Anyone ever worked as a trainee CADD engineer/operator?

Anti_con

Reaction score
didi29:
If denailtan is finishing his 2 years without being terminated, I am very sure that his performance is good, therfore he should get all his bonuses. If you have bad working attitude because of the way you were broght up by your parents, that is too bad.

The greatest irrespect u did was.. insulted people's parent.
ahgonggong..did your parent teach u that..wwow.. u are well brought up too :s13:

Anti_con

Reaction score
Justice_light:
I do not agree. You must have breached the 2 years contract that you signed when you were desperately looking for a job and then quit the traineeship after taking free training and full salary. This is a form of cheating and MOM will not intervene when the company that you have cheated go after you. Otherwise MOM will become part of the syndicate because of YOU!

You think MOM is as stupid as YOU?
HAHAHA:s12:

Talking about cheating:
1) training 1 month instead of 3 months and 90% funding by taxpayers.?
2) did customers know that most of new drafters are traines and inexperience?
2) did customers pay reasonable price for drafter?
4) are the drafters feel regret after know what happened?

ahgonggong.. are u really a drafter?

Anti_con

Reaction score
Hi didi29

I am a diploma holder, may be you are better educated than me! but I am a man of integrity and know how to thanks other who treat me well. The company pay me full salary every month even during training, gave me free training that worth almost $10,000, gave me no cliam medical bonuses, sent me to attend external training that cost them S$2,500 and coach me on the job when ever I encounter difficulty.
I believe that you did enjoyted similar treatment but now, you turn arround and talk cock, said that the company ill treated you. Are you a human being? If you are more educated then me, you must be an educated barbarian.

LMFAO, HAHAHA....:s12:

wait.. full salary u mean taxpayer $$$$. training worth $10000 ( basic autocad and mircostation leh.. cost so much meh.. external training cost $2500?? u mean taxpayer $$$ again. please go and buy mirror and look at yourself.. honest man..

Anti_con

Reaction score
What i can said is... those who want to work as cad engineer or drafter. go other coy.. or direct apply for drafter post from empolyers or this coy competitors. like cadskill etc,,,

Wish you alll the best job seeker:s12:

newmanhyde

Reaction score
simple
only 7 annual leave
no ows for the 2 year whole contract
video cam in office to spy on you.
use gps system to track sales ppl
ot pay rate is standard which is less than 1.5 your hourly rate
saturday 1/2 day
use wda funding so that they pay peanuts for your training.(if like that i can train myself with wda better)
only focus on the construction industry.(u know nothing about elec,marine,oilngas drafting standard)
have to clock in morning clock in/out lunch time clock out evening(am i in factory?)
in house training must sign additional contract to bind you
put you in useless attachment where u learn nothing during ojt . (see u lucky or not)

there is more , now cant remember the contract

those who think this company is good is either ppl who r retrench, housewife or FT. cause u will see a lot here.

Last edited:

Jimrayfish

Reaction score
Thank god I came across this forum by searching in google.

I am a fresh engin grad from NUS and am about to go for an interview tomorrow, but after going through this forum, I changed my mind.

That being said, I find the package too good to be true. I mean...company training you for 2 years for free? Also, why should it take that long to train u just in some simple drafting software. Sounds a little fishy if you ask me.

No offence to anyone who might be supporters of the company or its activities and employment packages.

I would like to hear more feedback from those who have worked with this company though. Please share your experience with us, especially any local engineering grads. Thank you.

Serblime

Reaction score
wah nus grad can't find job? zun bo? how's yr gpa? usually undergrads before they grad get job liao... anyways u goin for interview with this coy in this thread?

motohoto0

Reaction score
Companies like aceplp market themselves as training providers but it is actually a kind of recruitment agency whereby they enslave workers to them through some kind of one sided contract and force their employees to work for them for a period of time until contract ends. The so-called trainings are mainly provided by themselves and then they will demand payment for these trainings if you try to leave the company.

The problem is, the trainers may also be internally certified, meaning its all a self proclaim system. One of my friends joined the company and is being forced to work there until the contract ends. He said that they did not indicate alot of details in the contract but upon signing, the company will add in the company's set of rules that is way stricter than the contract but by then, employees cannot do anything but get stuck in the company and get constant threats by the management if employees even thought about leaving.

In my opinion, if you google online, there is tons of drafter jobs available in the market, and it does mean that you can only get exposure through aceplp. Its just some brain washing technique the company uses against individual.

Serblime

Reaction score
u do not hav to fear abt these threats . hav spoken to lawyers abt this in similar situations. its what stated in yr org contract and employment laws and practises by mom that really matters. so u're not alone in this regard. stand yr grd or be eaten. yr choice.

Synasta

Reaction score
Bump!

Anyone else care to share their experience? I was contacted by aceplp for a Trainee CAD Engineer position as a diploma holder. Having gone through the 5 pages here, i don't know what to make of the situation as there are two firmly opposing camps with no middle ground in between.

FerreroForte

Reaction score
Bump!

Anyone else care to share their experience? I was contacted by aceplp for a Trainee CAD Engineer position as a diploma holder. Having gone through the 5 pages here, i don't know what to make of the situation as there are two firmly opposing camps with no middle ground in between.

wad u wan 2 noe? i dun mind sharing... i tink aceplp program is gud 4 netwrking n learning abt engg indstry cuz i got gd exp working in diff coys.. anway it has done well 4 me, i am doing ok!. basically dis is a training program 4 engginers... y not go 4 de interview 2 learn more wif ur eyes wide open?? no one in de world cn force u to do sumting u dun wan & dis is juz an option... if u dun wan den juz reject de offer lor... jz 2 cents worth frm me...

FerreroForte

Reaction score
Thank god I came across this forum by searching in google.

I am a fresh engin grad from NUS and am about to go for an interview tomorrow, but after going through this forum, I changed my mind.

That being said, I find the package too good to be true. I mean...company training you for 2 years for free? Also, why should it take that long to train u just in some simple drafting software. Sounds a little fishy if you ask me.

No offence to anyone who might be supporters of the company or its activities and employment packages.

I would like to hear more feedback from those who have worked with this company though. Please share your experience with us, especially any local engineering grads. Thank you.

dis an apprenticeship prog.. most learning is on de job... n u can gain real working exp.. dats why it takes longer. employers always ask hw much exp u have b4 they hire u.... dun belief go n search lor.... im working wif many experienced engg and architects and no one will tell u dat they learn drafting over 2 days.. btw i was frm ntu engg..

FerreroForte

Reaction score

btw, ur right dat its a gd deal. if u ask me, aceplp got no choice but 2 do so cuz the industry got very few locals qualify 2 do dis jobs. no choice but to train us cuz otherwise got biz oso cannot do. dats y dere r so many FTs in dis industry, n u tink MNC wan 2 bother wif sgpreans who cant be bother? i hear many coys just rotate their talent to sg office or outsource overseas. wad 2 do? though i may be born and bred in sg, i muz say many sgporeans are damn stuckup n lazy. juz look at de posts in dis thread!! :s8: such situations is call "oportunity" n u shuld tk advantage, but dun turn ard n bite de hand tt feed u, lyk some ppl posting here. dis kind sure gots bad karma.

silverx83

Reaction score
ehhh any drafters got spare time wanna help me with my UG assignment? use NX7.5 or later

i need to draw 3D model of a customised wheelchair. will pay for your help. PM me :)

cadman

Reaction score
well.. ignoring the pointless arguing up there, anyone like to share their experience? what they teach etc. etc.

or if you got some work in your portfolio to show off, maybe post it here?

i'd like to get a gauge on how i'm doing through self learning.

training begin w classroom lesson in autocad and microstation (commonly used in industry) then part-time trainers take over, they are actually also full-time industry professionals in other companys. frm there u learn shortcut, industry standard, common encuonterd issues and prob.

real learning begin outside formal classroom training cos job postings r the best place for you to practice ur skills, pick up exp, build industry network, etc. good exposure. it is difficult to master skills w/o sufficient practice and exp. i go job interviews they will confirm ask hw muich exp u have. also got revit, very impt skill, cos now companys want ppl to do bim drawing.

pity many ppl commented previously do not understand about the concept of aceplp trainig. if u want solid foundation skill for long time career success, consider this. apprenticeship training is common in countries like germany, very rare in sg. this type of model was proven successful for building job skill.

qqweeman

Reaction score
Companies like aceplp market themselves as training providers but it is actually a kind of recruitment agency whereby they enslave workers to them through some kind of one sided contract and force their employees to work for them for a period of time until contract ends. The so-called trainings are mainly provided by themselves and then they will demand payment for these trainings if you try to leave the company.

The problem is, the trainers may also be internally certified, meaning its all a self proclaim system. One of my friends joined the company and is being forced to work there until the contract ends. He said that they did not indicate alot of details in the contract but upon signing, the company will add in the company's set of rules that is way stricter than the contract but by then, employees cannot do anything but get stuck in the company and get constant threats by the management if employees even thought about leaving.

In my opinion, if you google online, there is tons of drafter jobs available in the market, and it does mean that you can only get exposure through aceplp. Its just some brain washing technique the company uses against individual.

This is definitely like a job if u ask me. The trainee’s CPF are paid by aceplp – a recruitment agency will never do that.

The company is willing to provide FREE training with basic salary. Trainees will have 2 months indoor training with good support from the trainers before going out to other company clients. The 2 years of job posting is another great way to gain work experience for their future. If they want to be successful in this line of career, this training is a good way to start.

Free Training of course does not come free. Their contracts will have a bond for 2 years with training included. Similar with almost every other jobs out with Free Training such as being an SIA air stewardess. Air stewardesses also are bonded for 2 years after their Training in make-up, food service etc. My friend had to pay the full training fees when she decided to quit before the bond ends.

As for the Trainers, they are professionals in the field. Like teachers from schools, they are authorized to teach. They are qualified through various professional certifications and Trainer’s courses, which are required for the company to be authorized to train by Autodesk. I also know they are a training partner of Bentley. Not anyhow licensed like what you mean.

I feel like aceplp are already very kind to give such training/ opportunity. So please don’t talk bad about them.

There are tons of drafting jobs but how are you going to get into one these days without experience? I consider myself very lucky to have been trained by aceplp, otherwise I would never get a drafting job.

ngkyn87

Reaction score
Wow. big hoohah here. anyway, i'm also looking for a job now and this job seems like quite a good thing. don't understand why there's so much negativity here. i mean, isn't it reasonable to expect to be bonded if the company puts inexperienced people through training and sends them out to get experience? after all they've gotta protect their investment and also their reputation. even govt bodies also bond people haha!
if the company gets funding, good for them right? what has it gotta do with the staff?

P.S. sounds like they hire inexperienced ppl, if i have no engineering background, will they hire me?

peppershadow1

Reaction score

MotoHoto0,

I am very surprised and amused to hear your comments as i believe that in our current society, who can enslave and threat workers to work on one-sided contract without receiving complains and intervene from our government????:s13::s13::s13:

Dont be so naive & guillable lah...:eek::eek:

As an ex-drafter in aceplp, i can tell that "your friend" must be those troublemaker or MC kings or queens that was often rejected by their clients otherwise they wouldn't be misleading you with all these negative feedbacks!!!

To me, a person's attitude is the most important coz if you do not have a good attitude, no matter where or whom you work with... The only outcome will be Termination by the company and i supposed that you will start to blame that company for ill-treating, enslave & threaten u again....:s8::s8::s8:

GOD only helps those people that help themselves..

princeheart

Reaction score
I guess people without any related background and very keen in that industry can use the company as a learning and training ground during the their stay at the company. As for the training part, I heard that the company has been around for some time. So the trainers of the company should have gotten some certifications that qualified them to be trainers or else other people would have already reported the company for cheating them.

that's just my own opinion!!=:p

qqweeman

Reaction score
Wow. big hoohah here. anyway, i'm also looking for a job now and this job seems like quite a good thing. don't understand why there's so much negativity here. i mean, isn't it reasonable to expect to be bonded if the company puts inexperienced people through training and sends them out to get experience? after all they've gotta protect their investment and also their reputation. even govt bodies also bond people haha!
if the company gets funding, good for them right? what has it gotta do with the staff?

P.S. sounds like they hire inexperienced ppl, if i have no engineering background, will they hire me?

Yes exactly! Being bonded into companies that gives free training and job posting experience is of course expected.
I also don't understand why there is so much negativity towards the company. Maybe they just don't understand.

And yes, they do hire inexperienced as there will be trainers to help out.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.