, power point, bracket should cost u around $2.7k-$2.8k.

To viv4080.

Hi Terumo,

Fujitsu (ASAG09LJCA).
Thanks.

ftokiat60000

Reaction score
To Ftokiat60000,

To viv4080.

Thanks bro terumo for your suggestion.

osmond19

Reaction score
Need some advices here, for new HDB installation, is a 2 trips installation a must or we can settle with 1 trip?

What is the pro and con?

terumo

Reaction score
2 trips installation are those houses under Reno.
If u r currently staying there, one trip is enough.

hume17

Reaction score
Hi Terumo

Besides Mitsubishi Elect, which brand of system 3, has btu combinations of 9,000 x 2 plus 1 x 12,000 or 10,000 x 2 plus 1 x 13,000.

Beta_Tester

Honorary Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Now u can install 2 compressors in hdb is it? I seen some neighbours do it. Illegal?

osmond19

Reaction score
2 trips installation are those houses under Reno.
If u r currently staying there, one trip is enough.
Mine is new hse under reno. The installers insists that one trip is more than enough. He said that if 2 trips the copper will be exposed to oxidise and dirt. 1 trip he will wrap up the fcu n compressor...

Just want to understand the benefit of 2 trips

terumo

Reaction score
To hume17,

Most brands inverters can match the setup that u want.

To osmond19,
2 trips is good in the sense that after they paint e walls, then u install the blower units.
So next time u do not need to repaint after a few years when u change a new aircon.

To beta_tester

Some hdb 5 rooms and marionette can install 2 outdoor units if they have higher electrical loading.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.